**** Bull **** **** Faced ****

yeah they played 2 1/2 great periods in Buffalo... had a 4-1 lead with about 16 minutes left in the 3rd.. and blew it.. i almost feel bad about lowering the leafs chances of making the playoffs........ almost
If only there was some way to get serge so worked up without pooping on his team's playoff chances...I must ponder this riddle a little longer.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serge, admit it. This team lacks something. The old Leaf teams wouldn't blow as many leads as this crappy team does time and time again. If I were running this team I would rip it to shreds. Seriously, scrap the entire team and start all over with all of the wonderful assests we'd gain. Imagine what we could build if we traded in this:Mats SundinBryan McCabePavel KubinaThomas KaberleDarcy TuckerAndrew RaycroftNik AntropovKyle Wellwoodfor this:Tiukka RaskPatrick KaneErik JohnsonBobby RyanJohn TavaresSteven StamkosJakub VoracekAlex Goligoski Until that day comes it'll be hard for me to root hard for this team. A true fan can wait for greatnesss...

Sorry, but as the only awake member of Penguin Nation, I would have to veto the Goligoski trade. I'm sure Strategy might have to veto the Erik Johnson trade as well.

Sorry, but as the only awake member of Penguin Nation, I would have to veto the Goligoski trade. I'm sure Strategy might have to veto the Erik Johnson trade as well.
If the leafs had a really, really good forward prospect in their farm system, I don't think I'd mind trading Johnson. Obviously there's no one on the current roster that's worth acquiring aside from maybe Wellwood.
Serge, admit it. This team lacks something. The old Leaf teams wouldn't blow as many leads as this crappy team does time and time again. If I were running this team I would rip it to shreds. Seriously, scrap the entire team and start all over with all of the wonderful assests we'd gain. Imagine what we could build if we traded in this:Mats SundinBryan McCabePavel KubinaThomas KaberleDarcy TuckerAndrew RaycroftNik AntropovKyle Wellwoodfor this:Tiukka RaskPatrick KaneErik JohnsonBobby RyanJohn TavaresSteven StamkosJakub VoracekAlex Goligoski Until that day comes it'll be hard for me to root hard for this team. A true fan can wait for greatnesss...
Hi Daniel,I am really sorry you feel that way. The guys we have are a great bunch of guys and I dont think you are giving us any credit. Also what GM would make those trades, in the new NHl its very hard to make trades with the salary cap.
Serge, admit it. This team lacks something. The old Leaf teams wouldn't blow as many leads as this crappy team does time and time again. If I were running this team I would rip it to shreds. Seriously, scrap the entire team and start all over with all of the wonderful assests we'd gain. Imagine what we could build if we traded in this:Andrew Raycroftfor this:Tiukka Rask
One of the few good moves Boston has made, they wouldn't trade him back.

Heh, I was watching the game last night at the bar with my brother (who lurks and posts here sometimes and knows all about Serge) and I was telling him about all the crap I was going to catch as a result of the poor performance by Buffalo. Then all of a sudden it was like I was watching a totally different game, the Sabres were flying around the ice and the Leafs (especially Raycroft) were on their heels wondering what the hell had happened. Great game, as soon as Vanek scored his second I knew without a doubt that they were coming all the way back. Raycroft just had that look of "oh fuck, here we go..."Stat of the night:Kyle Wellwood - 0 Goals, 0 Assists, -2

Heh, I was watching the game last night at the bar with my brother (who lurks and posts here sometimes and knows all about Serge) and I was telling him about all the crap I was going to catch as a result of the poor performance by Buffalo. Then all of a sudden it was like I was watching a totally different game, the Sabres were flying around the ice and the Leafs (especially Raycroft) were on their heels wondering what the hell had happened. Great game, as soon as Vanek scored his second I knew without a doubt that they were coming all the way back. Raycroft just had that look of "oh fuck, here we go..."Stat of the night:Kyle Wellwood - 0 Goals, 0 Assists, -2
good game for the sabres.we will bounce back tonight

Toronto has to worry about two things 1. how they can be a playoff team next year2. where they put there golf clubshow can you sit there and say that "we will bounce back tonight" when you cant hold a 3 goal lead with 10 min left in the game. Two a team who played all told 15 min of good hockey. Ajs will back me up on that one. :club:

Seriously who do you think would take Mccabe or Sundins contract? Even moving Kubina would be very hard. In the cap era they gotta be more careful when handing out contracts. They can make some cosmetic changes but I think they pretty much stuck with what they got.

Toronto has to worry about two things 1. how they can be a playoff team next year2. where they put there golf clubshow can you sit there and say that "we will bounce back tonight" when you cant hold a 3 goal lead with 10 min left in the game. Two a team who played all told 15 min of good hockey. Ajs will back me up on that one. :club:
See that?Mah brutha. The Sabres only needed 3 goals to beat the Leafs, but they needed the extra two to beat the refs. That horrible, horrible call at the end of the first period to put Toronto on a 5-3 and tie the game at one, and the puck that bounced off the ref's leg and hopped right in front of the net can be placed directly on the ref's personal tally sheet.
Seriously who do you think would take Mccabe or Sundins contract? Even moving Kubina would be very hard. In the cap era they gotta be more careful when handing out contracts. They can make some cosmetic changes but I think they pretty much stuck with what they got.
I was actually jealous of Toronto's signing Kubina when it happened, thought it would be a good move for them. He's just been a total flop, plain and simple. Who knew that skating the Tampa PP with the Big 3 could be that much of a boost to a defenseman's stats?... :club:

Buffalo was sleeping through the whole game until the Leafs scored that 4th goal. Miller throwing his stick because of the bounce off the ref woke up the Sabres and they finally decided to flex. Leafs don't score that 4th goal and they end up winning that game. A few random thoughts.1. When the score was 4-3 call a timeout.2. Leafs split the home and home and all is well (Leafs coming out tonight will show if they have heart, if they lay an egg see ya)3. This game reminded of the Pitt overtime game when Pitt won in OT. The Leafs have to stop thinking that they can skate with these teams. Anytime they try playing end to end they get burned. Slow down the pace or you will get odd man rushes all day long the other way.4. Id rather have Belfour or Cujo.5. Aubin should start tonight6. Rick Generet is the best play by play guy check out WGR 550 to hear this guy. He was suppose to retire last year but I think the Sabres team has him excited so he's holding out on retirement.7. "This team is good scary good" 8. Its not over as most of you think a split is all they need.

6. Rick Generet is the best play by play guy check out WGR 550 to hear this guy. He was suppose to retire last year but I think the Sabres team has him excited so he's holding out on retirement.
POMINVILLE POPULATION 32!THE COOKIE MONSTER STRIKES AGAIN!I love him.
I don't know much about the NHL, but from what I understand from sports talk radio, the NHL has a very very strict salary cap, So the leafs may just be handcuffed. The NHL isn't the AHL, The Leafs can't disregard the salary cap anytime they desire with no fear of reprisal.( is this the point in which I type "/High five"?)
I don't know much about the NHL, but from what I understand from sports talk radio, the NHL has a very very strict salary cap, So the leafs may just be handcuffed. The NHL isn't the AHL, The Leafs can't disregard the salary cap anytime they desire with no fear of reprisal.( is this the point in which I type "/High five"?)
This is most definitely the point at which you type "High Five". NH.
BigD is doing a good job of fitting in here. All he has to do is brush up on his hockey knowledge and he's all set.
I think i'll just go with being openly and honestly ignorant about it. I have alot of sympathy for hocky, and it's plight. And you hockey fans are some of the most passionate sports fans I"ve ever seen.. It's not like I can even get hockey on tv where I live ( well,I guess I could, if I got the dish or something, but I don't watch enough tv nor care enough about hocket to ge t the dish)
I think i'll just go with being openly and honestly ignorant about it. I have alot of sympathy for hocky, and it's plight. And you hockey fans are some of the most passionate sports fans I"ve ever seen.. It's not like I can even get hockey on tv where I live ( well,I guess I could, if I got the dish or something, but I don't watch enough tv nor care enough about hocket to ge t the dish)
That's the biggest problem with hockey in the US.... like half of the markets don't even get VS.
That's the biggest problem with hockey in the US.... like half of the markets don't even get VS.
Not like nebraska's exactly a hockey hot bed. Hockey, if they want to market to the US, needs to get on ESPN anyway they can. But, at this point, should they even bother to? Did't that experiment fail miserably? Hockey should shore up the markets it has, moves some teams like Nashville to places like winnipeg, and quit dreaming of converting the southern, nascar fan to hockey.

The ESPN thing was stupid. Bettman (NHL commish) pretty well blew that by thinking he was in a better bargaining position when he was, and didn't want to take ESPN's offer, although it was probably better than what they have now. (All from vague memories, I'm sure gruven could enlighten us a bit more on this one.)Also, fwiw, Winnipeg would have a hard enough time supporting an NHL team, even though there are a ton of fans there, but their base just isn't big enough, and I don't think there's enough money overall in the Winnipeg economy to consistently sell out an NHL team. I mean, it prolly would for the first year or whatever, but after they get used to it again, it would drop off, unfortunately. Also, their arena is only 15k seats, and they would need more seats to make money. It's a brand new downtown arena too.

The ESPN thing was stupid. Bettman (NHL commish) pretty well blew that by thinking he was in a better bargaining position when he was, and didn't want to take ESPN's offer, although it was probably better than what they have now. (All from vague memories, I'm sure gruven could enlighten us a bit more on this one.)Also, fwiw, Winnipeg would have a hard enough time supporting an NHL team, even though there are a ton of fans there, but their base just isn't big enough, and I don't think there's enough money overall in the Winnipeg economy to consistently sell out an NHL team. I mean, it prolly would for the first year or whatever, but after they get used to it again, it would drop off, unfortunately. Also, their arena is only 15k seats, and they would need more seats to make money. It's a brand new downtown arena too.
Does the NHL ever seriously consider contraction? I think they went a lil expansion crazy in the 90's.
Does the NHL ever seriously consider contraction? I think they went a lil expansion crazy in the 90's.
They want to EXPAND right now! They are thinking about 2 more teams, lol.
They want to EXPAND right now! They are thinking about 2 more teams, lol.
This seems like madness to me. Is the talent pool in hockey really that big to justify that? what two cities would get teams? womens college basket ball gets better ratigns in the US than hockey.
This seems like madness to me. Is the talent pool in hockey really that big to justify that? what two cities would get teams? womens college basket ball gets better ratigns in the US than hockey.
KC, Oklahoma City, Vegas among others. KC is probably at the top of the list.http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl shows live games 2-3 nights a week usually. This week is pretty light for some reason but they're showing Pit/Bos on Thursday.