• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dream team doesn't have to be about chemistry, though. It's more about picking the best individuals and throwing them together. That's why I took Luc - he was only a Pen during the half-year (lock-out), but I put him out there with Lemieux, even though I don't think they ever shared the ice together.

A dream team doesn't have to be about chemistry, though. It's more about picking the best individuals and throwing them together. That's why I took Luc - he was only a Pen during the half-year (lock-out), but I put him out there with Lemieux, even though I don't think they ever shared the ice together.
I guess technically I could include Gretzky. There are a ton of idiots out there with retro Gretzky St. Louis Blues jerseys. He didn't mean much to the Blues, so I left him off. I honestly did forget Shanny though.

Coach - Paul Maurice GM - Jim Rutherford my choices:G - Mike LiutD - Ulf SamuelssonD - Glen WesleyRW - Geoff SandersonC - Ron FrancisLW - Mikael Nylanderthe "did you know"/all-star team:G - JS GiguereD - Chris ProngerD - Gary SuterRW - Gordie HoweC - Ron FrancisLW - Bobby HullTheme Song- Brass Bonanza

Coach - Paul Maurice GM - Jim Rutherford my choices:G - Mike LiutD - Ulf SamuelssonD - Glen WesleyRW - Geoff SandersonC - Ron FrancisLW - Mikael Nylanderthe "did you know"/all-star team:G - JS GiguereD - Chris ProngerD - Gary SuterRW - Gordie HoweC - Ron FrancisLW - Bobby HullTheme Song- Brass Bonanza
I knew all of those guys were Canes/Whalers except Suter. That one came as a surprise.My all time coach for the Canucks is either Quinn or Roger Neilson (even though he only coached briefly, he had a massive impact).
You can't throw someone in who only played for half a season. Career wise, Mogilny would probably crack my list for the Canucks. But no. He doesn't make it.
Or Messier.
I knew all of those guys were Canes/Whalers except Suter. That one came as a surprise.
I have to be honest, I dont think he ever played a game for them, but I saw just last week that TSN showed him as part of the deal that sent Nylander to Hartford. Maybe it was a 3-way deal, but i dont recall that.Hated that they traded away Nylander that day, wish they showed more patience with him. He was always my Wellwood on Hartford.

I'll give this one a shot. I for a brief time was a Blackhawks fan, when I was playing alot of nhl video games. then wurst traded all the players I liked, and I stopped watching hockey entirely. A real blackhawks fans I hope critiques my choices..C Jermey Roenick My all time favorite video game player to play with ( Lindros being a close second. It's a shame he was never close to the player in real life that he was in video games). He could score like a monster, and was a checkin' machineW-Bobby Hull- hall of famer. Before my time, but his greatness was known even to the most marginal of hockey fans, like me.W Tony Amonte Well, he's really the only other black hawk wing I can remember, so he proably has to be pretty good, if I know him. I remember he was about the only thing going for the team in 1997, when I went to a few of their games.D- Chris Cheilos. When he was traded to the Red Wings, it pretty much singled an end to players I had heard of or cared about on the black hawks, other than amonte. But amonte really wasn't there when I was playing the video game all the time. Man, this guy ruled as a video game player.D- um... Bob hope?G. It probably should go to hall of famer Espo, but I never saw him play, but I did see Eddie Belfour btch slap Roy in a goalie fight ( i'm not entirely sure if this memory is legitamate) so my spot goes to the eagle.Coach Mike Keenan. the only coach i really know, and the last coach to bring the black hawks to respectability, much less playoff success.

LuongoOhlundSneptsBureLindenNaslundSome tough choices on D, the Canucks have never had any Hall of Famer D, but they have a lot of pretty good ones. I put Snepts on because I have met him and he was a good guy. Ohlund is my favourite player. Very tough to leave off Smyle.
I like the forwards (honorable mention goes to Morrison, always liked him), choosing the D-men is pretty tough like you said. I might go with Ohlund and Bieksa (became a quick fan of his); Snepsts played before my time so don't know much about him. Bobby Lu is net is obv.
Coach Mike Keenan. the only coach i really know, and the last coach to bring the black hawks to respectability, much less playoff success.
I think the consensus in the hockey world is that Keenan is both a terrible coach and GM. He set back the development of a lot of young players in the Panthers system while he was coach. As GM, he traded arguably the best goaltender to the Canucks for an injured headcase and spare parts. I have no idea who the best coach of the Blackhawks is though... I guess I'd go with whoever was behind the bench the last time they won the cup.I think you should consider becoming a fan again. They're about to get good.
COME ON ...no Wayne Gretzky?...You have to put Wayne Gretzky on that list....Even if you have to make him a winger
Why do I have to put him on my list? I was never much of a fan and he isn't a guy that I enjoyed watching all that much. Not saying he sucks, but I'd prefer watching Jagr or Lemieux play.
Why do I have to put him on my list? I was never much of a fan and he isn't a guy that I enjoyed watching all that much. Not saying he sucks, but I'd prefer watching Jagr or Lemieux play.
@@@@@HOCKEY NOOB QUESTION ALERT@@@@@This is a phenomenon that confuses me. As a hockey ignorant american, I've pretty much been programmed to think gretsky was "the great one", the no brain greatest hockey player of all time. But I've talked with several hockey fans, most all canadian, who think Gretzky is really over-rated, saying he was soft, benefited from playing on great teams, ect. Can someone clearly explain to me the anti-gretsky platform?
@@@@@HOCKEY NOOB QUESTION ALERT@@@@@This is a phenomenon that confuses me. As a hockey ignorant american, I've pretty much been programmed to think gretsky was "the great one", the no brain greatest hockey player of all time. But I've talked with several hockey fans, most all canadian, who think Gretzky is really over-rated, saying he was soft, benefited from playing on great teams, ect. Can someone clearly explain to me the anti-gretsky platform?
Wayne Gretzky was the greatest hockey player ever to play the game. He played on great teams because he was on them..Saying he is overrated is doing an injustice to the greatest of all time, not just in hockey but in all of sports.When you get a chance just check out some of his records. Even though he played in a different era, the numbers are just mind blowing. He was magic on the ice, he had eyes in the back of his head. As good as Sidney Crosby is right now , imagine a player 5 times better and that was Wayne Gretzky.I really would like to hear the argument what Wayne Gretzky wasnt the greatest hockey player of all time.
Wayne Gretzky was the greatest hockey player ever to play the game. He played on great teams because he was on them..Saying he is overrated is doing an injustice to the greatest of all time, not just in hockey but in all of sports.When you get a chance just check out some of his records. Even though he played in a different era, the numbers are just mind blowing. He was magic on the ice, he had eyes in the back of his head. As good as Sidney Crosby is right now , imagine a player 5 times better and that was Wayne Gretzky.I really would like to hear the argument what Wayne Gretzky wasnt the greatest hockey player of all time.
I am familar with his records. The gap between him and howe and mario is so big in alot of them, that it shocks me when I do hear the anti-gretsky argument. Also another noob question. are you serge's proxy now?
I am familar with his records. The gap between him and howe and mario is so big in alot of them, that it shocks me when I do hear the anti-gretsky argument. Also another noob question. are you serge's proxy now?
Serge is too depressed to post after last night...He is on "leave"

Coaches - Scotty Bowman, Lindy RuffForward Line 1 - Gilbert Perreault, Rene Robert, Rick MartinForward Line 2 - Pat LaFontaine, Alexander Mogilny, Danny GareForward Line 3 - Daniel Briere, Chris Drury, Maxim AfinogenovForward Line 4 - Dave Andreychuk, Dale Hawerchuk, Pierre TurgeronFan Favorite Line - Matthew Barnaby, Rob Ray, Mike FolignoDefense:Phil HousleyLindy RuffBrian CampbellJim SchoenfeldPhillipe BoucherTim HortonGoalies:Dominik HasekRyan MillerTom BarrassoHonorable Mentions:Thomas Vanek, Brad May, Jim Lorentz, Rick Vaive, Miroslav Satan, Martin Biron, Larry Carriere, Mike Ramsey, many, many more.

BigDWhen you look at Mario's stats vs Wayne's, take a look at the games played category. You'll see Gretz was lucky enough to stay healthy his whole career, while Mario dealt with a terrible back, cancer, heart problems, among other things. Unless it dropped significantly since his comeback, Mario should have the highest points-per-game total. He did, at least, when he retired the first time in 97.Not to take anything away from Gretzky, who was an amazing player, but personally, I think Mario had more raw talent, just unfortunately, didn't get the chances to match the numbers. Also, a lot of people will say the same of Bobby Orr.

Of the Leafs I have seen.....Obviously heavy on the late 70's and mid '90s teams with a few current players in the mix as honorable mentions.C- Darryl Sittler (Gilmour, Sundin, Keon)RW- Lanny McDonald (Vaive, Mogilny, Ellis)LW- Wendel Clark (Damphousse, Henderson, Thompson)D1- Ian Turnbull (Kaberle, Macoun, Yuskevich)D2- Borje Salming (McCabe, Ellett, Iafrate)G- Curtis Joseph (Potvin, Belfour, Palmateer)Coach- Pat Burns (Pat Quinn, Roger Neilson)