Villain here is 26/7 over 260 handsFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :D:)2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, Button folds, BB calls.Flop: :D:club::) ($3.75, 3 players)BB bets $2, Hero raises to $6, BB calls.Turn: :D ($15.75, 3 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: :D ($15.75, 3 players)BB bets $10????????????

what are the stack sizes? And I don't like the check on the turn. Can't be afraid villian will always have the flush, when the third diamond comes. You have position, BB checked the turn, you need to bet.

Hrmm, preflop is standard, it would be better if you should stack sizes and if you had any reads on bb. but anyways, preflop is standard, i would personally raised the flop to at least 8 dollars. though you flopped 2 pair, that is a nasty straight/flush board. on the turn, i like the check, after seeing that diamond, i would keep the pot small. on the river, a 3s comes. and he comes out with a 10 dollar bet into a 17 dollar pot.. he obviously has the flush, it would hurt, but from there i would fold. its quite obvious, but i can understand a donk call, just "needing to see the flush".

i disagree. it depends on who your opponent is. if he is a really bad lag whose playing drunk on a saturday night then i would call. if he is really tight, then i would fold, but i definately think you should bet the turn to see where youre at.

I dont play much no limit, but I like the check behind on the turn. I wouldnt want to get c/r off our hand when we have outs to improve and it keeps the pot small, then I would call the river bet. I dont think you can check behind then fold to this river bet.

I dont play much no limit, but I like the check behind on the turn. I wouldnt want to get c/r off our hand when we have outs to improve and it keeps the pot small, then I would call the river bet. I dont think you can check behind then fold to this river bet.
I agree, if you check behind i think you have to call the river bet, unless you have a good read on your opponent that they won't bet there without a flush. Without additional info i call here, as played.

This is fairly standard. Controlling the pot size it is an extremely important NL skill to learn and checking the turn here is a good example of this. The hero has a strong (but very vulnerable) hand that he'd like to take to showdown. If he bets the turn and is raised, he will have to fold. Checking behind on the turn invites the villain to fire at the pot on the river regardless of what his hand is. You'll often be shown a flush here, but you will also win the hand enough to make this profitable.I think a more interesting situation would've come up if the villain checked the river and you had to choose whether or not to value bet the hand.

This is fairly standard. Controlling the pot size it is an extremely important NL skill to learn and checking the turn here is a good example of this. The hero has a strong (but very vulnerable) hand that he'd like to take to showdown. If he bets the turn and is raised, he will have to fold. Checking behind on the turn invites the villain to fire at the pot on the river regardless of what his hand is. You'll often be shown a flush here, but you will also win the hand enough to make this profitable.I think a more interesting situation would've come up if the villain checked the river and you had to choose whether or not to value bet the hand.
This would be a more interesting question. I guess it comes down to the player, are they willing to check/raise the river? Are they the type that will only call if they have two pair beat? At these stakes i will probably value bet this hand against a normal opponent. you're getting called by Ax too often.
This would be a more interesting question. I guess it comes down to the player, are they willing to check/raise the river? Are they the type that will only call if they have two pair beat? At these stakes i will probably value bet this hand against a normal opponent. you're getting called by Ax too often.
If the villain checks the river, I believe it is a huge mistake not to put out a value bet there.
I think you could value bet this if he checked behind seeing he could have called the flop with something like A10. He most likely would bet his flush and/or straight ( ha or the 2 pair he had)Sorry I thought I did include stack sizes I pretty sure I had like 60 and he had a normal stack size of 50. So we were not deep. I called the river bet and he showed AQ. Sorry about putting it in the wrong Forum I thought the short handed meant short handed NL. Thanks for the help.
I think you could value bet this if he checked behind seeing he could have called the flop with something like A10. He most likely would bet his flush and/or straight ( ha or the 2 pair he had)Sorry I thought I did include stack sizes I pretty sure I had like 60 and he had a normal stack size of 50. So we were not deep. I called the river bet and he showed AQ. Sorry about putting it in the wrong Forum I thought the short handed meant short handed NL. Thanks for the help.
Good value/blocker bet by the villain. The flush card slowed down the action and saved you money, so you should feel happier about that.
i disagree. it depends on who your opponent is. if he is a really bad lag whose playing drunk on a saturday night then i would call. if he is really tight, then i would fold, but i definately think you should bet the turn to see where youre at.
I put 26/7 to give you guys come clue of how he is running meaning 26 VIP and 7% preflop raise.I didnt bet the turn because the flop was so ugly and didnt want to get into a pot where I could be behind really bad. I wanted going to see if he would bet the river.

just insert all of Acid Knights posts here for my answer.I check behind on turn, I probably fold river but thats very read dependant. Hard to imagine him betting AK there, and I doubt I bet out a worse 2 pair. And I definitely bet river if checked to.Mark

Villain here is 26/7 over 260 handsFull Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with :D:)2 folds, Hero raises to $1.75, Button folds, BB calls.Flop: :D:club::) ($3.75, 3 players)BB bets $2, Hero raises to $6, BB calls.Turn: :D ($15.75, 3 players)BB checks, Hero checks.River: :D ($15.75, 3 players)BB bets $10????????????
bet the turn...checking is too passive and your giving him a chance to catch a free cardalso we need stack sizes