High Stakes Season 3... Your Thoughts!

im still waiting for the hand from the opening credits where Booths puts in a stack of 3 50k bricks
I played with Brad a few weeks ago and he said they were 50's ... said that should be on "in the middle of March or so".edit - memo to self ... read entire thread before responding to any posts. Those who guaranteed they were 50's are 100% correct!(I still haven't read the whole thread yet ... do as I say, not as I do!)
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This you might find interesting: the shows they are airing now were actually the second day. The last half of the shows will come from the first day of play. The "tough" game I'm talking about will be the last half of day one. There will be lots of $$$ on the table, but pretty nitty action if you ask me.

This you might find interesting: the shows they are airing now were actually the second day. The last half of the shows will come from the first day of play. The "tough" game I'm talking about will be the last half of day one. There will be lots of $$$ on the table, but pretty nitty action if you ask me.
Although of course we hope the coolers stop for you Daniel, although they make for great tv, nobody here likes to see you get abused by the poker gods.
That's because Daniel hasn't flopped a straight yet. Give it time. The cooler is coming. (usually on the turn)
I forget who said it but that reminds me on this quote"I have a read on Daniel, when the board pairs, he has a straight"lolaments

my bet is that it will not get hot until the last run of the season but am like everyone else waiting to see that hand.Whats the take on Jamie Gold and his lawsuit i mean get real you say your going to split it then you get drug into court over it and still have to pay. The way i see it is that the last 5 peaple that have won the main event have been called anchors and beside haschem and raimer that has been true. Is jamie gold the next varconi or will he just be remebered for being a turd that he is for the lawsuit

The way i see it is that the last 5 peaple that have won the main event have been called anchors and beside haschem and raimer that has been true. Is jamie gold the next varconi or will he just be remebered for being a turd that he is for the lawsuit
1) Hachem2) Raymer3) Varkonyi

I have always loved HSP and watched it nonstop, but I then discovered 24 and haven't been able to catch up on the new episodesI acutally like watching cash-game experienced, new players for example: Townsend, Jdags, Alaei, etc. I don't like the tournment players like Ramdin, Gold etc

I have always loved HSP and watched it nonstop, but I then discovered 24 and haven't been able to catch up on the new episodesI acutally like watching cash-game experienced, new players for example: Townsend, Jdags, Alaei, etc. I don't like the tournment players like Ramdin, Gold etc
HSP, even if perceived by some as sucking at times, STILL = best poker on TV bar none. :club:
Dont want to start a new thread so thought id resurrect this one but ive been watching this season and can anyone explain the straddle to me?
It's when UTG raises blind before the cards are dealt. Then when action comes back around, they act last, basically buying the BB.
I am not looking forward to Ferguson, he isnt a cash game player at all, he admitted it himself. I dont think Chip would ever play on this show because he is THE BEST cash game player, why would he want all the people he plays againest seeing his style and moves?
I don't believe Chip would be the best NLHE cash game player. Actually, I would like to hear Daniel's input as to what he thinks Chip's NL game is like.The reason they are showing the first shows last, and the last shows first, is because either:a) The first shows are super boring and they want to keep people interested by showing the "exciting" shows firstB) They are keeping the best for last, and the episodes with all the top players were the best shows in the producers eyesc) Maybe people want to see Gold as soon as possible (or somthing like that (possibly with some other player))Just my opinion.And to all the people thinking the show is boring. Wtf? Are these the same people criticising the WPT final table for its craps shoot structure?? Coz if all you want to see is AAvKK pre flop watch the WPT final table (or HSP season 1 :club: )
QUOTE(Big Jono @ Friday, March 9th, 2007, 9:22 AM) Dont want to start a new thread so thought id resurrect this one but ive been watching this season and can anyone explain the straddle to me?It's when UTG raises blind before the cards are dealt. Then when action comes back around, they act last, basically buying the BB.
Cool, thanks.

Speaking of straddles, did you see when Eli wanted to pay Jenn $2k to put on a $2400 double straddle. Then there was talk of another straddle after that!Imagine that, a 300-600-1200-2400-4800 game!! All of a sudden the $100k buy ins are the equivalent of the buy in of a hit n run artist online.

Speaking of straddles, did you see when Eli wanted to pay Jenn $2k to put on a $2400 double straddle. Then there was talk of another straddle after that!Imagine that, a 300-600-1200-2400-4800 game!! All of a sudden the $100k buy ins are the equivalent of the buy in of a hit n run artist online.
i loved that
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...