The Fcp Micro Brewery Barrage

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sublime will you become my mentor, man u kill these micro tournies.pls pls pls
I'm not mentor material, but if you want to know what works for me in these, I'd be happy to tell you after.Read tourney strat too.Study HoH.Oh, and play play play. I learned when I was off my feet and I played over 8-10 hours a day for about 5 months.
Mid July. The 9th I think.
That sounds excessive and annoying as hell.Email stars support with an apology and a promise not to get out of line again. doooo eeeet!
I'm not mentor material, but if you want to know what works for me in these, I'd be happy to tell you after.Read tourney strat too.Study HoH.Oh, and play play play. I learned when I was off my feet and I played over 8-10 hours a day for about 5 months.
HoH1 and 2 just finishedreading more strat latelyactually making a concentrated effort to start with a set bankroll and build just playing mtts and sngs lately, looking to have some of ur successwhen are u planning to move up to the 10r?
HoH1 and 2 just finishedreading more strat latelyactually making a concentrated effort to start with a set bankroll and build just playing mtts and sngs lately, looking to have some of ur successwhen are u planning to move up to the 10r?
I play them now, just not a lot.I do play the $11r turbo satellites to the Million though. I think I'm addicted.
actually making a concentrated effort to start with a set bankroll and build just playing mtts and sngs lately, looking to have some of ur success
This is the best thing to do imo.I started from freerolls with the mindset that, if I can make it through a large field, then protect that money and not lose it, then I deserve to play.Then I grinded out about 700 $1.20 45 man sng's, to build. I donked some off and went broke once after having built up, but learned my lesson quickly.I think that was the biggest reason I got to here. Just moving up as my skill dictated through the money I was making.OK, I gotta concentrate hard now.Time for some Miguel Migs to listen to.

what are ur br recommendations for 3r? im playing with 50buins right now just to force myself to build slowlywas willing to take a shot tonight but it was like 3X what i should have been playing

I play them now, just not a lot.I do play the $11r turbo satellites to the Million though. I think I'm addicted.
I think this is one of the worst values on the site. $21-41 dollars to win $215 is a bad deal, especially in a turbo format.You'd be much better off playing the $11 turbo double shootouts than the $11r. IMHO
what are ur br recommendations for 3r? im playing with 50buins right now just to force myself to build slowlywas willing to take a shot tonight but it was like 3X what i should have been playing
I played my first one less than two weeks ago with less than $100 in my account.I think it was just the right time, and I felt confident enough after playing the first couple, and cashing, that I was going to keep playing them and doing well even if I wasn't properly rolled for it.I just felt my experience was finally there, and that I could just, do it. Depending on your experience though, I think you want 60 buy ins? I think that is it. You can definitely find it somewhere.But if you want more experience, grind out some of those $1.20 45 mans. Try a couple $5.50 45 mans.I definitely suggest taking that step outside your comfort level here and there, because I think it makes you play better.For instance, I've cashed in 3/4 of the $11r's, but only 1/4 in the $5r's. I think it is simply because I am uber focused in the $11r's, because it is/was, a little out of my roll.
I think this is one of the worst values on the site. $21-41 dollars to win $215 is a bad deal, especially in a turbo format.You'd be much better off playing the $11 turbo double shootouts than the $11r. IMHO
I'll try 'em, I never have. I just seem to do well in the turbos. I am all about preflop hand ranges, so I think that helps a lot in those. I usually just try to win 3 or 4 pots, and its good. And there are only about 80 people in them for 14 seats or so.I'll look at the DS's though for sure.

Standard.PokerStars Game #8779215955: Tournament #44300645, $3.00+$0.30 Hold'em No Limit - Level XXII (20000/40000) - 2007/03/07 - 01:59:14 (ET)Table '44300645 85' 9-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 1: FishsticksBC (839146 in chips) Seat 3: thewh00sel (421217 in chips) Seat 4: ALfromNY (864084 in chips) Seat 6: haitang (2962203 in chips) Seat 7: DoinSublime (1150153 in chips) Seat 8: xFISHSLAYERx (469465 in chips) Seat 9: UVa330 (1215270 in chips) FishsticksBC: posts the ante 2000thewh00sel: posts the ante 2000ALfromNY: posts the ante 2000haitang: posts the ante 2000DoinSublime: posts the ante 2000xFISHSLAYERx: posts the ante 2000UVa330: posts the ante 2000haitang: posts small blind 20000DoinSublime: posts big blind 40000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to DoinSublime [9c 2s]xFISHSLAYERx: folds UVa330: folds FishsticksBC: folds thewh00sel: folds ALfromNY: folds haitang: calls 20000DoinSublime: checks *** FLOP *** [2h 7d 9d]haitang: bets 80000DoinSublime: raises 240000 to 320000haitang: raises 240000 to 560000DoinSublime: raises 548153 to 1108153 and is all-inhaitang: calls 548153*** TURN *** [2h 7d 9d] [4d]*** RIVER *** [2h 7d 9d 4d] [8h]*** SHOW DOWN ***haitang: shows [8d 9s] (two pair, Nines and Eights)DoinSublime: shows [9c 2s] (two pair, Nines and Deuces)FishsticksBC said, "wtf"haitang collected 2310306 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 2310306 | Rake 0 Board [2h 7d 9d 4d 8h]Seat 1: FishsticksBC folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: thewh00sel folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: ALfromNY (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: haitang (small blind) showed [8d 9s] and won (2310306) with two pair, Nines and EightsSeat 7: DoinSublime (big blind) showed [9c 2s] and lost with two pair, Nines and DeucesSeat 8: xFISHSLAYERx folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: UVa330 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Thanks for railing guys, I really appreciate it.Tough beat, it was either going to be that or the runner runner flush, haha.But....I'm getting used to them, this isn't even shaking me right now, so I guess that is a good sign.Cheers.Back at it tomorrow.

o **** that was you Sublime.I didnt even know this thread was going. I was MrPristine in the 3R we played at the same table for a while. i had the standard kk<a3 in a 400k pot preflop. gg every1

o **** that was you Sublime.I didnt even know this thread was going. I was MrPristine in the 3R we played at the same table for a while. i had the standard kk<a3 in a 400k pot preflop. gg every1
Ya man, good game. I don't think we got into any pots together. Tough beat for you too. It's tough to get through the maniacal loose calls at the end. I'll see you in the future I'm sure! That just left me with a taste of vengeance to win one of these now. Now I'm fucking determined dammit. Same time tomorrow guys.
Ya man, good game. I don't think we got into any pots together. Tough beat for you too. It's tough to get through the maniacal loose calls at the end. I'll see you in the future I'm sure! That just left me with a taste of vengeance to win one of these now. Now I'm fucking determined dammit. Same time tomorrow guys.
That is/was my goal for 2007..To finish top 5ish in the 3r..Hopefully we can make it happen tomorrow