Let's Be Sensible Please

Expletive- I think the only one I used was in reference to a cartoon, as in ****ing cartoon. And, I think this way because I have what is called uncommon sense, in that it's not very common anymore. If you learn one thing about me in this paragraph, learn this: I don't believe we have control over everything, and when you think about it, real control is an illusion- we have none. The Earth will do as it does, as we have evidence from past years it will do- there is no stopping it. If it wants to blow 1OO MPH 80 degree winds, it will- as it always does. Somewhere, today, it is the hottest day on record- and, somewhere, it is the coldest. The fact that we can observe it means squat, except that we can observe it. I am sure early man, when it started to get cold, went, "Man, it is cold. How can we stop this?" They probably prayed to a God or idol or whatever, but mostly they probably just tried to stay warm, skins and fire and so on- probably tried to keep the kids warm, and inevitably the cold took them, and there was not a damn thing they could do about it. That's life- I am sure anyone that lives near a volcano wishes they could stop volcanoes, but they realize they cannot. So, the earth may be getting warmer. O.k.- that's better than colder. Of course, no one mentions that. Less cold equals longer time to grow, which means less hunger. No one mentions that. Heat is manageable- did you know that cold kills more people on a yearly basis? As a whole, humans adapt to heat better. Spend a day in Arizona and a day in Iceland, out in the open, and you will see what I am talking about. So, if anything, if we are effecting the Earth, it sure is doing it's best to keep us around. So, we lose some land, because oceans rise, and some people as well. Ok. That's fine- we cannot save everybody, people die all the time, and there is nothing we can do about it. That's life. Meanwhile, to save them Mr. Gore wants to put the hammer down on improving conditions, lifestyle in Africa, because the Earth couldn't handle it if they were to improve upon there life. We sure have come a long way from USA for Africa, haven't we? What happened to that? Now, Africa is the sacrifice so we can..what? Improve life? No. Save some Polar bears and Walrus and shit.... when did that become a priority over humans? Species die off all of the time, and are replaced by new ones all of the time, why do we get so attached? There are so many other angles to this then just, "It's getting hot in here" that it blows my mind that people just blindly follow whatever is on the big screen like it's gospel. It's sad that education has hit such a low point that smart people, like yourself, don't look at this movie and just have a good laugh- that's what comedy is supposed to do!! You are supposed to laugh, as I did many times, but instead you took it seriously? Then, so did the good people who hand out the Nobel Peace prize? What? Really? But... there are outright lies in there. Why not just give a random hobo NFL MVP- But, he doesn't play for the NFL. He talks to himself and smells like feet. No mind, he exemplifies what we look for in an NFL player. Much like that scenario we have completely lost our collective minds when the status quo becomes don't question, and if you do question never mind the answers, and if the answers don't make sense don't question the answers, just follow the herd like a good boy. Not me, not ever. I see through the bullshit.
holy shit you are a real life dumbass. Your are alot stupider than I thought.The bolded part above is the stupidest thing I have read in a long effin time. "So, the earth may be getting warmer. O.k.- that's better than colder. Of course, no one mentions that. Less cold equals longer time to grow, which means less hunger. No one mentions that." umm no you idiot. Warmer means more droughts which means less food to grow. Warmer means the ice caps will melt at a faster rate, thats a big deal for the gulf stream and ecosystems across the globe."Heat is manageable- did you know that cold kills more people on a yearly basis? As a whole, humans adapt to heat better." heat is less manageable than cold IMO. You can always put on warmer clothes but when its hot out you can only take off so much. Did you hear of the heat wave that hit France a couple years back, killed 10 000 people."Spend a day in Arizona and a day in Iceland, out in the open, and you will see what I am talking about. So, if anything, if we are effecting the Earth, it sure is doing it's best to keep us around."I think if I spent a day in Iceland I would not only survive, but I would have less chances or running into a dumbass like you. iceland is way ahead of the game in terms of clean energy, read up on some of their technologies and you might learn something useful for a change."Much like that scenario we have completely lost our collective minds when the status quo becomes don't question, and if you do question never mind the answers, and if the answers don't make sense don't question the answers, just follow the herd like a good boy. Not me, not ever. I see through the bullshit."you confused yourself here eh. good lost in the shit storm you started. its ok, it must be hard to be you.you're the one following the wrong heard brother. Do you have an international panel of scientists that disagree on global warming, is it general global consensus that global warming is made up? no! just in america baby, yeehaw! We're going to listen to science, you listen to what congress fells like telling you. There are a bunch more stupid remarks in your post that are gold and deserve major e-val for stupidness but I think I'll save it for a rainy day.So, we lose some land, because oceans rise, and some people as well. Ok. That's fine- we cannot save everybody, people die all the time, and there is nothing we can do about it.that's a good one too. is that what you were saying durring Katrina too dipshit. oh well shit happens, let them die.
  • Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expletive- I think the only one I used was in reference to a cartoon, as in ****ing cartoon. And, I think this way because I have what is called uncommon sense, in that it's not very common anymore. If you learn one thing about me in this paragraph, learn this: I don't believe ....
oh wow. i actually thought u might have had something intelligent to say..instead it's the same old 'common sense', which means, 'i have no formal education on the subject whatsoever, yet i know exactly what's going on'.and the classic, 'i don't believe...'
So, the earth may be getting warmer. O.k.- that's better than colder. Of course, no one mentions that. Less cold equals longer time to grow, which means less hunger. No one mentions that. Heat is manageable- did you know that cold kills more people on a yearly basis? As a whole, humans adapt to heat better.
man, u really are funny. another one of your 'i believe's..well, here are the facts:http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/269964Just a few excerpts for u:<<Four of the five major extinctions over 520 million years of Earth history have been linked to warmer tropical seas, something that indicates a warmer world overall...>><<"We found that over the fossil record as a whole, the higher the temperatures have been, the higher the extinctions have been,'' said University of York ecologist Peter Mayhew, the co-author of the peer-reviewed research published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society B, a British journal.>>
So, we lose some land, because oceans rise, and some people as well. Ok. That's fine- we cannot save everybody, people die all the time, and there is nothing we can do about it. That's life. Meanwhile, to save them Mr. Gore...
ahh, the truth; u don't like gore, so that means he must be lying, or is being immoral, or he's saying the sky's falling, etc..
wants to put the hammer down on improving conditions, lifestyle in Africa, because the Earth couldn't handle it if they were to improve upon there life. We sure have come a long way from USA for Africa, haven't we? What happened to that? Now, Africa is the sacrifice so we can..what? Improve life? No. Save some Polar bears and Walrus and shit....why do we get so attached?
soooo funny...
...it blows my mind that people just blindly follow whatever is on the big screen like it's gospel. It's sad that education has hit such a low point that smart people, like yourself, don't look at this movie and just have a good laugh- that's what comedy is supposed to do!! ...but instead you took it seriously? Then, so did the good people who hand out the Nobel Peace prize? What? Really? ...Why not just give a random hobo NFL MVP...
yep buddy, the science for all this came from the 'big screen'...and the 'good people' that hand out the nobel peace prize got fooled? too funny!
Much like that scenario we have completely lost our collective minds when the status quo becomes don't question, and if you do question never mind the answers, and if the answers don't make sense don't question the answers, just follow the herd like a good boy. Not me, not ever. I see through the bullshit.
i think i've wasted enough time on u. afterall, u know more than the experts based on your extremely educated gut feeling...and u try to sound like someone who can't ever be fooled, and end it with more swearing, that's the best part! lol
holy shit you are a real life dumbass. Your are alot stupider than I thought.The bolded part above is the stupidest thing I have read in a long effin time. "So, the earth may be getting warmer. O.k.- that's better than colder. Of course, no one mentions that. Less cold equals longer time to grow, which means less hunger. No one mentions that." umm no you idiot. Warmer means more droughts which means less food to grow. Warmer means the ice caps will melt at a faster rate, thats a big deal for the gulf stream and ecosystems across the globe."Heat is manageable- did you know that cold kills more people on a yearly basis? As a whole, humans adapt to heat better." heat is less manageable than cold IMO. You can always put on warmer clothes but when its hot out you can only take off so much. Did you hear of the heat wave that hit France a couple years back, killed 10 000 people."Spend a day in Arizona and a day in Iceland, out in the open, and you will see what I am talking about. So, if anything, if we are effecting the Earth, it sure is doing it's best to keep us around."I think if I spent a day in Iceland I would not only survive, but I would have less chances or running into a dumbass like you. iceland is way ahead of the game in terms of clean energy, read up on some of their technologies and you might learn something useful for a change."Much like that scenario we have completely lost our collective minds when the status quo becomes don't question, and if you do question never mind the answers, and if the answers don't make sense don't question the answers, just follow the herd like a good boy. Not me, not ever. I see through the bullshit."you confused yourself here eh. good lost in the shit storm you started. its ok, it must be hard to be you.you're the one following the wrong heard brother. Do you have an international panel of scientists that disagree on global warming, is it general global consensus that global warming is made up? no! just in america baby, yeehaw! We're going to listen to science, you listen to what congress fells like telling you. There are a bunch more stupid remarks in your post that are gold and deserve major e-val for stupidness but I think I'll save it for a rainy day.So, we lose some land, because oceans rise, and some people as well. Ok. That's fine- we cannot save everybody, people die all the time, and there is nothing we can do about it.that's a good one too. is that what you were saying durring Katrina too dipshit. oh well shit happens, let them die.
There is so much wrong in those gems it's literally a sign of the times. It's hot in the desert- yet, they put on more clothes, they don't take them off. Read up on how to manage living in a hot environment. Katrina? People were warned. People didn't leave. It's a little more complicated than that, but basically that is what happened. We could have quite the discussion about the economic waste of time that is Louisana. You want billions upon billions of dollars in funding for a real system to stave off disaster, build a real economy. Make money. Be productive- but, we sell margaritas and give out beads. O.k. Funding not granted. So, disaster strikes- look at this, developers want to buy your land. Nope... you are not offering me enough money Mr. Developer man. It's worth more to me. Cool beans, we will buy from someone else. Have fun not moving on. Obviously, it is a bit more complicated, but the people of that region have no one to blame but themselves. Really, though, it's just another circle of life type thing, sometimes to prod real change and real growth, disaster needs to occur. One that stuck out from All in was his data about extinctions over the last 520 Million years being from heat. O.k.- I bet they wish they had the advancements that we have now that allow us to adapt and cope to heat much better. I bet they wished they were that advanced. Maybe....maybe...while reading the data a little rational thought would help.
There is so much wrong in those gems it's literally a sign of the times. It's hot in the desert- yet, they put on more clothes, they don't take them off. Read up on how to manage living in a hot environment. Katrina? People were warned. People didn't leave. It's a little more complicated than that, but basically that is what happened. We could have quite the discussion about the economic waste of time that is Louisana. You want billions upon billions of dollars in funding for a real system to stave off disaster, build a real economy. Make money. Be productive- but, we sell margaritas and give out beads. O.k. Funding not granted. So, disaster strikes- look at this, developers want to buy your land. Nope... you are not offering me enough money Mr. Developer man. It's worth more to me. Cool beans, we will buy from someone else. Have fun not moving on. Obviously, it is a bit more complicated, but the people of that region have no one to blame but themselves. Really, though, it's just another circle of life type thing, sometimes to prod real change and real growth, disaster needs to occur. One that stuck out from All in was his data about extinctions over the last 520 Million years being from heat. O.k.- I bet they wish they had the advancements that we have now that allow us to adapt and cope to heat much better. I bet they wished they were that advanced. Maybe....maybe...while reading the data a little rational thought would help.
the people have nobody to blame but themselves for a hurricane coming along and destroying the whole city. are you kidding me?

Wow, leave for 6 months, come back to same old arguements on same old threads. On this subject I am sure I could leave for 600 months and come back and it would still be the same. That includes the earth and everything that pertains to this nonsense. Cept, by that time some will have built an altar where they can worship Al Gore at some frozen wasteland commune and will be proclaiming he saved the world.

the people have nobody to blame but themselves for a hurricane coming along and destroying the whole city. are you kidding me?
Ummm scuze me lil' buckaroo, the hurricane didn't destroy the entire city. The man made levee system broke, and then the city flooded. A tropical storm could have dumped enough rain on New Orleans to have caused the same result. The hurricane destroyed southern Mississippi. Those people got focused on less because the political BS in New Orleans and the state of Louisiana was a better news story. The truth is, New Orleans was going to flood eventually anyway and will again. Little has been done to fix the problems they have with their levee and drainage system. The New Orleans fiasco had nothing at all to do with global warming. Here in Houston more and more homes are getting flooded on a yearly basis. Not because of climate changes or changes in weather patterns, but because of more and more construction has overloaded our drainage systems. There is no where for the water to go and the idiot politicians (though they are taxing us to death) have spent the funds to fix the problem elsewhere or just given it away on BS contracts and bonuses. It's so easy to blame a fiasco like New Orleans on global warming. That lets the politicians off the hook and creates a diversion of attention. It also gives them an out when it floods again.
No, for not.... Leaving when they should have. Making leadership responsible for the procurement of funds to build a better system to protect the city. Working to make the area economically viable so it makes sense for those funds to be granted. I could do this for hours. The hurricane just revealed the problem, which was much of the population was so broke that they relied solely on the government to provide even something as simple as a ride away from danger. Change is necessary- even now some of the citizens that lived in that area don't want change. They want the complacency that dominated before. It cannot be.
No, for not.... Leaving when they should have. Making leadership responsible for the procurement of funds to build a better system to protect the city. Working to make the area economically viable so it makes sense for those funds to be granted. I could do this for hours. The hurricane just revealed the problem, which was much of the population was so broke that they relied solely on the government to provide even something as simple as a ride away from danger. Change is necessary- even now some of the citizens that lived in that area don't want change. They want the complacency that dominated before. It cannot be.
The earth is going through natural changes constantly,this is obviously true. Nevertheless, man inhabits this world/earth and due the extent and nature of our involvement with the environment, we must influence these changes in some way. Other creatures have an passive relationship with the environment, ours is far from that.ultimately man is unable to prevent a planet dying, or a billion years from now becoming a star. But we have a certain responsibility for attempting to prolong the habitability for future generations, by doing all we can to influence the quality of the environment now.
The earth is going through natural changes constantly,this is obviously true. Nevertheless, man inhabits this world/earth and due the extent and nature of our involvement with the environment, we must influence these changes in some way. Other creatures have an passive relationship with the environment, ours is far from that.ultimately man is unable to prevent a planet dying, or a billion years from now becoming a star. But we have a certain responsibility for attempting to prolong the habitability for future generations, by doing all we can to influence the quality of the environment now.
yes.this is a very simple picture of a sustanable way of life that every self respecting human should be aware of. We have an effect on the environment. We should minimize this efect as to not disrupt the natural course of nature, or at least, try to affect it as little as possible.it is selfish to act without considering the consequences.
it is selfish to act without considering the consequences.
Could not agree more. Have you really considered ALL of the consequences of trying to reduce man's carbon footprint? If so, I would love to see that model. I would really be interested in the impact on the Canadian econonomy part of the model when the use of all fossil fuels is terminated. That will be great for Alberta, won't it? Think the rest of Canada is still going to want to subsidize you folks in Quebec when we are all out on the street selling pencils?p.s I would be curious to see how many of you environmentalists are walking the walk e.g. taking a bus to work or for travel, don't own a vehicle, energy efficient bulbs, wind generators. You guy's aren't emulating Mr. Gore, with his grand ideas and glutonous electricity use and private jets, are ya? I mean really, Charity starts at home (so does saving the world). Are you doing your part?????
Could not agree more. Have you really considered ALL of the consequences of trying to reduce man's carbon footprint? If so, I would love to see that model. I would really be interested in the impact on the Canadian econonomy part of the model when the use of all fossil fuels is terminated. That will be great for Alberta, won't it? Think the rest of Canada is still going to want to subsidize you folks in Quebec when we are all out on the street selling pencils?p.s I would be curious to see how many of you environmentalists are walking the walk e.g. taking a bus to work or for travel, don't own a vehicle, energy efficient bulbs, wind generators. You guy's aren't emulating Mr. Gore, with his grand ideas and glutonous electricity use and private jets, are ya? I mean really, Charity starts at home (so does saving the world). Are you doing your part?????
same old thing again. i don't think anyone said anything about terminating the use of all fossil fuels. stop trying to make it sound like 'environmentalists' want this, or that they all need to do EVERYTHING absolutely possible to reduce their footprint. it's all about doing what u reasonably can, and always trying to do more when possible.but most of all, u people should really stop trying to make this a Gore issue.it weakens your argument and exposes your real motives.
but most of all, u people should really stop trying to make this a Gore issue.it weakens your argument and exposes your real motives.
Sorry - can't follow that logic. It was Gore wasn't it, who caused this whole global warming shitestorm to blow out of control with his Nobel prize winning movie, wasn't it? What were his real motives? Failed Presidential campaign to pay for? Drumming support for another run later on? Sure as hell was not to chronicle what HE was doing to reduce the problem.It's kinda like some leading weight loss guru regularly has lyposuction and stomach stapling to keep up appearances. It's also called sucking and blowing.On an unrelated note, that avatar of the little gal with the huge bazooms is the 2nd Greatest Avatar of all time on FCP. She should be merged with the gal from the top Avatar of all time.....

My thoughts on some comments from the last page or soThe Earth will survive.Of course the Earth will survive. That's not the issue, the issue is how severe will the impact be on the our civilisation. Climate change mediation isn't about polar bears (although baby polar bears are cute they do grow up into godless killing machines) it is about the impacts on people be that flooding, drought, altered agricultural patterns or whatever. Some effects will be beneficial some will not and determining what will happen is a complicated science/social science question as is the question of what can be done. Which is why the IPCC has three working groups: WG1 covers the purely scientific aspects of observing and modelling climate change; WG2 looks at all of the aspects of how climate change will affect us; WG3 looks at mitigation scenarios.We can't stop the Earth from doing what it does naturally.Yes there is natural variability but the whole point is that humanity does have a significant impact on the global environment. There will be some changes (that we caused) that we can't do anything about and some we can slowly influence. Business as usual will lead to ever greater changes and overall those changes are going to have negative impact on global quality of life.Al GoreI've said it before. AL GORE IS IRRELEVANT. He may have done a lot to raise awareness of the issue but he has absolutely nothing to do with the question of whether or not climate change is real or if its impacts are important. His is relevant to the issues around public awareness and willingness to take action but 100% irrelevant to the factual issues of how/why the climate is changing and what that will mean. The climate funding conspiracy theory.Conspiracy theories are by their nature impossible to disprove, I won't even try.Hurricane KatrinaLet me get this straight...Scientists: A hurricane is coming we suggest you evacuate New OrleansGovernment: OK. (turns to The People) Please evacuate New Orleans we have solid scientific evidence that a hurricane is approaching and will have severe effects.The People: No. We know better than those scientists, they're just trying to scare up more money for their fancy computers. Heck the weather forecast is always wrong.Hurricane: Wind, Rain, Failing LeveesLois: The people should have done something when they were warned.Scientists: Human emissions of greenhouse gases are having a significant impact on the global climate system which will result in assorted long-lasting, detrimental effects on humanity.Lois: No. I know better than those scientists, they're just trying to scare up more money for their fancy computers. Heck the weather forecast is always wrong.

My thoughts on some comments from the last page or soThe Earth will survive.Of course the Earth will survive. That's not the issue, the issue is how severe will the impact be on the our civilisation. Climate change mediation isn't about polar bears (although baby polar bears are cute they do grow up into godless killing machines) it is about the impacts on people be that flooding, drought, altered agricultural patterns or whatever. Some effects will be beneficial some will not and determining what will happen is a complicated science/social science question as is the question of what can be done. Which is why the IPCC has three working groups: WG1 covers the purely scientific aspects of observing and modelling climate change; WG2 looks at all of the aspects of how climate change will affect us; WG3 looks at mitigation scenarios.We can't stop the Earth from doing what it does naturally.Yes there is natural variability but the whole point is that humanity does have a significant impact on the global environment. There will be some changes (that we caused) that we can't do anything about and some we can slowly influence. Business as usual will lead to ever greater changes and overall those changes are going to have negative impact on global quality of life.Al GoreI've said it before. AL GORE IS IRRELEVANT. He may have done a lot to raise awareness of the issue but he has absolutely nothing to do with the question of whether or not climate change is real or if its impacts are important. His is relevant to the issues around public awareness and willingness to take action but 100% irrelevant to the factual issues of how/why the climate is changing and what that will mean. The climate funding conspiracy theory.Conspiracy theories are by their nature impossible to disprove, I won't even try.Hurricane KatrinaLet me get this straight...Scientists: A hurricane is coming we suggest you evacuate New OrleansGovernment: OK. (turns to The People) Please evacuate New Orleans we have solid scientific evidence that a hurricane is approaching and will have severe effects.The People: No. We know better than those scientists, they're just trying to scare up more money for their fancy computers. Heck the weather forecast is always wrong.Hurricane: Wind, Rain, Failing LeveesLois: The people should have done something when they were warned.Scientists: Human emissions of greenhouse gases are having a significant impact on the global climate system which will result in assorted long-lasting, detrimental effects on humanity.Lois: No. I know better than those scientists, they're just trying to scare up more money for their fancy computers. Heck the weather forecast is always wrong.
Typical. I distinctly remember speaking about things that should have been done long before anyone was warned about Katrina. Too many SCIENTISTS say that we don't know enough-too many SCIENTISTS say that what we do know isn't good enough to make any kind of prediction. It's not like I am calling up Waffle House waitresses and getting opinions. Then, when these SCIENTISTS state opinions, these highly qualified SCIENTISTS get bashed unmercilessly by there former colleagues and called all sorts of stupid, even when it is obvious that the person a.k.a. SCIENTIST is pretty damn qualified. Right about then is when it becomes agenda driven, money driven, and highly politicized, tantamount to little more than religion. Right about then is when I decide that I am just not going to buy into the hype.
same old thing again. i don't think anyone said anything about terminating the use of all fossil fuels. stop trying to make it sound like 'environmentalists' want this, or that they all need to do EVERYTHING absolutely possible to reduce their footprint. it's all about doing what u reasonably can, and always trying to do more when possible.but most of all, u people should really stop trying to make this a Gore issue.it weakens your argument and exposes your real motives.
Yeah, ignore the guy who won a Nobel Peace prize for your cause because paying attention to him most definitely weakens your argument. I couldn't agree more.
A minority of SCIENTISTS say that we don't know enough- A minority of SCIENTISTS say that what we do know isn't good enough to make any kind of prediction. Then, when this minority of SCIENTISTS state opinions, these highly qualified SCIENTISTS get peer reviewed and questioned as to why they are ignoring blatant facts. It then becomes obvious that the person a.k.a. SCIENTIST is pretty damn well paid by fossil fuel companies.Right about then is when it becomes agenda driven, money driven, and highly politicized, tantamount to little more than religion. Right about then is when I jump on the band wagon.
FYPYou do realise the best way for a scientist to make money or gain noteriety on this issue (or any other for that matter) is to go against what is accepted
FYPYou do realise the best way for a scientist to make money or gain noteriety on this issue (or any other for that matter) is to go against what is accepted
Missed me? :club: I doubt that there is oodles of money coming in to go against the grain on this one.
Actually it's basic supply and demand.DUCY?
Yep- because if the majority is vying for X amount of dollars, and the minority is vying for X amount of dollars, and the majority significantly outways the minority, so it would be easier for the minority to get funding. I get that- the problem is, it doesn't make the minority any less educated or credible, considering they have the same degrees as the majority, not to mention there is all that nasty business of having to deal with alienation and ridicule from your peers. I have more respect for the person that puts himself out there for ridicule, much like myself.

louis - i don't even have to respond to your posts anymore, and i won't. your incomprehensible and illogical replies are all the evidence anyone needs.i think i hear your recess bell.

Sorry - can't follow that logic. It was Gore wasn't it, who caused this whole global warming shitestorm to blow out of control with his Nobel prize winning movie, wasn't it? What were his real motives? Failed Presidential campaign to pay for? Drumming support for another run later on? Sure as hell was not to chronicle what HE was doing to reduce the problem.It's kinda like some leading weight loss guru regularly has lyposuction and stomach stapling to keep up appearances. It's also called sucking and blowing.On an unrelated note, that avatar of the little gal with the huge bazooms is the 2nd Greatest Avatar of all time on FCP. She should be merged with the gal from the top Avatar of all time.....
no, gore wasn't the one who made this issue 'blow out of control'. scientists have been talking about this for a long, long time. and your 'answers' to his motives are not even remotely close to the truth.people who use sound-bite phrases like 'sucking and blowing' really need to expand their minds. u sound like bush, or fox news.btw, any avatar with 'bazooms' is fine with me!
people who use sound-bite phrases like 'sucking and blowing' really need to expand their minds. u sound like bush, or fox news.
Ok, I will translate that phrase to show my mind expansion. It means wanting things both ways, which is impossible. See the link? AG wants to live the best of the anti-AG life while having the rest of us ride our bikes and live in solar panelled homes. Nice.
Typical. I distinctly remember speaking about things that should have been done long before anyone was warned about Katrina. Too many SCIENTISTS say that we don't know enough-too many SCIENTISTS say that what we do know isn't good enough to make any kind of prediction. It's not like I am calling up Waffle House waitresses and getting opinions. Then, when these SCIENTISTS state opinions, these highly qualified SCIENTISTS get bashed unmercilessly by there former colleagues and called all sorts of stupid, even when it is obvious that the person a.k.a. SCIENTIST is pretty damn qualified. Right about then is when it becomes agenda driven, money driven, and highly politicized, tantamount to little more than religion. Right about then is when I decide that I am just not going to buy into the hype.
If you spoke out about the dangers of insufficient flood defenses for New Orleans before the fact, good on you. However, the analogy holds, people were warned and chose to ignore the warnings for whatever reason, pretty much the same reasons that people pick to ignore warnings about climate change.Not every single scientist agrees with A. Questions x,y,z haven't been answered. The scientists saying A are alarmists or self-serving and must be motivated by monetary or political agendas. Science isn't always right anyway. Nature has always done stuff before and the planet is still here so everything will be fine in the future. This is just the government trying to run our lives and we won't let them. etc.Many are the same arguments trotted out by ID-ers, YECs, hollow/flat earthers, perpetual motion designers, psychics, UFOlogists, what-have-you. Either you can pay attention to the overwhelming scientific consensus (and the scientific consensus is clear; by the way please define "too many") that there is a developing problem or you can stick your head in the sand.
Ok, I will translate that phrase to show my mind expansion. It means wanting things both ways, which is impossible. See the link? AG wants to live the best of the anti-AG life while having the rest of us ride our bikes and live in solar panelled homes. Nice.
LOL.u guys can't stop equating global warming w/ gore, haha.