Ethical Staking Question

I am staked in the $1k Wynn Classic tournament for this Thursday. The deal is standard. Prize money 50/50 less the buyin. Now I was just approached by another friend wanting a piece of me in that came tournament. I'd like some feedback as to whether or not people here think it is ok or not ok to sell off some of my 50% of the deal?

Just make sure you are clear to your friend that his % is based on 50% after $1000+fee buyin, if I read that right.Example: If you give your friend 5% and you cash $2060 (because I believe the buyin is $1060), then you owe your friend $1560 ($1060 + 50% of profit) and your new friend gets his percentage of what you have left. At least thats how I do it. Otherwise, lets say you give your friend 5%, then he might expect 5% of $2060 or $103. My way (and I believe the correct way), you would instead be giving him $25. Just make it clear and everything should be fine. Theres definitely no "ethical" issues..

Just make sure you are clear to your friend that his % is based on 50% after $1000+fee buyin, if I read that right.Example: If you give your friend 5% and you cash $2060 (because I believe the buyin is $1060), then you owe your friend $1560 ($1060 + 50% of profit) and your new friend gets his percentage of what you have left. At least thats how I do it. Otherwise, lets say you give your friend 5%, then he might expect 5% of $2060 or $103. My way (and I believe the correct way), you would instead be giving him $25. Just make it clear and everything should be fine. Theres definitely no "ethical" issues..
I agree with delphi.You need to be absolutely clear with your friend what his "cut" would be.Other than that, like the others said, you can do what you want with your 50%

You should tell the original staker anyways, the point is to keep people happy and confident for future deals.somedude and qyayqi address a major issue below.As for another situation where I seek two party straightforward transactions:My staker gets slightly taken aback when I tell him I'm always looking for people to stake me 10K(he usually hides it, I am blessed to know people much richer than me), which puzzles me a bit.We are best friends, so does that mean my big opportunites can only come through him?Am I an indentured worker?Is he wasting his money 'if and when I hit it big, will I stop these arrangements'?I know you probably think along the lines I do ... I'm an independent operator... lolIf you know of any threads that address this pickle, please share it.

you can do whatever you want with your 50 percent unless you had a previous agreement with the original staker.
It's not ethical to do that in my opinion. You can't just "do whatever you want" with your 50%. Would you back someone who wasn't playing for any of the profit? You have zero percent of yourself. Is your motivation the same? Probably not.

i'd be a little miffed if i staked someone the buy-in & they proceeded to make money off their 50% before ever playing a hand. the more they sold, the less they'd be motivated to play their A game.

I have been very clear with the second staking party who is a close friend of mine. I sold him 5% of the total I make in the tournament less the buyin for a total of $100. I still have plenty of motivation to play, and I'm not selling anymore. thanks for all your responses....