I had been opening a fair amount of pots, about 1-2 every orbit, raising each to 2 dollars..No real read on villainWhat your turn play?Stage #587574098: Holdem No Limit $0.50 - 2007-02-26 21:01:27 (ET)Table: RANDOLPH DR (Real Money) Seat #3 is the dealerButton ($104.90 in chips)SB- ($20.05 in chips)BB- ($97.40 in chips)UTG ($47.70 in chips)Hero ($42.40 in chips)MP 2($91.40 in chips)- Posts small blind $0.25 Posts big blind $0.50*** POCKET CARDS ***Dealt to ITSKINGXBABY [Jh Qd] UTG FoldsHero: Raises $2 to $21 FoldButton Calls $22 folds*** FLOP *** [9d Qs Js]Hero Bets $3Button Calls $3*** TURN *** [9d Qs Js] [10c]Hero? In the hand I checked, he bet 5 bucks and I calledRiver:3 of heartsI checked again..Mistake? He shoved...This was a pretty tough hand..What do you do differently?

meh, you don't have a lot invested and his river bet smells of a busted flush draw, but could also have QK, JK, K10... too many hands beat you here.I don't mind the way you played it, but I probably lead the turn and fold if he raises. I don't know if there's an optimal way to play this hand because he has position on you and if he's observant of your river check as weakness, he may pounce w/ a busted draw, as well as a better two pair, 8x or Kx.That one kinda sucks.

I don't think I would lead out on the turn, I would check call and hope I hit the boat as long as the bet wasn't to big. You need to fold unimproved though. There is no way you can call the push.

I honestly think this turn is less scary than one that completes the OESD on the flop. After all, you still do have top 2 pair, so if the villain has a hand like JT (very possible) then you're still good. I'm not saying that you need to see the hand to the end, but I'm saying that the T is a MUCH better card for you than a K would be, since if the K fell, you're losing to Tx, KJ, QJ, etc.I'm undecided on the hand, but in order for that T to kill your hand, he had to have a hand with a K in it. KJ, KQ, K high spade draw, there just aren't a ton of hands that he sticks around on the flop with.

I honestly think this turn is less scary than one that completes the OESD on the flop. After all, you still do have top 2 pair, so if the villain has a hand like JT (very possible) then you're still good. I'm not saying that you need to see the hand to the end, but I'm saying that the T is a MUCH better card for you than a K would be, since if the K fell, you're losing to Tx, KJ, QJ, etc.I'm undecided on the hand, but in order for that T to kill your hand, he had to have a hand with a K in it. KJ, KQ, K high spade draw, there just aren't a ton of hands that he sticks around on the flop with.
Yes, I think like that too, but the problem is always acting on your instincts. That's a tough call, even if that same thing is going through my head...