New Challenge (old Challenge)

Haven’t posted in a while – been really bogged down with end of year stuff at work (oh the joy).Actually had a couple of weeks on in mid-June (primarily to coach a bball tourney, but also to play some poker). Had a decent run of tourney wins in those 2 weeks, but the rest of June was fairly ordinary. Finished +$2.5K but my ROI was only 57%, when it had been over 170% the 3 months previous. I guess that was a ridiculously unachievable figure, though. Total profit for ’07 is currently at $14.5K (which isn’t worth as much to me as it was previously, due to the Aussie dollar getting stronger.  I’m not withdrawing any ATM until it decides to weaken again! On the plus side, I ordered some poker books from Amazon on the cheap while our exchange rate is good.). Also played some cash games in June. I’m a terrible cash donk, but I’m really trying to get better as if I ever want to quit my job, I’ll have to be competent at playing cash. Got about 2K hand of 25c/50c in & finished up ~$300. Took at shot at 50c/$1 & dropped $150 of it. Oh well. I think I’m going to try grinding some more 25c/50c 6 max until I feel I’m a solid winner there, then move up. July started well, my 1st session consisted of playing 3 tourneys on Monday night, with a 7th for $233 & a win for $685. Good start.Here’s to a good July for all.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Played one table of Bodog 5/10NL for 30 mins while watching the dbacks game and reading Kaelyn a story. Up $1750.I <3 bodonksMark

Played one table of Bodog 5/10NL for 30 mins while watching the dbacks game and reading Kaelyn a story. Up $1750.I <3 bodonksMark
Why weren't you also writing your memoirs, playing the stock market, and negotiating a peace treaty between Isreal and Packistan while you were playing poker?*Multitasking FTW!!!*(If I so much as glance away from my computer screen for a twelve seconds, I am bound to spontaneously lose half my chips because of the distraction)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SET OVER SET FOR 160BBS HYACHACACAHCAHCAHAHCAHCAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownButton ($616.10)NoSup4U ($1546.05)BB ($1200)UTG ($1060.50)MP ($532.10)CO ($564)Preflop: NoSup4U is SB with Tspade.gif, Theart.gif. UTG raises to $24, MP calls $24, 2 folds, NoSup4U calls $21, 1 fold.Flop: ($78) 4club.gif, Tdiamond.gif, Qheart.gif(3 players)NoSup4U checks, UTG bets $44, MP calls $44, NoSup4U raises to $200, UTG raises to $1036.5, MP folds, NoSup4U calls $836.50.Turn: ($2195) 9club.gif(2 players)OH WAIT I FORGOT WHO I AM YES I'LL TAKE A ONE OUTER FOR THE WIN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!River: ($2195) Tclub.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $2195Results below:NoSup4U has Ts Th (four of a kind, tens). UTG has Qd Qc (full house, queens full of tens). Outcome: NoSup4U wins $2195. Ship it.Mark

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SET OVER SET FOR 160BBS HYACHACACAHCAHCAHAHCAHCAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownButton ($616.10)NoSup4U ($1546.05)BB ($1200)UTG ($1060.50)MP ($532.10)CO ($564)Preflop: NoSup4U is SB with Tspade.gif, Theart.gif. UTG raises to $24, MP calls $24, 2 folds, NoSup4U calls $21, 1 fold.Flop: ($78) 4club.gif, Tdiamond.gif, Qheart.gif(3 players)NoSup4U checks, UTG bets $44, MP calls $44, NoSup4U raises to $200, UTG raises to $1036.5, MP folds, NoSup4U calls $836.50.Turn: ($2195) 9club.gif(2 players)OH WAIT I FORGOT WHO I AM YES I'LL TAKE A ONE OUTER FOR THE WIN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!River: ($2195) Tclub.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $2195Results below:NoSup4U has Ts Th (four of a kind, tens). UTG has Qd Qc (full house, queens full of tens). Outcome: NoSup4U wins $2195. Ship it.Mark
I want to be like you for just one month.
Switched it up with aces. I like the chat afterwardsAbsolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$46 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $9.80UTG+1: $74GarbageBag: $107.75Button: $187.75SB: $41.50BB: $50.75Pre-flop: (6 players) GarbageBag is CO with A :D A :D2 folds, GarbageBag raises, Button folds, SB 3-bets, BB folds, GarbageBag calls.Flop: 2 :D 8 :D 4 :) (7SB, 2 players)SB bets, GarbageBag calls.Turn: K :club: (4.5BB, 2 players)SB bets, GarbageBag raises, SB folds.Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to GarbageBag. Results:Final pot: 6.5BBAMC_14: ******* hit your big slickAMC_14: WHEN THE **** DOES THE OUT NOT HIT VS ME?AMC_14: un******* realGARBAGEBAG wins ($24.25 chips).AMC_14: new record tonight for suckouts lost heads upAMC_14: never had so manyAMC_14: hitting 73% of the time now
To be honest, this is usually a max value play with AA against a random. Especially on a safe board, it's best to let them c-bet the flop and turn.
LOL... you got me, I thought you were posting a bad beat until I saw the river.

Meh, good day. Two sessions, +$380 and change.It would have been a much better day if the "suckout king" didn't get the best of me. No worries, because I managed my own suckout or two :club:

God I hate you Mark. You never taught me how to hit 1 outers

jfdkla fjsda; fsdal fjasd;lkf slf jsahad a nice stack in a $5.50 on FT, just got out in 25th for a crappy $12.94the sick part is on the button I get J10h and raise, Flop is A-A-9, I bet out, he calls, turn is 6. I slow down, ends up he has A10 in the sb.Then next hand I get 77. I raise it up, Flop is A-6-5, he bets, I push, he calls with A10.. WTF!LKJ !LK J!:JKL !but to keep it positive, I cashed :club:

Why weren't you also writing your memoirs, playing the stock market, and negotiating a peace treaty between Isreal and Packistan while you were playing poker?*Multitasking FTW!!!*(If I so much as glance away from my computer screen for a twelve seconds, I am bound to spontaneously lose half my chips because of the distraction)
Israel and Pakistan are fighting ???Is it just me or is Stars NL10 the most unbeatable level there is. 1c/2c ridiculously easy; 2c/5c harder but still a cakewalk; NL10, 6000 hands of breakeven poker; NL25(which I used to play before my bankroll loss playing tourneys that were to big) cakewalk again. wth is going on.
Best part of whole post. nh sir
Yikes...poor play or variance?
I've never really lost like I did that night (HU play, that is). I knew it would happen eventually, just a matter of time.I lost 10 buy-ins to one guy. I was going to post some hands but this converter isn't working. I basically lost every big pot. He played a weird loose/passive...thing that really worked against me, primarily because he ran so sick hot.A very common hand for us was he raise to $6, I re-raise to 18-20 with a hand like AK/AQ or T9 or whatever, flop comes xxx (I hardly ever hit) and I cbet $28, he min raised countless times, and I had to fold most of the time. I lost a big pot with KQ to K7, he raised, I 3-bet to 20, flop K7x I bet, he min raised, I shove...he win.I raise to $6 with QQ he raises to $18 with 77, I raises to $55, he calls $37[5s 5h 2d]he checks, i bet 78 with 129 left, he ships it...lol...7 ball on turn.He also srsly never folded to c/r on the flop. with air...like I c/r so many times with air and bet the turn after getting this from him and took down a ton of pots...it was really weird...but then again he also hit some coolers against me which i wasn't getting away from.he raised A2, i call with k9, flop 922 i c/r 12 to 32, he call, t K, i c..he bets, i shove..he win...I bluffed off a stack with KT, he raised J9, I 3bet to 20, he call. flop J9x I bet, he call, t A i check, he bet, I shove...he call...i was using ace as scare card...but this was a spew and a buy-in i blame myself..but idk..gross he flopped two pair on me again.uhm what else...oh this was fun, he raise QJ, I 3bet to $20 with TT, he callflop AKT I bet, he clal, turn i check, he bet small, i shove and he calls, i brick riv obv...i lol'd after that.he raise 75, i call with 86o, flop A95 i check, he bet 7, i call...turn 7, i check he bet 25, i raise to 75 ( i did this a few times with total air and it worked....mroe than a few times) he shoves, i call for 115, riv 5...so he wins that one too.played an interesting hand with KJ. i had actually worked my stack back to 600 and picked up KJ he riased to 6, i call, flop Ks 7s 3c I c/r 7 to 25, he clal turn 5s I bet 44, he call, riv 3d, i bet 100, he raises to 300...i eventually folded. I'm about 90% positive he rivered the 3 ball and didn't have the flush as i'm pretty sure he'd raise the turn and not the river with a flush...so that kinda made me puke...river may be a spew...i think i should have just check/called..but srsly he was stacking off so light, well calling so light...i just could never really hit a big hand and get it to hold against him....like i said, he ran insane good...and i give action...and usually get it back..but i just couldnt do a thing against this guy. it was awesome.I lost 200 with JJ, having to fold on turn or riv...was gross...he just always made best hands against me...or min-raised me at perfect times...and as i said, played mad passive..but i just could never hit anything and he was very hard to bluff as he called a lot...but i did pull some bluffs that worked, some that didn't.I wasn't upset after the session at all...i was actually very happy with how i played in general. to lose 10 buy-ins and not tilt...is awesome playing hu...i can't tell you how easily i would have tilted playing this guy last year. Yea, I dropped 10bi..but that was over almost what, 3k hands...so meh, in the long run i'll be ok...i've often won 10 buy-ins in 1k hands...but these sessions just bring back how much luck can be involved in poker.wasn't fun by any means, but im proud of how i handled myself at the table...i also never berated him, which i think is good too...sometimes i really wanted to, but i was nice...which is hard when you are losing 2k...but something i pride myself on...trying to be polite when winning or losing...and he helped too cuz he wasn't a jerk...nice guy actually...although he kept saying sorry when he sucked out, which kinda annoyed me...even if he meant it.another thing i should mention...usually when a guy gets up on me, and i win some back...they play very very bad...this just wasn't the case with him. i could never keep momentum and get him to make a mistake due from tilt. i had lost like 5 or 7 bi to a diff guy earlier the night but eventually took it all abck a 1.5 buy-in profit...cause he tilted easily once he started losing...so meh, if the guy tho is holding over me in every pot and the cards are really heavily going his way...there isn't much i can do...except grind and keep off tilt and hope something goes my way. i eventually quit him around 7 am cuz i was falling asleep.- Jordan

Up about 1200 this morning. Guy that was 170bbs deep said he folded AQ to me in this hand. I'm not sure I believe him, but we had a long discussion about it. Bummer if so.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownCO ($1002.55)Button ($136.05)SB ($533.10)NoSup4U ($1310.70)UTG ($600)MP ($508.10)Preflop: NoSup4U is BB with Aspade.gif, Kclub.gif. 2 folds, CO raises to $12, 2 folds, NoSup4U raises to $42, CO calls $30.Flop: ($87) Aheart.gif, 9heart.gif, Aclub.gif(2 players)NoSup4U bets $60, CO raises to $180, NoSup4U raises to $1268.7, CO folds.Final Pot: $1535.70Results below: No showdown. NoSup4U wins $1535.70. Mark

Up about 1200 this morning. Guy that was 170bbs deep said he folded AQ to me in this hand. I'm not sure I believe him, but we had a long discussion about it. Bummer if so.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownCO ($1002.55)Button ($136.05)SB ($533.10)NoSup4U ($1310.70)UTG ($600)MP ($508.10)Preflop: NoSup4U is BB with Aspade.gif, Kclub.gif. 2 folds, CO raises to $12, 2 folds, NoSup4U raises to $42, CO calls $30.Flop: ($87) Aheart.gif, 9heart.gif, Aclub.gif(2 players)NoSup4U bets $60, CO raises to $180, NoSup4U raises to $1268.7, CO folds.Final Pot: $1535.70Results below: No showdown. NoSup4U wins $1535.70. Mark
It's not really that shocking of a fold. At very best he's chopping. Unless you've been a complete maniac for a long time, it would be tough to make your range anything except probably 90% AK, 9% AQ, 1% bluff.
It's not really that shocking of a fold. At very best he's chopping. Unless you've been a complete maniac for a long time, it would be tough to make your range anything except probably 90% AK, 9% AQ, 1% bluff.
OK, so please redo his range.
I try and foster an image so people can't make these big folds vs me!!! :(Mark
I try and foster an image so people can't make these big folds vs me!!! :(Mark
then you should probably stop stacking off with T 7.
OK, so please redo his range.
The difference is that from what I've seen, Mark plays like a maniac, but in fairly small pots. If he's going to play a huge pot he has at worst a big draw.If a guy is a smart player but super-LAG he's not going to bluff into this board and he's not going to put 170bb in on this flop with AJ. It's a tough fold to make with AQ for sure when you're playing, but looking at the hand on paper it's clearly the correct fold.
The difference is that from what I've seen, Mark plays like a maniac, but in fairly small pots. If he's going to play a huge pot he has at worst a big draw.If a guy is a smart player but super-LAG he's not going to bluff into this board and he's not going to put 170bb in on this flop with AJ. It's a tough fold to make with AQ for sure when you're playing, but looking at the hand on paper it's clearly the correct fold.
For sure its correct, I'm just not expecting him to be able to make that fold :club: heh.Mark