New Challenge (old Challenge)

mark..it seems like you like to slowplay aces preflop a lot.. i see you either raising with them, or just cold calling raises preflop with them. are you trying to small ball or is it just a rpeference?patrick
Its just the samples I end up posting that are interesting. I 3bet with them 90% of the time. Although I am going to experiment with ratcheting that down some. I think that hand where I got snapped off on the river was good, I just should have put the money in on the turn. My plan was to just raise his continuation bet on the flop, but then I flopped gin and he wasn't likely to have anything so I just called. Then on the turn he fired again so I put him on AK and figured I'd try and look weak.... Then when he hammered the river AGAIN I was like sweet AK for sure....and no. :)Mark
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Here's a post to start off the positive hands posts...Absolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $1/$26 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $33.25UTG+1: $52CO: $18.66Button: $62.62SB: $18.25GarbageBag: $50Pre-flop: (6 players) GarbageBag is BB with J :D J :D UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, CO 3-bets, 2 folds, GarbageBag caps, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.Flop: 9 :D J :club: 2 :) (12.5SB, 3 players)GarbageBag bets, UTG+1 calls, CO raises, GarbageBag 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, CO caps, GarbageBag calls, UTG+1 calls.Turn: 7 :) (12.25BB, 3 players)GarbageBag bets, UTG+1 calls, CO raises, GarbageBag 3-bets, UTG+1 calls, CO caps, GarbageBag calls, UTG+1 calls.River: K :D (24.25BB, 3 players)GarbageBag bets, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.Results:Final pot: 26.25BBGarbageBag Shows Jh Jsnot sure why it doesn't say what villian had..but he/she had AJ clubs

so..i wanna play some quallifies for the moscow millions and european main event.yet i dont wanna play the super sats to the 300 and 500$ main satelittes...so i'm thinking of trying to do this eventually...play 10,000 hands of 200nl HU in two/three days...if I run at 10ptbb/100 that will be $5k and I'd use like half of that to try and qualify.I figure I would need to play ~8 hours a day, if I do this in two days, to get 5k hands...so, if i did three days, i'm guessing it would have to be 5-6 hours...I'd like to try this on a fri/sat...but i dont know if i will.we'll see. i really wanna win another trip/donkament package.- Jordanor i could just keep playing cash games and just buy-in like i'm going to do anyways and not worry about making 5k before...but sigh i'm really not playing a lot of cash games right now...so this could get me going on that front...bleh

Since we're only posting positive stuff, there is a good chance I won't be able to post in here ever again. That is all.Mark

Since we're only posting positive stuff, there is a good chance I won't be able to post in here ever again until tomorrow. That is all.Mark
FYP to disengage the doom switch.

Friday PokaAP: Up $113 todayPS: 9th in 4.40/180, up about $10FT: won a second $26 satellite token, down about $20Surprised this hand held upAbsolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $1/$29 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $18.25UTG+1: $60.25MP1: $9MP2: $49MP3: $70.23CO: $41.25Button: $71.25SB: $24GarbageBag: $50Pre-flop: (9 players) GarbageBag is BB with A :D A :) UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, GarbageBag 3-bets, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.Flop: A :club: K :D T :D (18SB, 6 players)SB checks, GarbageBag bets, UTG folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls.Turn: 7 :) (10.5BB, 3 players)SB checks, GarbageBag bets, MP1 calls, SB calls.River: 8 :D (13.5BB, 3 players)SB checks, GarbageBag bets, MP1 calls, SB folds.Results:Final pot: 15.5BBGarbageBag Shows As AcMP1 mucked [Mucked] [Ks Qc]UTG said he had JJ

Since we're only posting positive stuff, there is a good chance I won't be able to post in here ever again. That is all.Mark
Tomorrow's a new day.. Should be a good one.

Ok, halleluyah! I played some 2/4NL and the play was noticably more attrocious than at 3/6. I think I made $1100 or so. Not up for the day by any means, but still, thats good. I'm less in danger of going busto now.Since I always post hands of me pwning EM2, I'll post one where he pwned me. And since this is the happy thread, obviously I will suck out. Ship it holla ballas!PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownUTG ($584)NoSup4U ($1393.80)CO ($524.50)Button ($296)EM2 ($293)BB ($881.50)Preflop: NoSup4U is MP with Qheart.gif, Theart.gif. 1 fold, NoSup4U raises to $12, 2 folds, EM2 calls $10, 1 fold.Flop: ($28) Qclub.gif, 7heart.gif, 4heart.gif(2 players)EM2 checks, NoSup4U bets $20, EM2 raises to $281, NoSup4U calls $261.Turn: ($590) Qspade.gif(2 players)River: ($590) 2spade.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $590Results below: EM2 has Kc Ks (two pair, kings and queens). NoSup4U has Qh Th (three of a kind, queens). Outcome: NoSup4U wins $590. Mark

Today's graph...and it's only 6pm...I may play another 2 hours sesh...june05.jpgI sat with a guy who was sitting on 2k plus...that was the majority of the upswing...i love playing deep...although I did misplay one hand against him on riv and prob cost me 200.the little loss at the end was AA < Q4 on Q9x flop...all in...yes, he was steamed...sigh.- Jordan

Had an up session today at 2/4NL, +$660 roughly. I'm still down around $2500 overall at 2/4NL, but the sample size is still quite small.June was a good month for me, primarily because of the MTT win for $31k. I also had a couple other final tables and cashes in there, so MTTs were good to me. I think I was down like $500 in cash games, down $1k at 2/4NL and up like $500 at 5/10 LHE on Stars. I also made GoldStar for the first time, but I doubt I'd be able to hit Platinum because my main cash game play is on FT (RB>>>FPPs). I'm gonna try to play more cash games next month, hopefully put in 20k hands or so at 2/4NL.

I could post some horrible hands like KK losing to K4 or 10-10 losing to 8-6, 8x after Iflopped a set, but I guess I won't.. Instead I'll post this oneAbsolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $2/$46 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $70.25UTG+1: $24CO: $64.27Button: $35.01SB: $122.23GarbageBag: $98.49Pre-flop: (6 players) GarbageBag is BB with T :D Q :D UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO raises, Button calls, SB folds, GarbageBag calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: J :D 9 :) 2 :club: (8.5SB, 4 players)GarbageBag checks, UTG+1 bets, CO raises, Button calls, GarbageBag calls, UTG+1 3-bets, CO calls, Button calls, GarbageBag calls.Turn: 8 :D (10.25BB, 4 players)GarbageBag bets, UTG+1 raises, CO 3-bets, Button calls, GarbageBag caps, UTG+1 calls all-in $6, CO calls, Button calls.River: 5 :) (25.75BB, 3 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 24.25BB, Sidepot 1: 1.5BB)GarbageBag bets, CO calls, Button folds.Results:Final pot: 27.75BBGarbageBag Shows 10h QhCO mucks 8c 8dI could be up about $200 but instead I'm about even

Yesterday: 9th in 4.40/180Today: 8th in 4.40/180donk limps k7d and kj is no good on king high board when he turns a flush.

Ok been playing 2/4NL for a couple hours this afternoon. Had a good session. Up $2000. The play was bad, so that was nice.Here are a couple of stellar hands. Notice my chat in the middle of both of them to get them to call. Ship it!PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownBB ($582)UTG ($601.90)NoSup4U ($1253.80)Button ($340.35)SB ($396)Preflop: NoSup4U is MP with 7club.gif, 8club.gif. UTG raises to $16, NoSup4U calls $16, 3 folds.Flop: ($38) Jclub.gif, 7diamond.gif, 2spade.gif(2 players)UTG bets $24, NoSup4U calls $24.Turn: ($86) 7spade.gif(2 players)UTG bets $64, NoSup4U raises to $1213.8NoSup4U said, "whoops :club:" UTG calls $497.90 (All-In).River: ($1861.70) 4club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $1861.70Results below: UTG has Ad Ac (two pair, aces and sevens). NoSup4U has 7c 8c (three of a kind, sevens). Outcome: NoSup4U wins $1861.70.

And the other one:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownButton ($1090.95)NoSup4U ($400)BB ($857)UTG ($360.55)MP ($1220.35)Preflop: NoSup4U is SB with Qspade.gif, Qdiamond.gif. UTG calls $4, 2 folds, NoSup4U raises to $16, 1 fold, UTG calls $12.Flop: ($36) 4heart.gif, Qheart.gif, 9diamond.gif(2 players)NoSup4U bets $24, UTG raises to $48, NoSup4U raises to $148NoSup4U said, "whoops "UTG raises to $344.55, NoSup4U calls $196.55.Turn: ($725.10) 6heart.gif(2 players)River: ($725.10) Adiamond.gif(2 players)Final Pot: $725.10Results below: NoSup4U has Qs Qd (three of a kind, queens). UTG has 9c 7c (one pair, nines). Outcome: NoSup4U wins $725.10.Mark

Why I called this...I don't know.PokerStars Game #10702420343: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2007/06/30 - 19:45:28 (ET)Table 'Behrens II' 6-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 1: DrGreve ($265.50 in chips) Seat 2: evilx8 ($267.85 in chips) Seat 3: tb17 ($308.40 in chips) Seat 4: Jtomi72 ($124 in chips) Seat 5: Vic3Roy ($200 in chips) Seat 6: gosukrul ($391 in chips) Jtomi72: posts small blind $1Vic3Roy: posts big blind $2*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to tb17 [Qh Qc]gosukrul: folds DrGreve: folds evilx8: raises $6 to $8tb17: raises $20 to $28Jtomi72: folds Vic3Roy: folds evilx8: calls $20*** FLOP *** [5h 3h Kc]evilx8: checks tb17: checks *** TURN *** [5h 3h Kc] [9s]evilx8: bets $239.85 and is all-intb17: calls $239.85*** RIVER *** [5h 3h Kc 9s] [Kd]*** SHOW DOWN ***evilx8: shows [Th 7h] (a pair of Kings)tb17: shows [Qh Qc] (two pair, Kings and Queens)tb17 collected $535.70 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $538.70 | Rake $3 Board [5h 3h Kc 9s Kd]Seat 1: DrGreve folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: evilx8 showed [Th 7h] and lost with a pair of KingsSeat 3: tb17 (button) showed [Qh Qc] and won ($535.70) with two pair, Kings and QueensSeat 4: Jtomi72 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: Vic3Roy (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: gosukrul folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Ok here are the grissly results for June. I'm up about another $3000 in live play and some bodog that isn't on there, but I've spent $1600 on coaching this month. So not the greatest month, but I'm not negative, which I was worried about being this morning. I haven't had a negative month in a while and don't plan on it.junext7.jpgAlso, I just played till I have 10,002 FPPs on Stars, so I will keep my Platinum status. So at least the last day of the month has been good :)Positive vibes for July!!! I think I need to stay down at 2/4 until I wrap my head better around life as a lagtard. I have sessions with Samo the next two Thursdays, so hopefully by the end of the month I will be feeling really solid about this.Mark

Ok here are the grissly results for June. I'm up about another $3000 in live play and some bodog that isn't on there, but I've spent $1600 on coaching this month. So not the greatest month, but I'm not negative, which I was worried about being this morning. I haven't had a negative month in a while and don't plan on it.junext7.jpgAlso, I just played till I have 10,002 FPPs on Stars, so I will keep my Platinum status. So at least the last day of the month has been good :)Positive vibes for July!!! I think I need to stay down at 2/4 until I wrap my head better around life as a lagtard. I have sessions with Samo the next two Thursdays, so hopefully by the end of the month I will be feeling really solid about this.Mark
GL GL! :club:

-very nice call tlb-seems like you're playing well at 2/4, Mark. Stick to whatever works.-sweet graph Jordan, hope you're months been good. I imagine it has.-Nice session today, zimm. Hopefully you work your way up at 2/4.Keeping the thread positive :club:

Apparently I turned on the doom switch for me. Got stacked twice in short order on 1/2 on PStars... I was tired and felt steamed, so I quit. I'm playing some live NLHE tomorrow, so hopefully the doom switch can be shut down.I won't post the hands here: don't want to destroy the positive mood in this thread.*Damn doom switch*

I'm just posting in this thread to see if something can rub off on me and I can win a race. :D
I'll do what I can :club: I'll post my stats for June tomorrow, way too early/late to do it now..

I just wish I could cash in all these Sklansky dollars for real cash, 'cause I'm rolling in the Sklansky dollars, but my BR doesn't seem any healthier for it :club:

I'll do what I can :club:
Tyty!
I just wish I could cash in all these Sklansky dollars for real cash, 'cause I'm rolling in the Sklansky dollars, but my BR doesn't seem any healthier for it :D
If I may ask, what exactly are Sklansky dollars?