New Challenge (old Challenge)

If I am going to play this much cash I should probably switch away from stars to a site with rakeback and softer games (although stars seem pretty soft right now). Anyone want around $1500 on Stars for $1500 on another site? Not sure which site I should go with. The variables I am weighing are:1- Rakeback availability? I only know of Full Tilt. I signed up an account on Tilt without setting up RB awhile back to watch games but never deposited. Can I get rakeback or do I need to set up an account under someone elses name?2- Softness of games?Is Full Tilt really any softer than Stars? Maybe I should be looking at Bodog...but do they have rakeback?3- Ease of withdrawl/trustworthiness?I don't want to get my money stuck on a site so would like a site that has a good history of timely cash outs.4- Someone willing to trade?I don't feel like depositing. Is someone willing to make the trade above, I can go +/- $1500, just let me know what you want? If so, can I get rakeback by just trading or do I HAVE to deposit?If anyone wants to make the trade or provide any feedback I would appreciate it.As for my trustworthiness in making this trade...as mentioned earlier in this thread Cody Hartman shipped me a $4 stake, I won 216, and shipped him back his half. That's about all the proof I have...other than me saying I am a trustworthy dude and have no reason or desire to take wrongfully anyone's money. :)Thanks for any help or interest.OH and Slapstick, I read your post earlier today but if I have the scenario right and you have enough chips, I would make a small raise to induce a shove if you have enough chips to do so without it looking odd. I believe in the previous scenario with j9o the guy raised and called the shove with aa. This would essentially be the same thing. Unless you have shoved on his BB before I think raise>limp>shove>fold.
I dont really have any knowledge on this, but seriously don't try fix what is not broken. Strangely enough sites can give completely different results to each person. You are doing really well, changing your system could mess you up.And no, i had less than 10times the big blind, shove or fold
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

are you also a chrono trigger hater? That and FFVII are my top 2. CT was the first rpg i ever played and it remains to be one of the best. Both games have awesome story lines.I haven't played poker yet but I'm going to play today! I Swear!
Chrono Trigger? Hell no, I <3 the game.Honestly, I don't think FFVII is bad, I just think there are better games.

How to get your opponent to go on super tilt, reload, and start shoving with A4 pf:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (2 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($110.95)Button ($26.65)Preflop: Hero is BB with Tdiamond.gif, Kdiamond.gif. Button raises to $3.5, Hero calls $2.Flop: ($6.50) 4diamond.gif, Aclub.gif, Jclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: ($6.50) 5heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6, Button calls $6.River: ($18.50) 2heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $7, Hero calls $7.Final Pot: $32.50Results in white below: Hero has Td Kd (high card, ace). Button has 8c Kc (high card, ace). Outcome: Hero wins $32.50.

I dont really have any knowledge on this, but seriously don't try fix what is not broken. Strangely enough sites can give completely different results to each person. You are doing really well, changing your system could mess you up.And no, i had less than 10times the big blind, shove or fold
Do you have a tin foil hat?
How to get your opponent to go on super tilt, reload, and start shoving with A4 pf:Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (2 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($110.95)Button ($26.65)Preflop: Hero is BB with Tdiamond.gif, Kdiamond.gif. Button raises to $3.5, Hero calls $2.Flop: ($6.50) 4diamond.gif, Aclub.gif, Jclub.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: ($6.50) 5heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6, Button calls $6.River: ($18.50) 2heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $7, Hero calls $7.Final Pot: $32.50Results in white below: Hero has Td Kd (high card, ace). Button has 8c Kc (high card, ace). Outcome: Hero wins $32.50.
LOL NI HAN SUH
I am currently running well and feel I am playing well after making some tweaks to my game but the rakeback could be very helpful to a historically barely above breakeven player such as myself. If sites give different results to different players than maybe a new site could change me from a breakeven player to a pro! woooohoooo
I think sometimes certain situations call for unorthodox play. Although the standard play is to shove from the SB with less than 10 BB that is likely not the optimal play in this situation in my opinion, based on the information you have given us. What we know is that the BB has shoved on a raiser in a previous situation with j9o. We know you have ~32k. We know you busted at the 2k/4k level, so we know BB equal to or less than 4k. Based on this information it would be ideal to induce a shove because he has shown the ability to shove over a raise with a weak hand. Assuming blinds are at 4k, you could raise to around 10-12k. To some this looks strong but to an opponent such as this it may look like he has fold equity and he may shove. You want to get his chips in preflop by any means necessary which may mean non-standard rules apply.
I think sometimes certain situations call for unorthodox play. Although the standard play is to shove from the SB with less than 10 BB that is likely not the optimal play in this situation in my opinion, based on the information you have given us. What we know is that the BB has shoved on a raiser in a previous situation with j9o. We know you have ~32k. We know you busted at the 2k/4k level, so we know BB equal to or less than 4k. Based on this information it would be ideal to induce a shove because he has shown the ability to shove over a raise with a weak hand. Assuming blinds are at 4k, you could raise to around 10-12k. To some this looks strong but to an opponent such as this it may look like he has fold equity and he may shove. You want to get his chips in preflop by any means necessary which may mean non-standard rules apply.
Your right I suppose, in the mode I was in, all in or shove was the only option running through my head. I showed him the jacks, to help if I needed to push on him again in a desperate situation. I busted out with the blinds at 5k/10k, and it turns out I finished ahead of the villan, the maniac that he really turned out to be

Just sat down and played a session where I knew right from the beginning that I shouldn't have been playing. Not focused, other things on my mind......but I wanted to get some hands in. Ended up losing a little over two buy ins with some really bad play. Really one of my biggest leaks but the first time that has happened this year. Going away on Wed. for about 4 days so I will get a much needed break.

How do you people get an edge on the regulars? The only way I can see it at the moment is not giving action to nits, but how do I beat up on TAGs? I suppose I could try and make all the regs do this to me, but I don't see this happening often. This guy was a regular, hand from yesterday, and the image I created is really hard/probably unprofitable to maintain.Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$15 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $177.25CO: $92.30Hero: $97.90SB: $162.40BB: $98.50Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with :club::D2 folds, Hero raises to $4, SB raises to $13, BB folds, Hero calls.Flop: :):D:) ($27, 2 players)SB checks, Hero checks.Turn: :D ($27, 2 players)SB bets $16, Hero calls.River: :D ($59, 2 players)SB is all-in $133.4, Hero calls all-in $68.9.Uncalled bets: $64.5 returned to SB.Results:Final pot: $196.8SB showed Kd Tc

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)BB ($50.25)Hero ($64.60)Preflop: Hero is Button with 2 :D , 2 :club: . Hero raises to $1.75, BB calls $1.Flop: ($3.25) Q :) , 3 :D , Q :D(2 players)BB checks, Hero checks.Turn: ($3.25) 2 :D(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB raises to $10, Hero raises to $66.1 (All-In), BB calls $38.75 (All-In).River: ($100.75) 5 :)(2 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $100.75Results in white below: BB has Ts Qd (three of a kind, queens). Hero has 2s 2d (full house, twos full of queens). Outcome: Hero wins $118.10.

TB17, if u dont mind me asking, why are u playing .25/.50 ?? what happend??
I pretty much blew everything except 4k, I decided since I'm getting a new car (Brag thread coming real soon), to withdraw the 4k and start fresh, I used my FPPs for million seats, and went from 0 to back over 1k again, thinking about MTTs or cash games, I think my MTT game is getting a ton better and if I put real time into it I'll get some nice scores, but the nit in me wants to play .25/.5 with 20 buyins...I dunno, still deciding.

Cut short my modest goal of 500 hands at around half that right now. Who 4 bet bluffs then shoves a board that completely misses you at .05-.10? I mean, with or without reads, which, of course, I had none of, it's the stupidest thing I've ever done in all my life, and that includes non-poker related stupid things. I angrily shut down all my tables. Overall down $8 today.

I pretty much blew everything except 4k, I decided since I'm getting a new car (Brag thread coming real soon), to withdraw the 4k and start fresh, I used my FPPs for million seats, and went from 0 to back over 1k again, thinking about MTTs or cash games, I think my MTT game is getting a ton better and if I put real time into it I'll get some nice scores, but the nit in me wants to play .25/.5 with 20 buyins...I dunno, still deciding.
Car gonna be like Ryland's or what yo?
Ahhh...so much nicer than Ryland's.
I didn't see it. But my car's pretty ballin, not Mark like...but still nice.