New Challenge (old Challenge)

Yes/No river vbet? Villian is 46/6/1Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 10324The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $65.10MP: $47.20CO: $46.00Hero (BTN): $100.00SB: $116.45BB: $14.50Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with 9 :3h Q :5c3 folds, Hero raises to $3, SB calls $2.50, 1 foldFlop: ($7.00) T :qh 3 :D J :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4Turn: ($15.00) Q :club:(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB calls $10River: ($35.00) J :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $15, SB calls $15
I like it if you plan on folding to a river raise.
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Yes/No river vbet? Villian is 46/6/1Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 10324The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterUTG: $65.10MP: $47.20CO: $46.00Hero (BTN): $100.00SB: $116.45BB: $14.50Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is BTN with 9 :3h Q :5c3 folds, Hero raises to $3, SB calls $2.50, 1 foldFlop: ($7.00) T :qh 3 :D J :4h(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4Turn: ($15.00) Q :club:(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $10, SB calls $10River: ($35.00) J :ts(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $15, SB calls $15
do you think a 10 calls you here often?Edit: I think we see villan having KQ and AQ here often imo, but just wondering if a 10 calls often enough for us to bet the river. If not, I dont see the river bet as a good one imo.double edit: I like your bet sizing tho, this is something Im really trying to work on.
do you think a 10 calls you here often?
yes bc of his stats, hes pretty much a retard imo, just checkin everyone elses thoughtsanother one...villian 20/13/inf. Pretty sure my flop raise needs to be bigger, but besides that, standard??Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 10340The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP: $64.95Hero (CO): $114.10BTN: $54.30SB: $33.00BB: $109.75UTG: $105.20Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is CO with 6 :4h 4 :5cUTG raises to $4, MP calls $4, Hero calls $4, 3 foldsFlop: ($13.50) 5 :D Q :club: 7 :3h(3 players)UTG bets $9, MP folds, Hero raises to $31, UTG raises to $101.20 all in, Hero calls $70.20Turn: ($215.90) T :qh(2 players - 1 is all in)River: ($215.90) 2 :ts(2 players - 1 is all in)
yes bc of his stats, hes pretty much a retard imo, just checkin everyone elses thoughtsanother one...villian 20/13/inf. Pretty sure my flop raise needs to be bigger, but besides that, standard??Poker Stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 10340The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History ConverterMP: $64.95Hero (CO): $114.10BTN: $54.30SB: $33.00BB: $109.75UTG: $105.20Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is CO with 6 :4h 4 :5cUTG raises to $4, MP calls $4, Hero calls $4, 3 foldsFlop: ($13.50) 5 :D Q :club: 7 :3h(3 players)UTG bets $9, MP folds, Hero raises to $31, UTG raises to $101.20 all in, Hero calls $70.20Turn: ($215.90) T :qh(2 players - 1 is all in)River: ($215.90) 2 :ts(2 players - 1 is all in)
I raise flop to 27-29. Doesn't need to be bigger. Figure out what you want to accomplish when you do it. Don't make it bigger to to price yourself to calling a shove because I hate that logic. When I'm bluff raising here, I want to do it as cheaply as possible. I also don't mind flatting here now and then but I'd prefer flatting more if there was a flush draw out (because we can rep the flush when it hits).
Unless he has an extremely high C-Bet % I think this is burning money raising here after an UTG C-Bets that flop multi way.
I raise flop to 27-29. Doesn't need to be bigger. Figure out what you want to accomplish when you do it. Don't make it bigger to to price yourself to calling a shove because I hate that logic. When I'm bluff raising here, I want to do it as cheaply as possible. I also don't mind flatting here now and then but I'd prefer flatting more if there was a flush draw out (because we can rep the flush when it hits).
whats the logic behind 27-29 instead of 31? Besides the fact that we'd do it w/ a bluff raise
Why would we ever raise a decent draw with the intention of folding to a shove? That's exactly why we should be flatting here.
Why would we ever raise a decent draw with the intention of folding to a shove? That's exactly why we should be flatting here.
Because it's a dry board that a competent raiser is going to be cbetting a lot and not hitting hard very often. I don't always raise, I flat a lot. But I like raising also to put a lot of pressure on the UTG player. What's he doing with KQ/AQ here? JJ? He's likely not going to be too thrilled with stacking off with the majority of his range. I also feel like there's a lot of people that will call the flop raise and fold to a turn barrel on a board like this.You raise less to make bluffraising cheaper.

eukw ;qjaont;edh6unskhmao.nt v;etqjb;knsxqjkns ;euqjknoepmikx v;oe.zqjiko.naotheunoentuhaontuhtaonhuaohuhaontubaontantebmukabmo,webaebmuknwaob-nt.a,oentsa,.ntsbmuao,b uaowm antvkwao. ntkwoe unkxnaoewI'm soooo ****ing tilted right now. Garr lost about a buyin and a half to some guy because I was down 4 buyins to this other guy. Garr. I'm so angry with myself. And the guy I was 4 buyins down to was sooooo meh but running hotter than the sun. Gar. And I lost another buyin to that guy because he realised I was tilting and actually played decent because of it. ffs.I have never been this angry before at poker.

Because it's a dry board that a competent raiser is going to be cbetting a lot and not hitting hard very often. I don't always raise, I flat a lot. But I like raising also to put a lot of pressure on the UTG player. What's he doing with KQ/AQ here? JJ? He's likely not going to be too thrilled with stacking off with the majority of his range. I also feel like there's a lot of people that will call the flop raise and fold to a turn barrel on a board like this.You raise less to make bluffraising cheaper.
Why would someone ever fold AQ, KQ to you here when you are really never playing a set like this? And I would be perfectly fine with stacking off here with quite a few hands. And I don't think a competent player is ever folding a turn barrel here if he calls the flop.By raising this flop you are taking a strong disguised draw and putting yourself in a really bad spot. The number of times you win the flop uncontested aren't going to make up for the number of times you stack off with like 30% equity (unless the plan is to put in like 35% of your stack then fold). Much easier to rep hands on turn or river here when you miss than the flop (against those hands you are folding out when you raise the flop anyway) cause that is how you would play sets for the most part.
random pic.LOL at the folks that decided this one...seven? :club: taking a break...be back at it after dinner....
I, um, stole one from an ASU parking garage 5 years ago that is 14 mph. It looked too cool to pass up.EDIT: It might not be 14...I haven't looked in a year, and I am spacing...but it is between 11 and 14
Gametime temp here in Phoenix tomorrow: 76 degrees. SHIP IT!!!Mark
Something I've been meaning to ask you. Merby's new sig reminded me. You used to play a "make nuts, get paid style" very successfully. Now you play a style that is a bit, shall we say, higher variance. Considering you just had your worst year as a pro (not trying to rub it in), have you ever considered going back to the old style?