• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Hmmm.........either people misunderstood what they were told or Stars reconsidered the whole Concierge thing. Not having to work off the milestone bonuses is pretty cool. Keeping your level for 9 months will be awesome for Supernova Elite's but doesn't help most people. Assuming they keep the minimum amount you can Concierge at $500 this change isn't bad at all.VIP program changes:SilverStar VIP level will be lowered to 1,200 VPPs a month.GoldStar VIP level will be lowered to 3,000 VPPs a month.PlatinumStar VIP level will be lowered to 7,500 VPPs a month.Supernova and Supernova Elite players will be able to retain their statusthe following year until end of September provided they meet the currentplay requirements. This will start now for the 2008 SN and SNEs.Milestone bonuses will become cash credits. This means once a player hits200,000 VPPs for 2009 he will be able to obtain a $2,000 cash credit for50,000 FPPs, without a need to earn further 10,000 VPPs. That is not fullyautomated yet, but we plan to enable players to buy these bonuses directlyfrom the VIP Store, so there won't be a need to wait for processing of thebonuses as we have it now.The $50,000 VIP weekly event will become a $75,000 event with 12 minuteblinds.The $20,000 VIP weekly event will become a $30,000 weekly event.Concierge will change slightly. Changes include a player may only use theservice once a month with a max of three receipts. We will have clearrules for what may be submitted on the website by end of February.All of the above changes will take place starting March 1st, 2009. Notpromising, but we may introduce further changes later in the year. Keep theideas coming.Scotty

Interesting hand from last night for you HU guys. Villain was running 73/31 over a large sample. Most of his raises on flops have been 2 pair hands, or semi bluffs, so he's been a bit tricky with that. Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($301.60)Button ($295.60)Preflop: Hero is SB with Kdiamond.gif, Jheart.gifButton calls $0.50, Hero raises to $5, Button calls $4Flop: ($10) 7heart.gif, 10diamond.gif, 9club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6, Button raises to $12, Hero calls $6Turn: ($34) Qheart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $15, Hero raises to $62, Button calls $47River: ($158) 10heart.gif(2 players)Hero ??????Total pot: $158

Interesting hand from last night for you HU guys. Villain was running 73/31 over a large sample. Most of his raises on flops have been 2 pair hands, or semi bluffs, so he's been a bit tricky with that. Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($301.60)Button ($295.60)Preflop: Hero is SB with Kdiamond.gif, Jheart.gifButton calls $0.50, Hero raises to $5, Button calls $4Flop: ($10) 7heart.gif, 10diamond.gif, 9club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6, Button raises to $12, Hero calls $6Turn: ($34) Qheart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $15, Hero raises to $62, Button calls $47River: ($158) 10heart.gif(2 players)Hero ??????Total pot: $158
kinda sick... i think i like bet/folding about 80?

I'll wait before posting my thoughts on the river, but as you can tell, my turn raise is setting up for a big river bet, and hoping to figure out a range of hands my opponent will call with. Tks for the reply though vt

I played 3500 hands of $50 HU cash last night. What a sick game. My first lesson is 'how to quit people who don't suck at poker' but I still made a couple of buy-ins.I agree that getting your stack up over 2 BIs seems to attract the $30 guys who suck but what about shutting down your table if your stack gets too high? I had one up to $350 and then got in a situation where I got coolered for $130. (109 for me, board 1087 then a river J - he had Q9) Does it make sense to protect yourself from that situation or is that just stupid thinking?

I played 3500 hands of $50 HU cash last night. What a sick game. My first lesson is 'how to quit people who don't suck at poker' but I still made a couple of buy-ins.I agree that getting your stack up over 2 BIs seems to attract the $30 guys who suck but what about shutting down your table if your stack gets too high? I had one up to $350 and then got in a situation where I got coolered for $130. (109 for me, board 1087 then a river J - he had Q9) Does it make sense to protect yourself from that situation or is that just stupid thinking?
It depends on the player.If playing for $200 stacks when at $50 if going to detrimentally affect your play, you should not play that deep.
This is pretty cool,http://www.pokercontrols.com/check out what the buttons are. In the centre is a mouse. The "L2" and "R2" buttons switch between tables, there is a bet sizing scroll button and a "2x" "3x" etc buttons.Seems pretty fun, not sure about how it is practical wise. We just had a meeting with the guys from there, theres a bit of a buzz about it
This will be amazing if it works properly
Hmmm.........either people misunderstood what they were told or Stars reconsidered the whole Concierge thing. Not having to work off the milestone bonuses is pretty cool. Keeping your level for 9 months will be awesome for Supernova Elite's but doesn't help most people. Assuming they keep the minimum amount you can Concierge at $500 this change isn't bad at all.VIP program changes:SilverStar VIP level will be lowered to 1,200 VPPs a month.GoldStar VIP level will be lowered to 3,000 VPPs a month.PlatinumStar VIP level will be lowered to 7,500 VPPs a month.Supernova and Supernova Elite players will be able to retain their statusthe following year until end of September provided they meet the currentplay requirements. This will start now for the 2008 SN and SNEs.Milestone bonuses will become cash credits. This means once a player hits200,000 VPPs for 2009 he will be able to obtain a $2,000 cash credit for50,000 FPPs, without a need to earn further 10,000 VPPs. That is not fullyautomated yet, but we plan to enable players to buy these bonuses directlyfrom the VIP Store, so there won't be a need to wait for processing of thebonuses as we have it now.The $50,000 VIP weekly event will become a $75,000 event with 12 minuteblinds.The $20,000 VIP weekly event will become a $30,000 weekly event.Concierge will change slightly. Changes include a player may only use theservice once a month with a max of three receipts. We will have clearrules for what may be submitted on the website by end of February.All of the above changes will take place starting March 1st, 2009. Notpromising, but we may introduce further changes later in the year. Keep theideas coming.Scotty
sweet. lower sn and sne req. too please.

Just got this offer by email from the Excaliber... while the food idea is nice, the lady creeps me out (plus I run horribly bad in any kind of gambling there, and have decided I will never ever gamble there again, let alone stay there and jinx my entire trip. that said, the knights' dinner show is still pretty cool. :club: )buffet.jpg

(If you're gonna post a HU hand history like this, especially when you've been playing for a while, given that there are 600BBs on the table, you NEED to provide more information about this guy. His stat line is fine for 6m, but there's so much that you know about him that's gonna affect your decision HU, and if you want really meaningful advice here, you should try and provide us with most of the same information that you have, since it's all going to matter.)That being said...Obviously if there's 1 card in the deck you don't love seeing, that's it.When people minraise on a flop that coordinated, especially this deep, I'd actually like to see a flop 3bet here sometimes. Your K is sometimes good to win and you're drawing to the nuts while being double gutted, plus it puts a lot of pressure on him when he's playing his 1 pair hands with a ton of $$ back and 2 more streets to go.His bet on the turn makes little sense, since he's betting <1/2 pot on a really messy turn card for just about his entire range. I would think that this is a pair+SD most of the time here.On the river, is he bluffy? Will he call lightly? Is it possible for him to think he's value shoving a hand we beat?We have an incredibly awkward stack size here. The pot is like $160 and we have like $210 effective back.IMO, the only hand we should be really worried about losing to here is 8xhh (or 9xhh, but there are few reasons for him to be raising that on the flop). We have the Jh, so he can't have that combo heart draw. He also can't really have a boat because nobody bets 1/2 pot on that turn with 2 pair or a set.I like shoving here. His most likely hand is probably Tx, like JT or T8 even and he's stuck with trips on the river, and people hate to fold trips. He can also easily have QJ or Q8 or a hand like that and have top pair which isn't as strong, but people don't like folding that either.I think the main points to recognize are that it's really hard for us to bet/fold this river given our PSR ratio, but I think hands that he'll call $125 with, he'll call for the rest of his stack, so I just go ahead and shove.(I think this is the most strat I've posted in this thread in forever)
(
Thanks Acid. Sorry for lack of info, I should have included more. As evidence by his turn bet, he bets very thin on all streets, whether it be for value or bluff. He really hasn't called off any of my value bets before. The big hands have come mostly from coolers that either of us have gotten away with. I got lucky to build this big stack by a suckout http://www.pokerhand.org/?3847759 and this hand http://www.pokerhand.org/?3847735, but he luckboxed a couple hands to get back into this to make our stacked 3bi deep.EDIT - I should also mention, I was 100% sure that he would not make a big bet on the river regardless of his hand. He always bet very thin even with made hands when my range looked strong.
Thanks Acid. Sorry for lack of info, I should have included more. As evidence by his turn bet, he bets very thin on all streets, whether it be for value or bluff. He really hasn't called off any of my value bets before. The big hands have come mostly from coolers that either of us have gotten away with. I got lucky to build this big stack by a suckout http://www.pokerhand.org/?3847759 and this hand http://www.pokerhand.org/?3847735, but he luckboxed a couple hands to get back into this to make our stacked 3bi deep.EDIT - I should also mention, I was 100% sure that he would not make a big bet on the river regardless of his hand. He always bet very thin even with made hands when my range looked strong.
1. There's a difference between a "thin" bet and a small bet. Thin does not refer to the bet size, but to the relative strength of your hand. Making a thin bet is something like betting the flop AND turn of K35dd9o with pocket 6s because you feel your opponent will call both barrels with a 5 or a flush draw. That's a thin bet. It could be a PSB or it could be a 1/2 PSB. It makes a huge difference here that you've seen him make bets of that size before and that he might be able to show up with T7 playing it this way, since as you can tell, much of my read was based on the fact that he shouldn't have 2 pair on the turn because of his bet sizing.2. Just seeing that Q8 hand you posted, where he stacks off on AQJss with Q8, means that shoving this river is probably infinitely profitable.3. On the river, it's not whether he's gonna make a bet with a big hand or not. We're not looking to fold our hand, so the question then becomes: how do we maximize our profit? If we check and call, we pick off an occasional bluff, we pay off his big hands and we let him escape unscathed with his Tx and Qx hands or whatever he has. If he's stacking off with Q8 on that board in the other hand, he's stacking off with Tx on this one, which is probably a majority of his range and it makes our shove very profitable, imo.Checking is the weakest play that we can make here because it lets him decide whether or not he wants to lose more $$ on bluffs, lets him get value for the times he does show up with a flush or boat and it lets him set the price that he's willing to lose with Tx or Qx if he chooses to bet them.

You know, there's a reason you're a pro :)I might as well reveal results since Acid basically covered every aspect of the hand and potential lines of villain. My thought process was that my raise on turn will scare a ton of weaker hands away, leaving only combo draws and 2 pair possibilities left. When the river completed much of both, I didn't feel my hand could withstand a river raise, so I opted to check. In hindsight, I think you're correct Acid in the sense that our hand is good a ton vs how he played the hand, and we should feel strong enough to get it all in here. So I checked, he bet small, like $45, I called, and he shows K10, which most likely, I get paid off vs this guy.Thanks alot, appreciate it. Not often you run into these spots 3bi deep.

You know, there's a reason you're a pro :)I might as well reveal results since Acid basically covered every aspect of the hand and potential lines of villain. My thought process was that my raise on turn will scare a ton of weaker hands away, leaving only combo draws and 2 pair possibilities left. When the river completed much of both, I didn't feel my hand could withstand a river raise, so I opted to check. In hindsight, I think you're correct Acid in the sense that our hand is good a ton vs how he played the hand, and we should feel strong enough to get it all in here. So I checked, he bet small, like $45, I called, and he shows K10, which most likely, I get paid off vs this guy.Thanks alot, appreciate it. Not often you run into these spots 3bi deep.
If I checked and he bet that, I'd think he had a 10 like 95% of the time and I'd just check shove for value.
the lady creeps me outbuffet.jpg
Knife and fork in the wrong hand, too :closedeyes:Acid, your third point has totally caused me to reconsider my river action. Thanks for the insight :club:
If I checked and he bet that, I'd think he had a 10 like 95% of the time and I'd just check shove for value.
agree with this when you opt to check in this spot.
Milestone bonuses will become cash credits. This means once a player hits200,000 VPPs for 2009 he will be able to obtain a $2,000 cash credit for50,000 FPPs, without a need to earn further 10,000 VPPs. That is not fullyautomated yet, but we plan to enable players to buy these bonuses directlyfrom the VIP Store, so there won't be a need to wait for processing of thebonuses as we have it now.
it sounds like you can now sell vpps for cash, not for a bonus - is that correct?
it sounds like you can now sell vpps for cash, not for a bonus - is that correct?
That is only for the milestone bonuses. 200k VPP, 300k, etc. With regular FPP's you still have to use Concierge, buy bonuses, etc.
That is only for the milestone bonuses. 200k VPP, 300k, etc. With regular FPP's you still have to use Concierge, buy bonuses, etc.
yeah i just clued into the VPP vs FPP disparity. it didn't seem out of line for me to make 200k FPP, but i'm not likely to hit 200k VPP anytime soon.oh well, not a bad deal for others then. maybe for me someday.