New Challenge (old Challenge)

Just another standard January retarded fking dayI've played 19 days and I've only had one day where I wasnt stuck at least 200 at one point of the sesssunday.png

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

trialling a little bit of 20NL HU on cake when i see some shortstackers sitting ... 6/6 for stacking them so far :)These are the last 3 ... I've got it in with 96.7%, 100% and 97.1% equity! :)EZ game:This guy rebought after this ...PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($7.75)Hero (SB) ($21.95)Preflop: Hero is SB with :D, :tsHero raises to $0.60, Button calls $0.40Flop: ($1.20) :5c, :D, :D(2 players)Button checks, Hero checksTurn: ($1.20) :club:(2 players)Button checks, Hero bets $0.70, Button raises to $1.85, Hero raises to $3.70, Button raises to $7.15 (All-In), Hero calls $3.45River: ($15.50) :3h(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $15.50 | Rake: $0.50Results:Button mucked :D, :qh (one pair, nines).Hero had :jh, :4h (three of a kind, nines).Outcome: Hero won $15

Same guy .. he had been 3betting me (and me folding a bunch .. so I decided to see a flop ... flop the nuts .. EZ game :)PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($12.65)Hero (SB) ($28.05)Preflop: Hero is SB with :club:, :DHero raises to $0.60, Button raises to $1.80, Hero calls $1.20Flop: ($3.60) :qh, :jh, :D(2 players)Button bets $2.20, Hero raises to $5.10, Button raises to $10.85 (All-In), Hero calls $5.75Turn: ($25.30) :D(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($25.30) :4h(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $25.30 | Rake: $0.50Results:Button mucked :5c, :3h (three of a kind, Kings).Hero had :ts, :D (straight, seven high).Outcome: Hero won $24.80

Last opponent ... get your opponent to bluff you ... EZ game :)maybe i'll give this HU gig more of a go .. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($7.20)Hero (SB) ($23.40)Preflop: Hero is SB with :D, :5cHero raises to $0.60, Button raises to $1, Hero raises to $2.40, Button calls $1.40Flop: ($4.80) :ts, :D, :qh(2 players)Button bets $4.80 (All-In), Hero calls $4.80Turn: ($14.40) :4h(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($14.40) :jh(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $14.40 | Rake: $0.50Results:Button mucked :D, :club: (one pair, twos).Hero had :D, :3h (two pair, Aces and twos).Outcome: Hero won $13.90

and at the very least, I'm done being pissed about running bad.This downswing has really taught me the insignificance of 5 or even 10 buyins. Just keep plugging away and putting in volume and you'll win in the end if you're good enough, no matter how many buyins you may be down. I'm really not that concerned about it, I'm still way below expectation according to PokerEV, and as long as I stay positive and keep putting in volume I'll come out of this a better player.
agree and like all of this
Rdeezy, whats the scoop on wsop house? Im still interested
Did you ever tell me you were interested? I don't have you down. For how long? Basically we are probably going to book the house this week. Between me, Lobster and Mark, figure out pricing. Hopefully we can put out a calendar showing when spots are available and cost. Have people send me money to book a spot. Hoping to get a big enough place so that everyone that has shown interest can be accommodated. Just really, really hard cause there aren't a ton of really big houses and people tend to keep the one they had for the series from the year before.
Ok, might be done for the Commerce trip. Getting super sleepy at the table so I quit for the night. Might play a little more in the morning before we have to head to the airport. I'm up $11660 overall right now. Weeeeeeeee <3 you Commerce!!Mark
Ship the Kia.Nice work Mark!

rdog, im interested too, but would be more interested in like crashing at the house for a weekend or two/maybe a week, and wouldnt really want a room, just somewhere to crash. i'd be down to throw down some money, but i dont know if i will be in the us at this point, this whole graduation from college thing has skewed my plans to very random possibilties. so kinda throwing it out there if you would be able to accomodate any stragglers, more cuz id like to meet you all and kick it with all of you that i spend excessive time on the internets with.

rdog, im interested too, but would be more interested in like crashing at the house for a weekend or two/maybe a week, and wouldnt really want a room, just somewhere to crash. i'd be down to throw down some money, but i dont know if i will be in the us at this point, this whole graduation from college thing has skewed my plans to very random possibilties. so kinda throwing it out there if you would be able to accomodate any stragglers, more cuz id like to meet you all and kick it with all of you that i spend excessive time on the internets with.
Yeah, we will have specific prices for everything once we pick out the house and that should include a price for staying on couch/air mattress, etc. I learned my lesson from last year so we aren't going to be reserving spots for anyone without money though. I know lots of people have no clue what their money situation is going to be like 4 or 5 months from now but unfortunately that is just the way we need to do it since we need to protect ourselves.
This had reminded me - I meant to reply to Bull actually, but forgotWas it more, co-ordinated boards that you've not connected with, that you've cut down on Bull, or other things too? Got any examples?
Hmmm..too lazy to find examples right now. I think before the change I was cbetting around 80%. Pretty much everything unless I was getting tricky. Now I factor in a few different things. My hand, flop texture, villains range, and villains fold to cbet%. A coordinated board that I didn't connect at all with is definitely one I won't cbet now. I'll also tend to check with a mediocre hand that has showdown value because, quite simply, I want to show it down and as cheaply as possible. I've started winning a lot more pots with mediocre hands both at showdown and by betting scare cards on the turn or river. It's definitely had a positive impact on my game and all the credit goes to Rdog. I do have to watch myself though. Now I tend to get too attached to some of those mediocre hands that I want to showdown. :club:
Ok, might be done for the Commerce trip. Getting super sleepy at the table so I quit for the night. Might play a little more in the morning before we have to head to the airport. I'm up $11660 overall right now. Weeeeeeeee <3 you Commerce!!Mark
Congrats Mark!Why don't you buy yourself...1) A beautiful painting of some red pears:(See http://www.assiniboia.com/dynamic/artwork_...?ArtworkID=3389)Carl_Schlademan_Come_To_Me_diptych_3389_36.jpg2) A high-tech... Overhead projector!(See http://www.engadget.com/2006/08/30/sonys-p...icially-launch/)pearl_projector.jpg3) An advertising campaign on Salt Lake City's fleet of buses(Ref: http://www.slcgov.com/council/agendas/2003...ril/0401G-2.pdf)I recommend using the side panels of the buses to brag about the money which you made by playing at the Commerce... Just don't bother point out that the advertising campaign itself neutralized all your profits... Or better yet, just put up a big picture of Brandon Cantu getting tased (if and when it finally happens...)Or how about...3) A NEW* CAR!!! (Shouted out as in "the Price is Right")(See http://www.autonet.ca/usedcar/show/car/2167786)ASL-2167786-02e7469f17900f20064ac4d135a1e9c4_full.jpgNotes:*the term "NEW" does not imply that the car is new but that it is a used car which you had previously not owned.
LOL Merby A+ post imo :)I'm going to use the money to buy a house though :)Mark
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! nice work mark and congrats on crushing la
They must have released this album with the following graph in mind:B000000OU0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpgjan26amgk0.jpg
head asplode imo. also F fulltilt. i have been grinding to get iron this month, both so i put in volume and so i could get enough medals for points for the 16gb ipod touch. now it is gone from the store. so, i came up with a clever plan. i will move to europe, so i can buy it from the EURO ftp store. i win full tilt, i win.
Did you ever tell me you were interested? I don't have you down. For how long? Basically we are probably going to book the house this week. Between me, Lobster and Mark, figure out pricing. Hopefully we can put out a calendar showing when spots are available and cost. Have people send me money to book a spot. Hoping to get a big enough place so that everyone that has shown interest can be accommodated. Just really, really hard cause there aren't a ton of really big houses and people tend to keep the one they had for the series from the year before.
I don't know if you wrote me down yet but I'm a definite yes for the house. I'll be there for the first week of the series and then for the main event.

Another one for Napa. This is my day so far.I'm actually $600 over EV now on the month. I was way down in EV for the first 24 days, but the last two I've actually ran pretty hot. Mostly just winning coinflips, but today I definitely got it in pretty bad a number of times.jan262009eveh9.jpgI'm not much for folding when a guy puts in 1/3 of his stack preflop. This isn't the best flop, but whatever. I led tiny just to try to induce a ship. When he makes a small raise, it's either a cheap bluff attempt, or the nuts (or apparently 2nd pair), usually. I dunno, FTCB, I guess. I don't love my play here at all.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($410)Button ($70.10)Preflop: Hero is SB with :club:, :jhButton raises to $6, Hero raises to $21, Button calls $15Flop: ($42) :club:, :3h, :qc(2 players)Hero bets $8, Button raises to $20, Hero raises to $102, Button calls $29.10 (All-In)Turn: ($140.20) :4h(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($140.20) :club:(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $140.20 | Rake: $0.50Results:Button had :3d, :qh (one pair, eights).Hero had :ts, :club: (straight, Queen high).Outcome: Hero won $139.70==============This one was the very first hand of the match, so obv I just didn't believe him.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) ($479.60)SB ($66.55)Preflop: Hero is Button with :club:, :DHero raises to $6, SB raises to $66.55 (All-In), Hero calls $60.55Flop: ($133.10) :D, :5c, :club:(2 players, 1 all-in)Turn: ($133.10) :7s(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($133.10) :((2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $133.10 | Rake: $0.50Results:Hero had :club:, :D (one pair, Aces).SB had :D, :club: (one pair, eights).Outcome: Hero won $132.60