New Challenge (old Challenge)

Month to Date. First 16k is 50nl, the rest if 100nl.Jan1-24.jpgI want to try to get in 30k hands this month. It should be close.

• Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

As requested by Mark, Scott and Josh, here are the pictures from last night's sushi dinner:

Had a SPECTACULAR dinner at some sushi place with Frank (seacucumber), Nutzbuster, and gilbertology.
DSC04577.jpgThis place is called "Sushi Gen" and is one of my favorite restaurants in LA.DSC04581.jpgSweet shrimp (amaebi) with miso soup.DSC04582.jpgAs Yao Ming would say, eat the head!(side note: Not only was Josh carded when he ordered a beer, our sushi chef also told Josh, who is half Asian, to feel free and eat the sushi with his hands when he saw Josh was struggling with chopsticks. Pwned imo :club:)
Then we went to this bar next door called C's Tapas and Wine bar.
DSC04585.jpgScott chilling at THE Jazz bar while thinking about donuts and reflecting on his +$1800 session ... GJ and thanks for dinner, Scott!
Sick place, I highly recommend it to anyone in the LA area.
Also one of my favorite bars in LA. DSC04592.jpg
Say hi to Jaz, the manager. Mmmmm yum :)Mark
QFT and here's Jazz with the boys:DSC04593.jpg:ts
Okay, so since I haven't seen any on here anywhere, I am going to run a Super Bowl Squares pool. $25 a square.1st Quarter- $3502nd Quarter- $7003rd Quarter- $350Final Score- $1100PM or post here and ship money to Stars (RDog7811-City Brea) or FT (RDog7811- City B with a Dog). Gonna try to get most of the squares filled here until I post in general. Will put names in different rows, columns if people buy multiple and will randomize numbers after its full (unless someone knows a program that can randomly select squares for people).
hold a square for me. Ill ship to you tomorrow morning.
text does not convey sarcasm well. are you actually up a ton?
If my Mark translator is correct, that was not sarcasm.
Rdog is correct. My table was once again SOOOOOOOOOO ridiculous. This was a 5/10nl table but essentially turned into a 5/10/20 or 5/10/25 table. There were 4 guys who would blind raise every time. One time one of the guys blind raised to 20, got a slew of callers, one guy makes it 200 more, and the original blind raiser BLIND SHOVES all in for $1100 total. His J6o did not hold vs the other guys AA though.I finished the day up $3500, so I'm up $9000 overall for the 3 days so far.
Holy hell, that is one hot asian!
I didn't think that one was cute at all, but I'm a bad judge obv. The other girl wasn't half bad though relatively :)Mark

Oh I wanted to brag about a hand also:utg raises couple calls, I call in the sb with QQ, bb calls. Flop K67dd, utg leads, folds to me I call, bb calls. Turn is Jc and now I lead out $300 as I had planned if the flush didn't hit. (I was pretty sure utg missed the flop and the bb was on a flush draw) bb tanks for a while and calls, utg folds. I was planning on checking all rivers and calling any non flush card. River is Jh. I check and now bb bets $700 into a $1000 pot. I tank forever because this just seemed like a pretty big bluff for this guy. I was expecting to see about $500 or so. But anyway, finally I call and he says A high and I table the queens and he FLIPS OUT. Was very hilarious. I got the: How can you call with a king out there? about 100 times. haha cause you aren't potting it with KQ you dork! Only hand I was worried about was JTd (I had the Qd)Mark

And I can't believe you took the under, I feel like I have lost peoples faith, what's worse is that you were right. Sigh, fml. I'm flattered that you set the line at 3 though especially when 4 would be almost impossible :ts
Hahahahahaha :club: To be fair, he had first choice and took the over, so I had the under

Brad, I was outside of the Greensburg Wingstop today, almost went in and said "do you know who I am?!"Didn't know that's where it was, I helped that Pearle Vision move to that same plaza when it opened because my dad was in charge of the region.

Rdog - please hold 2 squares for me. I will ship when I'm home tomorrow.I will also post a trip report when I get back tomorrow, which will be fairly boring since all I did was play a billion hours of poker.I will say that I am going home up $3100 plus whatever I might win tomorrow morning before leaving for the airport, but I was down $5,000 for the trip and had an $8,000 upswing in my last 8 hours of play.

Actually, here are a few fun hands from 10/20 today.Hand 1: I raise 47dd to $70 in the CO and get called by an EP limper. The flop is AT6dd and he c/cs a $110 bet saying "I'm just gonna call this one." I ask if that means he'll fold the turn if I bet. The turn is the Jd. He checks, I bet $210 and he c/r to $500. I ask how much he's got back, he says $700, so I shove and he calls with QdTx and rivers a straight FTL.Hand 2: Against the same guy, he limps in EP, 2 more limps, I make it $110 with AJhh and he's the only caller. The flop is JT6 with a heart. He checks, I bet $140, he makes it $400, with 900 back. I ship, he turbo snap calls. Board runs out with turn and river 9s. He shows J9o. Nice hand sir.Hand 3: I'm stuck like $4700 at this point. Laggy guy makes it $110 UTG, UTG+1 calls, I make it $450 total with a $2k stack in MP with pocket tens. The button coldcalls. I know I'm losing. The UTG guy timebanks and finally calls, as does UTG+1. I know I'm losing to UTG also. The flop comes T23hh. UTG and UTG+1 check to me, I just look down at my stack and shove it in knowing that the button AND UTG have overpairs and one is likely to call me. The button timebanks for a long time and shows his pocket kings to his neighbor and mucks. UTG calls the rest with QQ and doesn't win.Hand 4: Two limpers, I make it $110 with T9ss. Both limpers call and we see K56ss. They check and I check too figuring it'll be easier to get paid with a flush if I check here. Turn is 7s. 1st limper checks, 2nd bets $300. We're both like $6k deep, so I don't really wanna raise here cause it makes his life too hard without a flush and I don't wanna get reraised. I think for a minute, recheck my cards, and then call the bet. The river is a 9o. He bets $450 and begrudgingly calls a $700 raise on top with 89cc.

Oh I wanted to brag about a hand also:utg raises couple calls, I call in the sb with QQ, bb calls. Flop K67dd, utg leads, folds to me I call, bb calls. Turn is Jc and now I lead out $300 as I had planned if the flush didn't hit. (I was pretty sure utg missed the flop and the bb was on a flush draw) bb tanks for a while and calls, utg folds. I was planning on checking all rivers and calling any non flush card. River is Jh. I check and now bb bets $700 into a $1000 pot. I tank forever because this just seemed like a pretty big bluff for this guy. I was expecting to see about $500 or so. But anyway, finally I call and he says A high and I table the queens and he FLIPS OUT. Was very hilarious. I got the: How can you call with a king out there? about 100 times. haha cause you aren't potting it with KQ you dork! Only hand I was worried about was JTd (I had the Qd)Mark
vnh - when you say you think the bb was on a draw, was this kinda thing just off seeing previous play, or more body language/tells etc? I've never played cash live before, so am always curious about what decent ppl can pick up

Does anybody know - if you transfer $$ from a rake site, to a new account on a site you've not played on before, does that count as a deposit that you could earn deposit bonus from?

Holy hell, that is one hot asian!
ew no
Rdog is correct. My table was once again SOOOOOOOOOO ridiculous. This was a 5/10nl table but essentially turned into a 5/10/20 or 5/10/25 table. There were 4 guys who would blind raise every time. One time one of the guys blind raised to 20, got a slew of callers, one guy makes it 200 more, and the original blind raiser BLIND SHOVES all in for $1100 total. His J6o did not hold vs the other guys AA though.I finished the day up $3500, so I'm up $9000 overall for the 3 days so far.I didn't think that one was cute at all, but I'm a bad judge obv. The other girl wasn't half bad though relatively :)Mark
you run so good live. And she's def. not cute
Brad, I was outside of the Greensburg Wingstop today, almost went in and said "do you know who I am?!"Didn't know that's where it was, I helped that Pearle Vision move to that same plaza when it opened because my dad was in charge of the region.
LOL....now you know!