• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

Text from Tre last night ~midnight "i just made a drunk decision that you can take down the tremomey owns my soul and no longer finish ur posts like you have been"
Run better.Matt, nice volume.

Is AK syndrome an officially recognised disease yet?Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($18.65)Hero (MP) ($11.40)Button ($10)BB ($5.55)Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 :club:, 10 :tsHero raises to $0.35, Button raises to $1.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.85Flop: ($2.55) 7 :3h, 3 :qh, 8 :5c(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $1.90, Hero raises to $4.75, Button raises to $8.80 (All-In), Hero calls $4.05Turn: ($20.15) 8 :D(3 players, 1 all-in)River: ($20.15) 6 :D(3 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: $20.15 | Rake: $1Results:Button had K :D, A :qh (one pair, eights).Hero had 9 :D, 10 :4h (straight, ten high).Outcome: Hero won $19.15

Aaaaaannnnddddddnd busto. Poker is infact directly related to luck. Because when it decides that whenever you get it in with the over pair on the flop or before, they'll make trips, it doesn't actually matter how skilled you are, apart from perhaps skilled in the way of changing time, because those chips are going to the other side of the table. You could make up for it in those big hands you make, but you won't because your opponets will have nothing. No matter how loose or tight you play, they will have no cards, so it makes no difference. But ocasionally when you do make it to show down with a good hand, you'll find that your opponent has infact made that flush that you never gave him more than 2 to 1 on, or that your opponent who floated you out of position with A high hit his hand or perhaps even better, your full house will get rivered by quads 3 times. When this all lasts for 30 thousand hands, you'll lose your bankroll. Good times. I'll admit I made a few tilt induced moves, but holy shit. Holy shit. That is all.

Aaaaaannnnddddddnd busto. Poker is infact directly related to luck. Because when it decides that whenever you get it in with the over pair on the flop or before, they'll make trips, it doesn't actually matter how skilled you are, apart from perhaps skilled in the way of changing time, because those chips are going to the other side of the table. You could make up for it in those big hands you make, but you won't because your opponets will have nothing. No matter how loose or tight you play, they will have no cards, so it makes no difference. But ocasionally when you do make it to show down with a good hand, you'll find that your opponent has infact made that flush that you never gave him more than 2 to 1 on, or that your opponent who floated you out of position with A high hit his hand or perhaps even better, your full house will get rivered by quads 3 times. When this all lasts for 30 thousand hands, you'll lose your bankroll. Good times. I'll admit I made a few tilt induced moves, but holy shit. Holy shit. That is all.
Sucks to hear :(Were you still 24-tabling the whole time? Session Review etc?Well anyway, I decided to play a quick session before lunch to get back into the swing of things. Nice fucking life.nicelife.png69.44 BB/100 imo
Sucks to hear :(Were you still 24-tabling the whole time? Session Review etc?Well anyway, I decided to play a quick session before lunch to get back into the swing of things. Nice fucking life.69.44 BB/100 imo
I think that looks pretty sustainable!Yeah, I went over my sessions, I made the ocassional stupid move or call, but the pot sizes were generally small (pot control ftw) apart from when I'd gone a little tilty. Where my big money went was getting it in on flops with an overpair only to see my opponent had out flopped me. I only 24 tabled once to see if I could, and profit. I could, but I didn't enjoy the game as much and recently I've just been 4-6 tabling. As my bankroll disappeared I didn't move down just because I couldn't take it seriously and I knew, I KNEW I was playing solid poker, hell I was reviewing my sessions, plugging leaks and watching hours and hours of card runners. It's so SO frustrating. ARGH! I was beating the game nicely, then came this massive stretch that wipes out my bankroll. Seriously, what the hell? Guess I need to go get a job now.On a random note, I'm getting on AIM if anyone is around.
Yeah, I went over my sessions, I made the ocassional stupid move or call, but the pot sizes were generally small (pot control ftw) apart from when I'd gone a little tilty. Where my big money went was getting it in on flops with an overpair only to see my opponent had out flopped me. I only 24 tabled once to see if I could, and profit. I could, but I didn't enjoy the game as much and recently I've just been 4-6 tabling. As my bankroll disappeared I didn't move down just because I couldn't take it seriously and I knew, I KNEW I was playing solid poker, hell I was reviewing my sessions, plugging leaks and watching hours and hours of card runners. It's so SO frustrating. ARGH! I was beating the game nicely, then came this massive stretch that wipes out my bankroll. Seriously, what the hell? Guess I need to go get a job now.On a random note, I'm getting on AIM if anyone is around.
Hey,I know that hearing any kind of criticism at a time like this is really shitty cause of how you are feeling, but I also feel that when you hit some sort of bottom like you've hit, you're looking for someone to say something that will open your eyes or help turn things around.Having just come out of a big downswing myself (longer hand wise and larger in terms of buyins than I thought I was really susceptible to) I know that you want to try and put blame in other places aside from yourself. I know that I ran insanely bad and ran into more coolers than I can really count, but I also know that inbetween those plays, I made mistakes. I wasn't tilting off buyins. I wasn't playing like a moron or anything, but I didn't play as well as I could have. I had a defeatist attitude when I would start losing a few dollars and then the day would spiral downward. The cards even out. I'm responsible for everything else.The fact is that you probably are not or were not playing as well as you thought you were. Sometimes the problem is that you don't really have the skill level to understand the mistakes you're making, or the honesty with yourself to really admit when you played badly. Given that I know nothing about your game, these are just generalized statements.If you had a properly large bankroll for when you were playing your limits, you should not go broke. This is because when you lose a certain portion of it, you drop down and keep plugging away.I mean, whatever happened is done. You can say whatever you want on here. You can say that you never made a mistake and always got your money in correctly. You can say that your opponents made one horrible play after another and that you were on the wrong side of every cooler. That's fine. Say whatever you want here. In reality, go back and look at your hands and maybe it wasn't the big pots where you played badly, but if you lose a whole proper bankroll, you made a lot of mistakes somewhere. Go find those. Go fix them and be brutally honest with yourself about where you played badly. If you're not sure, ask someone. Take overall responsibility for how things play out. If you give the poker universe enough hands, you cooler them just as much as they cooler you. It's your job to have a bankroll to weather that storm and make sure that you're always putting your money into the pot in the other hands when you're supposed to.GL rebuilding. Just be honest with yourself because if you're not, you can basically never progress as a poker player.
When this all lasts for 30 thousand hands, you'll lose your bankroll.
Matt pretty much summed it up but I just wanted to point out this isn't true at all. Not even close to true. Not if you do what you should be doing. The fact is, it can last much longer than that. I have run pretty bad (horrible for much of it) over the last month which includes about 100k hands. Point is, you need to take responsibility somewhere even if that includes not moving down when you should.
Hey,I know that hearing any kind of criticism at a time like this is really shitty cause of how you are feeling, but I also feel that when you hit some sort of bottom like you've hit, you're looking for someone to say something that will open your eyes or help turn things around.Having just come out of a big downswing myself (longer hand wise and larger in terms of buyins than I thought I was really susceptible to) I know that you want to try and put blame in other places aside from yourself. I know that I ran insanely bad and ran into more coolers than I can really count, but I also know that inbetween those plays, I made mistakes. I wasn't tilting off buyins. I wasn't playing like a moron or anything, but I didn't play as well as I could have. I had a defeatist attitude when I would start losing a few dollars and then the day would spiral downward. The cards even out. I'm responsible for everything else.The fact is that you probably are not or were not playing as well as you thought you were. Sometimes the problem is that you don't really have the skill level to understand the mistakes you're making, or the honesty with yourself to really admit when you played badly. Given that I know nothing about your game, these are just generalized statements.If you had a properly large bankroll for when you were playing your limits, you should not go broke. This is because when you lose a certain portion of it, you drop down and keep plugging away.I mean, whatever happened is done. You can say whatever you want on here. You can say that you never made a mistake and always got your money in correctly. You can say that your opponents made one horrible play after another and that you were on the wrong side of every cooler. That's fine. Say whatever you want here. In reality, go back and look at your hands and maybe it wasn't the big pots where you played badly, but if you lose a whole proper bankroll, you made a lot of mistakes somewhere. Go find those. Go fix them and be brutally honest with yourself about where you played badly. If you're not sure, ask someone. Take overall responsibility for how things play out. If you give the poker universe enough hands, you cooler them just as much as they cooler you. It's your job to have a bankroll to weather that storm and make sure that you're always putting your money into the pot in the other hands when you're supposed to.GL rebuilding. Just be honest with yourself because if you're not, you can basically never progress as a poker player.
Thanks Matt, that means a lot, especially coming from you.Time to get some hand reviews and just step away from playing for a while, just review my play this month. Have to convince myself to play seriously when I do start playing again at a lower limit.
I think that looks pretty sustainable!Yeah, I went over my sessions, I made the ocassional stupid move or call, but the pot sizes were generally small (pot control ftw) apart from when I'd gone a little tilty. Where my big money went was getting it in on flops with an overpair only to see my opponent had out flopped me. I only 24 tabled once to see if I could, and profit. I could, but I didn't enjoy the game as much and recently I've just been 4-6 tabling. As my bankroll disappeared I didn't move down just because I couldn't take it seriously and I knew, I KNEW I was playing solid poker, hell I was reviewing my sessions, plugging leaks and watching hours and hours of card runners. It's so SO frustrating. ARGH! I was beating the game nicely, then came this massive stretch that wipes out my bankroll. Seriously, what the hell? Guess I need to go get a job now.On a random note, I'm getting on AIM if anyone is around.
If I recall correctly, the other thing you often did that was big volume wise was that you played marathon sessions, haven't you played for >10 hours a few times? I'd imagine that combined with what Acid said, with a defeatist attitude or anything else, mistakes would just be compounded with playing for so long. I mean I'm guessing that if you played that long, even not 24 tabling, you'd manage 30k hands pretty quick. It might be an idea to post your stats over the losing stretch to see if there's anything some of the players here can pick up. I intend to do this at the end of the month.
Thanks Matt, that means a lot, especially coming from you.Time to get some hand reviews and just step away from playing for a while, just review my play this month. Have to convince myself to play seriously when I do start playing again at a lower limit.
From what I've seen you're playing on pokerstars and putting in some pretty insane volume at microlimits. If you do deposit again, I really think it's a better idea to do it on Full Tilt. 100% deposit bonus plus 27% rakeback provides a very nice buffer when you go on downswings. Just my two cents.
Matt pretty much summed it up but I just wanted to point out this isn't true at all. Not even close to true. Not if you do what you should be doing. The fact is, it can last much longer than that. I have run pretty bad (horrible for much of it) over the last month which includes about 100k hands. Point is, you need to take responsibility somewhere even if that includes not moving down when you should.
Thanks for the input RDog, and yeah it is my fault. In reality I look at my graph and well yeah let me show you...novemberfailwd3.jpgI tilted badly at the massive drop off, then I feel like things got shitty luck wise (but at the same time probably full of erroneous play). I tilt easily, the whole downslope was triggered when I got my money in good a couple of times, lost the hands, and was annoyed at losing my 6k hands work that day that I tilted like a maniac out of pure frustration. I just don't understand how It could of gone so decently in October and then suddenly just turn to crap in November. Something must have changed in my play. But I don't have the skill to identify what.

For my 1000th post, statistics of my failure:VPIP: 13PFR: 11AF: 3CBET: 60%3 Bet: 5%Att to steal: 18%Call PFR: 5.5%Fold to Cbet: 61%W$SD: 55%W$WSF: 42%Call River raise: 75%Call river bet: 36.87%WTSD: 29%Any stats missing? And yeah, I play so damn nitty, I tried to loosen up towards the end of the month, I liked playing looser but my results don't change. I am beginning to think my problem is just making bad calls on the river in big pots as I don't think my stats are out of line?

From what I've seen you're playing on pokerstars and putting in some pretty insane volume at microlimits. If you do deposit again, I really think it's a better idea to do it on Full Tilt. 100% deposit bonus plus 27% rakeback provides a very nice buffer when you go on downswings. Just my two cents.
I was considering this, but then I was told that Supernova is equal to rakback on FTP and you can just buy cash bonuses from the store?

That Cbet% looks ridiculously low, as does your att. to steal. You're missing out on a lot of money by playing so tight imo, especially without cbets. What's your WTSD%? Your W$SD looks high enough that your WTSD% could well be too low.

That Cbet% looks ridiculously low, as does your att. to steal. You're missing out on a lot of money by playing so tight imo, especially without cbets. What's your WTSD%? Your W$SD looks high enough that your WTSD% could well be too low.
Yea, that Cbet should be close to 100%.
Added to my above post.I think my Cbet is ok? I tend to Cbet flops that to my villan would make sense that I hit. I see all this talk of 'The Cbet is over used' too. Constant C betting is just going to make me predictable and therefore exploitable thorough floating and reraising which leaves me struggling to continue the hand.
My CBET % is probably around the same if not lower. You dont have to cbet a lot to win at lower limits.EDIT: Ignore this I didnt see you were 13/11
My CBET % is probably around the same if not lower. You dont have to cbet a lot to win at lower limits.EDIT: Ignore this I didnt see you were 13/11
If you're a typical player I'd encourage you to filter a graph by hands where you raise preflop and bet the flop.