New Challenge (old Challenge)

fcuk this shitFirst proper session back. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($8.65)MP ($2.95)CO ($21.05)Button ($11.20)SB ($10.60)BB ($10)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7diamond.gif, 7club.gif. Hero raises to $0.3, MP calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20.Flop: ($1.15) 7heart.gif, Kspade.gif, 4heart.gif(4 players)BB bets $0.8, Hero calls $0.80, MP folds, CO calls $0.80.Turn: ($3.55) 6diamond.gif(3 players)BB bets $2.5, Hero calls $2.50, CO folds.River: ($8.55) 9diamond.gif(2 players)BB bets $5.1, Hero calls $5.05 (All-In).Final Pot: $18.75BB shows :D:club: (three of a kind, nines).Hero has :ts:D (three of a kind, sevens)The fact that mouse movents and all that bollocks has stuff to do with this hsit happening only makes me wanna stop playing online more.======post-steam: Should I raise at some point here?
I didn't see your comment and I was just gonna write: pleasefortheloveofGodraisesomewherenexttime
  • Replies 61.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoSup4U

• RDog

• bull62

• Jordan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nobody like you, so you get lost.

Posted Images

I was playing $1/$2 at the Venetian on Saturday night. I call a $12 raise in the SB with J-9oThe flop comes 8-10-2 with two diamonds, I bet out $20 and both players call.The turn is a Qh, I bet $70 and after the second guy calls, I get this puzzled look on my face and say "What the hell did I get myself into?"The river is a non diamond Ace and I shove in for $300+. The first guy folds and the second guy agonizes for 5 minutes and then calls. He slams down A-Jo and said he caught my bluff.Shirley Williams (David's mom) came to the table and played inbetween runs to the ATM. She leads out and bets $10 and there are 4 callers to me on the button, I call with Kd-2d and the flop is K-K-2. She bet it all the way to the river and I took 3/4 of her stack. She didn't like it when one player asked her if she was that Tiffany Williamson from tv.
lol

still in...barely50k chips going into 1k/2k/200table calmed down a bit and i completely took over. felt good to own a table like that. then made a bad bluff which ended up costing me 50k. i wanna write about it later, because i am kinda comflicted about it. but looking back, i think it was pretty bad. oh well. i was really tilted after that, and was feeling myself start to just give up. i was down to 30k, and not happy. i just kinda realized that i was playing for a lot of money, and had to get over it. i told the guy nice call, which was hard for me at the time...and then i started playing well again. i made an ace high calldown for like 20k which was sick. and then started to take over. got coolered a couple times for 20k....so ya, i feel good going into tomorrow. hopefully i get a good table draw. i think thats gonna be really key for me. i played with raymend rahme at the end...el oh el.Jesse

still in...barely50k chips going into 1k/2k/200table calmed down a bit and i completely took over. felt good to own a table like that. then made a bad bluff which ended up costing me 50k. i wanna write about it later, because i am kinda comflicted about it. but looking back, i think it was pretty bad. oh well. i was really tilted after that, and was feeling myself start to just give up. i was down to 30k, and not happy. i just kinda realized that i was playing for a lot of money, and had to get over it. i told the guy nice call, which was hard for me at the time...and then i started playing well again. i made an ace high calldown for like 20k which was sick. and then started to take over. got coolered a couple times for 20k....so ya, i feel good going into tomorrow. hopefully i get a good table draw. i think thats gonna be really key for me. i played with raymend rahme at the end...el oh el.Jesse
GOGOGOGOGOGO JESSE
gl keep playing well.
RDog, I can see arguments for flatting AA pre in a spot like this, but with these stack sizes I really don't think it's a good play. If you were 100-120bb deep then I like it, but being 175bb deep, I think flatting AA here is a bad play because there are so many bad spots we can get into. Right here with AA I'm looking to get as much money into the pot as quickly as I can because it makes the hand much much easier to play on the flop if our 4-bet gets called.As played, I think I flatcall flop and reevaluate turn. We're only getting action on flop from hands that either have us absolutely crushed or slightly behind in a race. It's a really ugly spot, but I think calling is much better than raising/shoving this flop.
Cold 4 betting by a 20/17 (me) in this spot basically turns my hand face up, especially given stack sizes. Given that opener was fishy, my options pretty much were winning a small pot by cold 4 betting or calling, hoping fish came along as well and giving myself a chance to win a really big pot. Even though I got into a really sticky spot in this situation........I think long term..........calling> 4 betting. I might 4 bet some of the time but I think a very large majority of the time I am flatting here. It makes it much more difficult to play post flop because I haven't defined to Villain that I have a monster but I still think its more profitable.
Agree totally. I hate to sound like a jerk, but I don't think any of us are talented enough to play AA this way preflop and make the optimal decisions on the later streets.
You don't sound like a jerk but I think you are wrong. At 200 I think I am good enough to flat and then make optimal decisions on later streets, especially with position. Sometime today I will reveal the outcome of the hand.
Cold 4 betting by a 20/17 (me) in this spot basically turns my hand face up, especially given stack sizes. Given that opener was fishy, my options pretty much were winning a small pot by cold 4 betting or calling, hoping fish came along as well and giving myself a chance to win a really big pot. Even though I got into a really sticky spot in this situation........I think long term..........calling> 4 betting. I might 4 bet some of the time but I think a very large majority of the time I am flatting here. It makes it much more difficult to play post flop because I haven't defined to Villain that I have a monster but I still think its more profitable.
Definitely more profitable if you can make the right decisions all the time. I just think we're stuck in such bad spots so often that a 4 bet will be more profitable since we make more mistakes this way. Just my opinion though.
Definitely more profitable if you can make the right decisions all the time. I just think we're stuck in such bad spots so often that a 4 bet will be more profitable since we make more mistakes this way. Just my opinion though.
I'm not worried about getting put in bad spots as much I am trying to put a lolreg in really bad spots. I'm pretty confident that even playing my hand tricky I am going to make less mistakes than most of my opponents post flop, especially when I have position.
I'm not worried about getting put in bad spots as much I am trying to put a lolreg in really bad spots. I'm pretty confident that even playing my hand tricky I am going to make less mistakes than most of my opponents post flop, especially when I have position.
I take offense to that
There's honestly nothing there to suggest it's anything but variance.One thing that would help is looking at your PokerEV graphs for each limit. You have a great basis to work from with good samples from the limits below and above. PokerEV should tell you if you are playing differently, or running somewhat good/bad. This is the quickest way of comparing your playing style, because the graphs can look very different.The other useful thing you can look at is your position stats for each limit, but given that your steal% and blind fold to steal stats are the same, I'd say your overall position stats will probably be the same too.If you don't want to post all your detailed stats then you could PM/email me and I'll have a look over them.
Don't have PokerEV and can't get it to work. I have a feeling it's just running bad , but the number of hands is semi significant. here are my position stats. 25nldeleted50nldeleted100nldeletedEdit: looks like I'm calling in position too much, anyone see anything else?
I was playing $1/$2 at the Venetian on Saturday night. I call a $12 raise in the SB with J-9oThe flop comes 8-10-2 with two diamonds, I bet out $20 and both players call.The turn is a Qh, I bet $70 and after the second guy calls, I get this puzzled look on my face and say "What the hell did I get myself into?"The river is a non diamond Ace and I shove in for $300+. The first guy folds and the second guy agonizes for 5 minutes and then calls. He slams down A-Jo and said he caught my bluff.Shirley Williams (David's mom) came to the table and played inbetween runs to the ATM. She leads out and bets $10 and there are 4 callers to me on the button, I call with Kd-2d and the flop is K-K-2. She bet it all the way to the river and I took 3/4 of her stack. She didn't like it when one player asked her if she was that Tiffany Williamson from tv.
LOL!!!
Don't have PokerEV and can't get it to work. I have a feeling it's just running bad , but the number of hands is semi significant. here are my position stats. 25nl50nl100nlEdit: looks like I'm calling in position too much, anyone see anything else?
There's nothing there. Your PT stats are ok all round. There's not enough difference between the three sets of stats to signify anything.PokerEV would really help. What problem are you having with it? Maybe I can find a solution.
further proof that i am not good enough.
LOL :(it's actually more as a result of me wanting the person I stake to be closer to me.The major pro, is that. The major con, is at my finger tips, I have exposure to a bunch of guys who already play the game and may be on a certain level already. Yet I won't be able to be in as good contact with you, so something gets lost in translation.That being said, no guarentee I'm going to find anyone doing recruiting this way either...but the college group is what I'm looking for (more than anything), and I'm hoping to also be able to really train someone and get them thinking about the game, not just technically, but mentally/emotionally/psychologically better as well. I think I could do that over the internet, but I'd rather do it in person and be able to monitor progress better.But, we'll see. I might not get any feedback from this.- Jordan

Ok, Teddy and Mark and whoever else was commenting on the hand, now what...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)BB ($9.95)Hero ($15.75)MP ($10.75)CO ($4)Button ($4)SB ($18.35)Preflop: Hero is UTG with kc.gif, qs.gif. Hero raises to $0.35, MP calls $0.35, 2 folds, SB calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25.Flop: ($1.40) 6h.gif, qd.gif, 2s.gif(4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.1, MP folds, SB folds, BB raises to $2.4, Hero calls $1.30.Turn: ($6.20) qc.gif(2 players)BB bets $3.4, Hero ?????????

king he has a lot of his stack in there and you have trips. In case he is bluffing, I'd prob just call and hope he shoves river. There is value to a shove (he'll have QT/QJ here some) but he's also shoving river if he has one of those, so you really don't gain anything by shoving here imo. I'd just call and get all in on the river.Generally...- Jordan

king he has a lot of his stack in there and you have trips. In case he is bluffing, I'd prob just call and hope he shoves river. There is value to a shove (he'll have QT/QJ here some) but he's also shoving river if he has one of those, so you really don't gain anything by shoving here imo. I'd just call and get all in on the river.Generally...- Jordan
There's nothing there. Your PT stats are ok all round. There's not enough difference between the three sets of stats to signify anything.PokerEV would really help. What problem are you having with it? Maybe I can find a solution.
can you get it to run under wine/mono in Linux? I'm going leave the stats up for about another hour then take them down if anyone else wants to comment.

the most profitable move in pokercheck-raise bluff to induce a bluff!Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $5/$106 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $380UTG+1: $1176.55CO: $1010Button: $1346Hero: $1593BB: $1000Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T :ts J :D2 folds, CO raises to $40, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.Flop: Q :club: 5 :4h 8 :D ($90, 2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $70, Hero raises to $240, CO raises to $420, Hero raises all-in $1553, CO folds.Uncalled bets: $1133 returned to Hero. Results:Final pot: $930

the most profitable move in pokercheck-raise bluff to induce a bluff!Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $5/$106 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $380UTG+1: $1176.55CO: $1010Button: $1346Hero: $1593BB: $1000Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T :ts J :D2 folds, CO raises to $40, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.Flop: Q :club: 5 :4h 8 :D ($90, 2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $70, Hero raises to $240, CO raises to $420, Hero raises all-in $1553, CO folds.Uncalled bets: $1133 returned to Hero. Results:Final pot: $930
YOU CRAZY!
you are clinically insane.can we get a YTD graph :5c