Just Got Done Watching Annette Win A 100 On Stars

I still think you are under estimating the skill it takes but what do I know...
Possibly, but what's the science of it? They have the $ to play crazy like that. We only hear about the times they make it deep in tourneys, rather than the dozens of tourneys they bust out of because their "strategy" didn't work out. I'm betting rebuy tourneys are their preferred entry.
yep, annette's obv just a suckout artist donk.eye roll.
Nobody said that's all she is, but there's no question that this style relies on a larger amount of luck than a TAG style does.
Nobody said that's all she is, but there's no question that this style relies on a larger amount of luck than a TAG style does.
yes. there is a question. or questions.how many times per tourney do you think that her playing in the manner she does prevents someone from stealing her blind? or raising her on a bluff? or playing back at her when she's bluffing? or trying to trap her and allowing her to make a better hand and losing all their chips? or allowing her to take a coinflip for all her opponent's chips but not hers?it's an incredibly difficult style to play well. let's not assume it necessarily requires more luck than playing tag.
yes. there is a question. or questions.how many times per tourney do you think that her playing in the manner she does prevents someone from stealing her blind? or raising her on a bluff? or playing back at her when she's bluffing? or trying to trap her and allowing her to make a better hand and losing all their chips? or allowing her to take a coinflip for all her opponent's chips but not hers?it's an incredibly difficult style to play well. let's not assume it necessarily requires more luck than playing tag.
Yes, these actions make it diffcult to get a proper read on Annette, et al. At the same time, it's often more difficult for Annette to get a read on whether or not someone will reshove on her. When you're talking about 15 to 30 seconds to complete a move, it doesn't leave much time to decide. Perhaps a lot of people fold like a tent to their pushes, because you never truly know if they have AA or 89s.I guess what I'm getting at is that this "style" is much more difficult to quantify than TAG or whatever. While I won't dispute that it's difficult to play successfully, I fully maintain that it's success is largely due to volume and luck. And would it make anyone feel better if I changed the word "luck" to "variance"?
I'll say what I think about Annette and BeLoW and we'll see if I get any support or if someone has something else to say on the matter...It's my opinion that they both came from a position of having a decent sized BR to begin with. I din't know what their cash table experience is, but here's my take on their MTT "skillz":::snip rest::
Slightly off on BeLoW's roots, but not so much that your 'theory' doesn't apply. Annette just started owning the UB small buy ins, and worked her way up.I don't have much to add to the analysis of the two and their volume of play that hasn't been said already. Obviously the more you play, the more results you are going to put up, but like others have said that doesn't take away from either's talent. Tmay played every single tournament online it seemed for a few months and was #1, but has been playing mostly live since and doing quite well. He also is much more TAG then the two of them, so that means it's not only LAG/high volume players that are capable of putting up a lot of results.I've played much more w/ Kevin and have a lot of respect for his game (even if I see him make questionable moves/calls). I've seen (and been involved in) some strange plays by Annette, but on closer examination I can never fault her reasoning/logic.

Thanks, Patrick. Your response adds some good perspective. Just to be perfectly clear, any view that I may state is far from fully informed. I'm just trying to get a grip on what constitutes successful strategy and why, as well as figuring out what's behind a wide variety of player styles.

It's her enormous butt that has enough room to carry an oversize horseshoe... I'm serious....you see that girl waist up, it's the cutest thing ever... then she turns around and your thoughts turn to sex immediately...butt secks that is... :D
haha well done :club:
I'll say what I think about Annette and BeLoW and we'll see if I get any support or if someone has something else to say on the matter...It's my opinion that they both came from a position of having a decent sized BR to begin with. I din't know what their cash table experience is, but here's my take on their MTT "skillz":They each play a crazy style, so I think each of them got lucky and cashed for good money in a big tourney, with a combo of solid play and some serious sucking out. This gives them the BR to enter a brazillion MTT's and play like retards. As often as not, they are not going to care about the specific tourney they lpay in. Rather, they are counting on the volume they play to net them some more coin. If they bust out of one 100$ tourney, they move quickly on to the next. Their style will net them some huge stacks early if they get lucky and then they probably switch to a more selective style, as they have a very specific image. This causes other people to underestimate them later in tourneys, hence, they pick up more stackage from the people who shove on them when they have good hands.It's a style and it works, but it requires lotsa money and a high vol;ume of playing time.My opinion.
she didnt start off like that. she claims to have cashed in a freeroll for about 20 dollars, and now that has turned into numerous mtt wins since. so she has worked pretty fukin hard to get where she is. still an ugly tard though.
I'll have to get back to you on that one. ;)You're just pissed off because it's V-Day and Royal isn't around.
Who needs him anyway? I have new "friends" in the Sick thread. You haven't lived until you've had Bizzle shake his moneymaker at you while wearing nothing but a speedo, goggles, and a laptop.