playing suited connectors that skip a spot.

I'm reffering to 5-7, 6-8, 7-9, etc.I actually preffer these to 5-6, 6-7, etc.The reason why is cause you get less obvious straight draws. ex.a board of 6,4, 9. and you hold a 5-7.you have 8 outs but its less obvious to the average player you could be on a straight draw. if you play a 5-6 and the board is 78A. You can get action from the ace, however they might look at the board and count to a straight in there head.the first board looks like complete garbage, the second one suggests a straight draw alot more.

People call them 'gappers,' and they are nice hands to have in NL, generally crap in limit.I love playing those hands in late position during NL tournaments, they can be quite profitable. Our gracious host makes a living off them.

well i dont know the exact terminology but i'll call them gappers.I just had a 10-4 gapper!board of 678, and I have eight outs to a straight.I'll played this out of the BB i'm not completely nuts, but i did bet into the pot and picked it up.gotta be carefully and make sure nobody is drawing to a higher straight though.

The deception is that they often look like you were drawing the gut shot, and people don't believe it when they hit, however, connectors are better since they have more ways to make the straight...CN = connectorsCN x x x , x CN x x, x x CN x, x x x CN1-gappers:take 5 7, only has 3 ways4 5 6 7 8, 5 6 7 8 9, 3 4 5 6 7 2-gappers, 5 8, only has 2 ways5 6 7 8 9, 4 5 6 7 83-gappers or cappers, only have 1 way: 5 95 6 7 8 9.

I could be wrong, but ...isn't it the not skipping a spot that makes it a "connector"?Otherwise it would be a one gap, two gap, etc.
Depends on who you talk to. Daniel Negreanu is probably of the school that refers to hands as no-gap, one-gap, or two-gap connectors. Loosely speaking, connectors are hands that give you a chance to make you a straight. That includes three-gap connectors, which have the liability of never making you the nut straight unless you have ace-ten.
I could be wrong, but ...isn't it the not skipping a spot that makes it a "connector"?Otherwise it would be a one gap, two gap, etc.
Depends on who you talk to. Daniel Negreanu is probably of the school that refers to hands as no-gap, one-gap, or two-gap connectors. Loosely speaking, connectors are hands that give you a chance to make you a straight. That includes three-gap connectors, which have the liability of never making you the nut straight unless you have ace-ten.
Daniel says that suited connecters are any two suited cards that can make a straight.

OK, that makes sense. I still like my suited no-gaps, though. I'll play suited 1 gap, but I need to be on the button or in the blinds to play 2 or 3 gappers like Q 8 or K 10. Those never seem to work out for me as far as making a straight.

I put a guy out of a tourney last night with 6h 8h to his AKs knew my six was good on the flop and he bluffed all in on river. He cussed me for 5 min from the rail. He got no reply.