folding a nut flush draw w/ two overs.

ha I got a good possiblity of what he had!pocket eights!this makes since because this what i might do with eights especially short stacked and playing with a wild image.cause this way someone with a four would clearly call him.although it seems odd to do that with a big full boat.nevermind, i still dont know what he had!

I just saw the bet was $17 into a $2 pot, there's no reason to call a ridiculous bet like that. If you thought the guy had a four (which is likely in an unraised pot, which is why you raise), then it was a good fold. I agree with you here post-flop except the only different is I would have raised pre-flop and then I would have called.

I see guys do this all the time, not to be judgemental or anything but this is either poor thinking or incorrect writing of the hand. This flush draw is not the "nut" flush draw, I really hope you aren't thinking this way and you just wrote nut down by mistake. A flush draw once the board pairs is no longer the nuts as obviously any full house or four of a kind beats your flush DRAW. I don't know if many players see this, I hope they do, but you could be drawing nearly dead. I know you can't be thinking you are beat all the time, that's not what I'm saying, just remember to remind yourself that it's possible, proceed with caution. Am I reading too much into this, is this an obvious point? :club:
He did have the NUT flush draw. He did not say he had the nuts or was drawing to the nuts. He had the nut draw of a flush, it makes perfect sense.
AQ has just caused me nothing but trouble and now i play it like a little girl. Doyle's always folding AQ, maybe I should just start doing that.
Playing a hand as good as AQ weakly is just that, weak play, not winning play.

i believe he hit his fours and that he bet big so that you would lay down the flush draw. there doesn't seem to be any logical reason for any player, even the worst player, to push that much at a without a 4 in this hand, because he must know if he gets called he's already beat. I like the fold here. Even though I might have called myself to again try to teach myself the lesson of not playing AQ. You know what they call it.

Limping with AQ can be fine in certain situations, depenind on how good you are, if its suited, your table position, etc.I like to limp with AQ sometimes, if i'm on the button and there's either no limpers or just one.To say you have to raise AQ all the time is silly.

Limping with AQ can be fine in certain situations, depenind on how good you are, if its suited, your table position, etc.I like to limp with AQ sometimes, if i'm on the button and there's either no limpers or just one.To say you have to raise AQ all the time is silly.
Why limp on the button, especially if there are no limpers or just one? Explain yourself...
Why limp on the button, especially if there are no limpers or just one? Explain yourself...
Why not? Are you putting anyone who limps on the button with AQ? And if its suited I'm even more likely to limp.I don't do it everytime, I don't do anything all the time in the same situation, I like to keep people guessing.

i hate AQ... it might be the hand that has gotten me most in trouble and to be honest, when i'm dealt AQ, i really do turn into a pretty passive player for that hand unless i hit the nuts. :cry: death to leaks