one big bet an hour

Nice to see a pack of losers throw up Smash as there great leader and expert of poker knowledge. All anyone does here is "flame" each other because nobody wants to hear anyone else's opinions, no matter what they say. You all want to spend you nothing lives arguing about low limit holdem and bragging when you make some "amazing" play that you are super proud of cause it finally worked.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically you're saying that BB/100 should go up at a shorthanded table because sh.itty players play shorthanded? I mean that's game selection..Theoretically, it doesn't matter. Your personal belief is that BB/100 goes up shorthanded because you've seen worse opponents there. That's like saying "your BB/100 will go up in live play compared to online play, because people are worse in person". Theoretically, it won't. The cards fall just the same live as they do online. But we all believe (know) 3/6 live is a helluva lot softer than 3/6 online.The OP's question was should your BB/100 be adjusted for shorthanded play, and the answer is no, it shouldn't. If his question was: "are people who play shorthaned crappier than people who play 9-handed?", then you may be correct. I think the OP was wondering if BB/100 is related to hands won/100, which it isn't. Likewise, is't not related to hands lost/100 either. No correlation whatsoever. The net BB/100 won't change, unless you are better at shorthanded play, or you happen to be sitting at a very soft game. I do see the point you are trying to make though. I just don't think it was the OP's dilemma.

I have admitted I was wrong. You can go ahead and look up my posts, one recent example is when we were discussing Muslim attitudes towards Bin Laden (I'm sure you remember that thread). Go ahead and give me an example of when you admitted you were wrong.There are probably hundreds.  If you offer me cash or something, I'm sure I could find you ten.On the other hand, having nothing to prove to someone randonmly attacking me peronsally about things that are prima facie false beyond any doubt, I don't think I'm goign to bother.  If you want to pay me, let me know.You really have problems. At this point I feel bad for you (and your poor wife). I hope for your sake that this is just a character you are playing, or are just messing around. I refuse to believe that any normal human could be so high and mighty about poker strategy.Ok, it's time to thank me for being a moron and proving your point.Probably time to stop lying about not responding anymore too. Filthy liar.  You may as well ahve said you weren't going to post here anymore and then come back.  Twice.
For all you Smash haters out there...This is why he's fun to have around. Self Deprication is a lost art form. :-)

That's like saying "your BB/100 will go up in live play compared to online play, because people are worse in person".Theoretically, it won't. The cards fall just the same live as they do online. But we all believe (know) 3/6 live is a helluva lot softer than 3/6 online. For argument's sake lets just say that 3/6 live IS softer than 3/6 online, becuae on average they are.If you strictly play the 3/6 live for a year, your bb/100 should be significantl;y higher than your bb/100 at the online game because the players are worse. 1) You win money at poker by capitilizing on your opponents mistakes. 2) If they make more mistakes, than you will make more money. 3) The more money you make, the higher your bb/100 will be.Jfarrell, how can you possibly say that your bb/100 will be the same at a tough table than it will be at an easy table?

That's like saying "your BB/100 will go up in live play compared to online play, because people are worse in person".Theoretically, it won't. The cards fall just the same live as they do online. But we all believe (know) 3/6 live is a helluva lot softer than 3/6 online. For argument's sake lets just say that 3/6 live IS softer than 3/6 online, becuae on average they are.If you strictly play the 3/6 live for a year, your bb/100 should be significantl;y higher than your bb/100 at the online game because the players are worse.  1)   You win money at poker by capitilizing on your opponents mistakes.  2)  If they make more mistakes, than you will make more money.  3)  The more money you make, the higher your bb/100 will be.Jfarrell, how can you possibly say that your bb/100 will be the same at a tough table than it will be at an easy table?
I'm not saying it won't. But that is Game Selection. It's a difference. What the OP was referring to had nothing to do with game selection. He just wondered if your BB/100 goes up shorthanded. No, it doesn't. Unless you're getting less raked pots. OR if you personally play better shorthanded. People are mistaking pots-won/100 for $-won/100. It is two totally different things. Your winning more money at 3/6 live than at 3/6 online has more to do with the players at the live tables being drunk tourists, and the internet players being young college kids trying to make money so that they can become drunk tourists in a few years. But to say that "your BB/100 goes up when you play live" is a gross mis-statement. As is "your BB/100 goes up shorthanded"How are you people not getting this?

Well my bb/100 DOES go up at 6-Max tables. JFarrel I think you're just mixing and matching a few ideas.if you can make more money sitting 6-max because its a weaker field, and 6-max Certainly is, people overplay everything in 6-max. Why not sit in a softer game? The softer the game, the higher the bb/100. So in saying that, on AVERAGE, your bb/100 will go Up playing 6-max, because on AVERAGE the 6-max tables are simply not played as well as the 10-max.A lot of things go into this, most have been explained already, People simply don't know enough about SH play to be as good as Full-Tables. You learn your starting requirements for a 10-max table, I'd say 99% of the poker players learn how to play 10-max first online. Maybe im a little off, But it's gotta be close. Because of this, the average 10-max player is better equipped for a Ring game than the average 6-max player. People don't read, watch, learn about 6-max nearly as much.I don't really understand why your bb/100 wouldn't go up if you're playing weaker opponents. Yes it is Game Selection, its choosing 6-max over 10-max Because of the simple fact that the field is much weaker.I've got wayyyyyy too many hands logged in 10-max, but I've also bot 12k logged in 6-max tables, and guess what? I average a higher bb/100 in the 6-max table.