Hotel Selection For Wsop

I plan on playing at this year's WSOP. I would like to get the opinions of any player that was there last year and where they stayed. (the good, the bad and the ugly). I am considering three possible options: The Rio. I would stay there because it's where the tournament is being held. (Duh) On the plus side, it would be very convenient. But on the minus side, I'm assuming it's a mad house. I'm also considering the Palms or the Gold Coast. Finally, I was considering the strip. Caesar's or another hotel.If anyone could shed some light on this subject, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,Joe

I plan on playing at this year's WSOP. I would like to get the opinions of any player that was there last year and where they stayed. (the good, the bad and the ugly). I am considering three possible options: The Rio. I would stay there because it's where the tournament is being held. (Duh) On the plus side, it would be very convenient. But on the minus side, I'm assuming it's a mad house. I'm also considering the Palms or the Gold Coast. Finally, I was considering the strip. Caesar's or another hotel.If anyone could shed some light on this subject, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance,Joe
Just stay at the Rio, good prices and you dont have to worry about driving anywhere.

If you're planning on playing poker most of the time and are only there for a week or less, stay at the Rio. Convenience, decent rates, etc. If you're staying for the entire month+ rent a house or something. If you are planning on spending lots of time not playing poker, then stay on the strip.

If you are looking for a great deal, consider the Gold Coast. I stayed there for 11 days during last year's wsop at an average of less than $50 per night. The room was clean and had a good tv. The bathroom was small. It's a great location -- within a few minutes walk of the RIO. The poker room had good games going on every night, with a mixture of wsop players, dealers, and media types. If I go to the wsop this year, I'll definitely try to stay there again.However, if money isn't an issue and you like really nice rooms, I think you should consider the RIO or Palms, although I can't give you much info on them.

How much does it normally cost to rent a house for a month??

Flight booked and room at the Gold Coast is reserved for 5 night stay!!

Flight booked and room at the Gold Coast is reserved for 5 night stay!!
If you're going to be playing a lot, just stay at the RIO. It's pretty crazy, but not that crazy....the place is huge.I always think the $129 week day poker room rate at the Wynn is pretty tough to beat.
In my Vegas lifetime I have stayed at pretty much every major hotel.The question of importance is what's your budget? Imperial is the best cheapie that's right on the strip across from Caesars. Don't have a room on the first floor and you'll be fine.You can't go wrong with Venetian, Wynn, Caesars or Bellagio (no particular order).If you're anywhere on the strip there are plenty of nearby shuttles to get to the Rio for free so I wouldn't worry about that part.GL