Daniel's January Cash

Daniel said in his blog today that:"With two cashes adding up to just a little over half a million, I'd say that the trip was well worth it"According to my math, it should be just over 1.1 million. What gives?Hey DN, did you sell half your action? Just curious.

His other final table was in December.here is whats up at cardplayer2007 World Poker Open (WPT)No-Limit Hold'em Championship Event 20 01/25/2007 2 $502,691.00 2007 Pokerstars.com Caribbean Adventure (WPT)No-Limit Hold'em Championship 01/10/2007 130 $11,797.00

Ok, so I made a stupid mistake. I was including the Five Diamond because I was thinking it was in early January.So he didn't make over a million in one month, he actually is averaging over 500k PER month.The second one actually sounds more impressive to me. Anyway, well done DN! You called it...you did it!

Ok, so I made a stupid mistake. I was including the Five Diamond because I was thinking it was in early January.So he didn't make over a million in one month, he actually is averaging over 500k PER month.The second one actually sounds more impressive to me. Anyway, well done DN! You called it...you did it!
500k sounds more impressive than one million?either way you right that it is impressive
500k sounds more impressive than one million?either way you right that it is impressive
It's a million either way. But you could win one tournament in one month for a million. Or you could reach two final tables over two months and hit 2nd place and 3rd place and make a million. I think it's more of a challenge to make two final tables and almost hit twice. So yeah, 500k per month over four tournaments would be a better show of poker skill than hitting one tournament win and busting the other three. Consistency in the current poker world is the true sign of skill. You gotta give it to the guy. He went out with a mission and he hit it. So I say again, congrats DN!

How on Earth does he do it? I mean I know there are a lot of good players out there but consistency on the tournament circuit is a muthaf*cka! PS. I was at Borgata Sunday, during the main event, saw Matusow, World, Seed, few others, anyone some of the buzz in the room was that DN and a few others were involved in a 1K-2K NL HE game. I dont know if it's true but that is absolutely enormous!! Any truth Dan?

I have to say....very impressive Daniel. After being so down and depressed from not doing well at the Pokerstars/ WPT tourney down in the Caribbean, questioning how much time you've devoted to the Big Guy upstairs....then to rise up so soon after that (maybe less than a week?) and kick arse in Tunica like you did and barely miss taking down another title ($500k ain't too shabby either). From what you wrote...you didn't really make any mistakes @ the Borgata either...just wasn't meant to be, plus missing a big chunk of it cuz there wasn't much time to recover b/w Tunica and AC couldn't have helped much either. I applaud you...I knew there was a reason why you're my fave pro player. Keep kicking a$$ Danny boy!!! :club:

515k-115k(australia tournament losses)-travel expences(that private jet to ac wasnt cheap)=more than i make in more than 5years :club:
515K - tournament losess (every tournament he enetered in, mind you) - taxes - travel expenses - representation - paying your assistant - other radom things I'm sure I'm forgetting = A lot less than you think.
515K - tournament losess (every tournament he enetered in, mind you) - taxes - travel expenses - representation - paying your assistant - other radom things I'm sure I'm forgetting = A lot less than you think.
But still a lot more than MOST of us are making in a year!