Live Sit N Goes Consistant Cashing?

If you are learning your poker from TV, you are going to continue to lose a lot of money.
Reading comprehension could work for you. I listed a few different things. You don't think the advice pros like daniel say on different poker talk shows is good advice? Doyle Brunson not a worthy source of knowlege? Not to mention the whole part about that I'm up in all four of my real poker sessions, and then you say "continue to lose money" I"m not talking about online poker now. Good try at your negative comment though. This thread isn't for people like you, It's for people to weigh in that have LIVE poker experience and can give me some of their experiences.
the rake is 17.5% I assume you guys are talking about the amount thats not in the prize pool. It's $825 out of the $1000 for the 100 dollar tourneys. Is this bad?
Yeah, that is pretty steep, but I have seen worse. Online it is mostly 10%, so compared to that you lose a certain percentage of your ROI to the rake, (if you tip the dealers with your winnings even more). It can be overcome, I guess, depending on the level of play and your own strength, but with a structure as fast as what you described, I'm not sure how big your edge could be. Seems like variance would be pretty high in that game as well.My advise would be: If you have fun playing these games, play them, but don't plan on being able to pay your bills with your winnings.
Yeah, that is pretty steep, but I have seen worse. Online it is mostly 10%, so compared to that you a certain percentage of your ROI to the rake, (if you tip the dealers with your winnings even more). It can be overcome, I guess, depending on the level of play and your own strength, but with a structure as fast as what you described, I'm not sure how big your edge could be. Seems like variance would be pretty high in that game as well.My advise would be: If you have fun playing these games, play them, but don't plan on being able to pay your bills with your winnings.
well the thing is i was thinking i could continue to build so i can play the 200 next. and soo on... and be able to afford the big multi tourneys where the prizes are for thousands instead of hundreds.. the highest single table tourney is 1050 buy in with 5k for first. I don't think i'd ever put up that kind of money for a buy in though.

Oh I was reading a topic on here about people completely bashing people for making bad plays or fish or whatever... which reminds me.. they do this crap in live game too. I don't want people telling eachother at my table how bad they play and crap.. why would they do this in a real tourney when they aren't even knocked out??? I was getting pissed when this guy kept calling another a fish.. and saying how everyone is kamikazee with their all in's. I'd prefer if the people just played that way and didn't get a damn lesson in how to play right in the middle of me trying to make money.

not too fond of blind structure. its 1500 chips blinds start at 50/100 so only 15x BB
Ugh. If you start in the BB, you'll lose 1/10 of your stack 2 hands later. I hate to rain on your parade, but enjoy it while you can. Luck is going to be a huge factor in this type of structure, as it leaves you with just about 2 choices - all-in or fold. One of these days, variance is going to rear it's ugly head, so just make sure you're ready for it.

Live poker is for suckers. I have 3 B&M poker rooms within 30 minutes from me and I'm about 90 minutes from the biggest and best rooms in the world in LA...and I will never go back as long as I can play online. Sitting there playing 30 hands an hour with a huge rake is stupid. And then you need to tip the dealer whenever you win a pot...and you have to tip the cashier..and the vallet...and pay for gas money to get there. Why put yourself through that when you can play online from home?

I haven't played live SNGs yet, but that's all I play online as I have proven to myself that I can beat them consistently. I used to play Pacific Poker, where the play was horrible. I kept track of my results very closely and after playing about 75 tourneys ($5.50, 10 players), I cashed 57% of the time and won first place about 25% of the time. Then Pacific outlawed U.S. players. :club: so I was semi-retired but recently started a Neteller account, paid the ridiculous 8.9% fee on about $200, then put $50 into Pokerstars. I was going to play a few different sites until I found the one I liked the best but the DAY AFTER I put money into Pokerstars Neteller shut down. :angry2:At least I'm doing well so far on Pokerstars. I've played 8, cashed in 5, 3 Wins. I like the structure a lot better on Pokerstars. For those of you who don't play there, the sit n go blinds go up every 10 minutes, which is faster than the 15 minutes on Pacific was, but you start with 1500 chips on Pokerstars instead of the 800 on Pacific. This gives you a lot more play for your money and even when you get heads up you could be in for a pretty good fight. I played one last night where I had to play heads up for like 20 minutes. and I finally got beat going all in on a semi bluff with an open ended straight draw and got called by top pair.I guess the point of this post, besides being a bragging post, is that if you don't play Pokerstars the structure is good and you should give it a shot.

It's not too late to say don't quit your day job right?Congrats on the cashes, but you won't get a good idea of if it's sustainable until you've gone through more than 3 SnGs - you know this.
Of course I wouldn't quit my job.. I just played my first MTT live tourney today. 125 buy in 140 tables with the option to buy back in for full buy in during first hour. I made it to the final table. I knocked out the first person at the table and then basically caught no cards to move in or play the 12k blinds. I tried to be patient and catch but nothing. so thats 3 sitngoes and one multi tourney.. i wanted to make it farther but i just couldn't get a hand and wasn't going to bluff the big stacks with nothing when the blinds were already big. I went out at 7th for 649. thus my week of poker ended and excluding buy ins i'm up 1k in profit. At least next week i know i can't lose it all just playing one 100 dollar sitngo and not cashing so thats a little cushion.
Ugh. If you start in the BB, you'll lose 1/10 of your stack 2 hands later. I hate to rain on your parade, but enjoy it while you can. Luck is going to be a huge factor in this type of structure, as it leaves you with just about 2 choices - all-in or fold. One of these days, variance is going to rear it's ugly head, so just make sure you're ready for it.
blinds are 100.. and you get 1500 for the $100. i know and the aggressive people knock eachother out. so far my tight aggressive patient and some times bluffing has worked. the difference is..while some guy goes in with AQ gets called and gets knocked out..i do not call raises with those if they have alot of chips. i will make the bet with my AQ if i am in good position. i pay attention to alot of things and the whole goal is to make it to the finals.. not throw my money all in with any A or KQ.. i just watch those guys do this preflop and allow me to cash easier.
Live poker is for suckers. I have 3 B&M poker rooms within 30 minutes from me and I'm about 90 minutes from the biggest and best rooms in the world in LA...and I will never go back as long as I can play online. Sitting there playing 30 hands an hour with a huge rake is stupid. And then you need to tip the dealer whenever you win a pot...and you have to tip the cashier..and the vallet...and pay for gas money to get there. Why put yourself through that when you can play online from home?
Gee i don't know.. why would all the big names in poker who made their way playing cash games in a real card room before the tourney boom... Your opinion is your own, and its not on topic so just stay out of the thread cause you're useless here.
I haven't played live SNGs yet, but that's all I play online as I have proven to myself that I can beat them consistently. I used to play Pacific Poker, where the play was horrible. I kept track of my results very closely and after playing about 75 tourneys ($5.50, 10 players), I cashed 57% of the time and won first place about 25% of the time. Then Pacific outlawed U.S. players. :club: so I was semi-retired but recently started a Neteller account, paid the ridiculous 8.9% fee on about $200, then put $50 into Pokerstars. I was going to play a few different sites until I found the one I liked the best but the DAY AFTER I put money into Pokerstars Neteller shut down. :angry2:At least I'm doing well so far on Pokerstars. I've played 8, cashed in 5, 3 Wins. I like the structure a lot better on Pokerstars. For those of you who don't play there, the sit n go blinds go up every 10 minutes, which is faster than the 15 minutes on Pacific was, but you start with 1500 chips on Pokerstars instead of the 800 on Pacific. This gives you a lot more play for your money and even when you get heads up you could be in for a pretty good fight. I played one last night where I had to play heads up for like 20 minutes. and I finally got beat going all in on a semi bluff with an open ended straight draw and got called by top pair.I guess the point of this post, besides being a bragging post, is that if you don't play Pokerstars the structure is good and you should give it a shot.
i've played alot of online. It is not the same to me.i feel better being able to read players live and the slower pace means i don't get the bad beats like i did online. bottom line is my bankroll went from 200 to 1200 in four session this week playing and cashing in all 4 tourneys i played. Anyone that criticizes and says why waste time when i can play online can stfu and leave this thread cause as of now they can't say anything. My tourney today was good. I lasted 6 and a half hours getting to the seventh spot. Not bad for my first MTT tourney considering many of these people play there all the time.

One cool thing about todays MTT was that in the buy in everyone pays a 20 dollar bounty so everytime you knock someone out you get 20 bucks right there. I made 100 of my buy in back just on bounty's.. i didn't even know they did this kind of thing. So i learned something new in my first live mtt

Gee i don't know.. why would all the big names in poker who made their way playing cash games in a real card room before the tourney boom...
Because there was no online poker back then. ;)But I do agree with you, that live poker can be fun.
So you're playing an $82.50 + $17.50 sng. That's not good. It's going to be extremely tough to beat that consistently.
thanks for the advice man.. It's really thought out. guess i'll go look at my 1k profit from this week and ponder what the hell i was thinking because an internet guy can't do it.

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH.This thread is so awesome.My vote for best superstar new poster is this guy.The ego this guy has developped by cashing in FOUR whole live tournies is fantastic.Please keep it up!:club:

BAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH.This thread is so awesome.My vote for best superstar new poster is this guy.The ego this guy has developped by cashing in FOUR whole live tournies is fantastic.Please keep it up!:club:
Damn right....i do think its good i've cashed in every tourney i've played so far. Actually i'm done in the thread, too many people think they know what they are talking about but are full of ****. Good day and have fun replying back to yourself since you'll be the only reader.