the division is close every year alot tighter then the othersbut i would be amazed of the canucks dont make it.with the best tender in the net we will go deep GO CANUCKS GO
I wouldn't be surprised if the Nucks missed the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if the Nucks won the Stanley Cup...it's just too close to call either way. If it was November everybody would be saying the Nucks have no chance. Now the bandwagon's full so I'm gonna stay hopeful but not expect too much.

I'm guessing this was too original to be included in the Canucks for Real Thread? which sits directly below this one.....The Canucks don't strike me as a team with the depth to go far in the playoffs...The Sedin's are great, and I'm still a Naslund fan, but Naslund isn't a guy who's ever been accused of strapping a team to his back during the playoffs.... after those three you're counting on offensive production from Pyatt/Morrison (ugh), and then you're down to talking about guys like Bulis and Linden, who if I'm not mistaken, have both been healthy scratches this year.The defence is something to get excited about, but not for another 2-3 years. As much as I like Edler, Bieksa, Krajicek, (plus Bourdon coming through) they're all very young, and Ohlund/Salo as a top two doesn't exactly have me shaking like Niedermayer/Pronger.Luongo is of course, a great goaltender, but if he happens to go down for a couple of games (a la Roloson), do you guys have any faith in Souerbon or whatever his name is?I don't think this, or next year, will be the Canucks year.... maybe in a couple of years if they can move guys like Bulis/Morrisson and get a young winger or two, and get some help from their farm.

the division is close every year alot tighter then the othersbut i would be amazed of the canucks dont make it.with the best tender in the net we will go deep GO CANUCKS GO
Luongo(sp) isnt even the best goalie in thier divisionKipper > Luongo
Tough call. Kipper and Luongo are both playing very well right now.
Kipper got to play under a Sutter coached team...that's a REAL plus for a goalie. Luongo survived the barrage of bullets known as anybody-playing-Florida.Only time will tell who's better but I'd be happy with either. Personally I like the fire in Luongo vs. the laid back character of Kipper.

I've been a Nucks fan for over a decade now, and I'm so glad to see them winning a lot lately.I actually predicted them not to make the playoffs this year because they lost some offensive power (Bertuzzi, Carter) and the West is just so strong. But with Colorado and Edmonton struggling this season, they've taken advantage of that. Their defense and goaltending is very strong, evident by having the best PK in the league. If Luongo goes down though (*knock on wood*), we are done.GO NUCKS!!P.S. Calgary has been impressing me playing without their leader.

I've been a Nucks fan for over a decade now, and I'm so glad to see them winning a lot lately.I actually predicted them not to make the playoffs this year because they lost some offensive power (Bertuzzi, Carter) and the West is just so strong. But with Colorado and Edmonton struggling this season, they've taken advantage of that. Their defense and goaltending is very strong, evident by having the best PK in the league. If Luongo goes down though (*knock on wood*), we are done.GO NUCKS!!P.S. Calgary has been impressing me playing without their leader.
Welcome Reelish! Good to have another Canucklehead in Ontario. We're few and far between.
Kipper got to play under a Sutter coached team...that's a REAL plus for a goalie. Luongo survived the barrage of bullets known as anybody-playing-Florida.Only time will tell who's better but I'd be happy with either. Personally I like the fire in Luongo vs. the laid back character of Kipper.
Good point. Luongo didn't have it easy in the beginning of his career. The fact that he was able to make a name for himself in a not-so-great situation shows a lot about his determination and character. And Kipper is a bit laid back at times. But his fundamentals are almost unflawed. He seems only to be weak on breakways/shootouts. Tough call either way. Both in the absolute top tier of goaltenders in the league.
See!How can you keep all of these Canucks threads straight!?
Well I figure after you get your mod privileges you can help me amalgamate the other two into this one...now hurry up and get your super powers sonny.
I really wouldn't be surprised if "Serge" is a joke account created by digital monkey.
no, it would have to be the other way around. i assure you serge is real.
Welcome Reelish! Good to have another Canucklehead in Ontario. We're few and far between.
Thank you, although I have been a member of this forum for over a year.Tell me about it, Ontario is loaded with Leafs fans and I get hassled regularly for being a hater.