Bankroll Management Question

Hey guys. I've recently started thinking that I want to get better as a player. I'm a decent live player, but horrible online player. I've won a bit over the past year, but I've been playing WAYYYY too high for my b/r.I need to find out where my leaks are in my online play. I think what I need to do is usePokerTracker (which I just bought about a month ago), and put about 10k hands into it. That should be enough hands to determine whether or not I have horrifying holes in my game. Or should the sample size be alot larger, like say 50k hands?One final question. WIth that $100 BR, I should be playing .10/.20 Limit, right, or could I justifyably play quarter/fity? 500 bets or 200 bets?

200BB is a little low, people usually say 300BB is ok. You can definately take a shot at .25/50 with 100$, but move down if you lose about 30$.edit: if you aren't a winning player (no shame in that), of course all bankroll talk is more or less futile, cause you'll have to reload eventually no matter what limit you are playing.

In my opinion, with $100, I don't think that the 300BB-500BB rule needs to be followed strictly as the stakes are small. I would sit in the 0.25-0.50 even if its only 200BB.

Hey guys. I've recently started thinking that I want to get better as a player. I'm a decent live player, but horrible online player. I've won a bit over the past year, but I've been playing WAYYYY too high for my b/r.
honestly, most people who say they're good live players but poor online players are just bad players. you see less hands live so you'll lose slower plus the play is generally softer even at higher limits in live vs. online
I need to find out where my leaks are in my online play. I think what I need to do is usePokerTracker (which I just bought about a month ago), and put about 10k hands into it. That should be enough hands to determine whether or not I have horrifying holes in my game. Or should the sample size be alot larger, like say 50k hands?
pokertracker is a good tool.obviously the more hands you have the better but 10k hands should give you an idea of where you stand for limit holdem play. in fact, i'd say that if you actually last 10k hands without busting you're doing alright
One final question. WIth that $100 BR, I should be playing .10/.20 Limit, right, or could I justifyably play quarter/fity? 500 bets or 200 bets?
.25-.50 is fine as long as you're willing to drop down in limits if you lose $30-40.GL
if only had $100 i'de play .25/.50 and takes shots at .5/1. this is assuming that you can reload if you lose it.
:club: Then that's not "only $100", is it?
So should I play one table, or multitable?
That's a question you can only answer yourself, if your results are worse when you multitable - don't do it.I'm unable to play less than 4 tables of full ring LHE at a time, I find that insanely boring and play much too loose.
Yeah. I'm probably just a bad player, as fleung said.I want to get better, thats why I'm asking.So should I play one table, or multitable?
Only multi-table if you think you can pay attention to all the games. Multi-tabling really should be for people who are playing below their maximum level -- in other words, they don't need their full brain capability at any given table. In order to improve as quickly as possible (rather than maximize your hourly rate), focus on every hand at one table. Guess what cards everyone has and how they will play the hand out. If the highest level you can win at is 0.25/0.50, you could probably multi-table the 0.10/0.20, etc.Bankroll, of course, has little to do with how quickly you improve.
Yeah. I'm probably just a bad player, as fleung said.I want to get better, thats why I'm asking.So should I play one table, or multitable?
if you want to get good play one table. pay attention to every hand delt. try to get a feel for each player at the table. try to read thier hands and put them on ranges at each street. think about how would you play various hands in thier situation. do this everyday for an hour or two for three months. you will get better at poker than you thought possible. of course the requires incredible disipline, but youre gonna need that if you want to get good anyway.
the fact that you can reply without flipping out says a lot about your character. good sign.DEFINITELY play one table only. you have to know what you're going to do before action comes to you if you multi-table or else you're going to make more mistakes than you presently do.the reason that multitabling is good is because for solid players it's still a +EV move.Let X = my hourly win rateLet's hypothetically say each addional table reduces my win rate by 10%At 1 table i am winning X per hour. 1*X = XAt 2 tables = (X*.9) + (X*.9) = 1.8XAt 3 tables = 3*(X*.8) = 2.4XObviously it's +EV for a winning player to play more tables but if you've got leaks then you're X might be low or even negative. That's NOT good because you can't give up any edge and it'll become a -EV situation for you.
Hey guys. I've recently started thinking that I want to get better as a player. I'm a decent live player, but horrible online player. I've won a bit over the past year, but I've been playing WAYYYY too high for my b/r.I need to find out where my leaks are in my online play. I think what I need to do is usePokerTracker (which I just bought about a month ago), and put about 10k hands into it. That should be enough hands to determine whether or not I have horrifying holes in my game. Or should the sample size be alot larger, like say 50k hands?One final question. WIth that $100 BR, I should be playing .10/.20 Limit, right, or could I justifyably play quarter/fity? 500 bets or 200 bets?
My thoughts: Lots of sites offer 'in-between' levels like .20/.40 or .35/.70 why not sit in .20/.40? I know willhill offers these levels and I think it's CRYPTOLOGIC network so that includes sun poker, interpoker, (bet 365?) and a couple of others. If you want to play NL I would suggest perhaps starting with Pot Limit, I find the pot limit games (admittedly at a higher limit) much softer than the NL, you can chase big draws more freely as you don't usually have to call off your whole stack with an unmade hand but a huge draw, when you make draws you get paid off more highly Plus PL is where the best players are considered to have the biggest edge so if u can master PL you can sure as hell beat NL. PLus you are usually safe with a lower BR for PL games, I would say 30 full buy ins for your chosen level is about right at NL but as few as 20 has seen me safe at PL (I usually play a level higher at PL than NL). Thinking about it, the same principal could be applied to the cap games at FTP, any thoughts people?Rob

If I went back to only having a $100BR:I'd play $5 4 person HU SNG's for a few days sprinkling in the $6.50 turbo SNG's.I would also play the $3 rebuy turbo tourney to the sunday million everynight and use T dollars to help supplement the SNG buyins.Then once I got up to $300, I'd play some .50/1 LHE and some $25 SHNL.It shouldn't take long to build your BR by doing this.

Where do you play, Rayovac ?Pokerstars has some loose fishy .25/.5 limit tables right now. (They offer lower limits too)Remember to use good table selection. Greater than 40% players to the flop is great and $3 to $4 per hand average.Post your pokertracker stats in the micro limit strat section here if you need help determining your leaks.Good luck !