National Championship

Oh well i guess I owe all the Florida a bit of credit they showed up to play and Ohio State didnt. Damn that was hard to admit.
you still aren't admitting that UF's best game beats OSU's best game, but dismiss it as OSU "not showing up"just saying
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you still aren't admitting that UF's best game beats OSU's best game, but dismiss it as OSU "not showing up"just saying
Did you watch the game. If you did you would know that OSU didnt show up. They looked like crap and didnt play like they did all year. They didnt run the two running backs that help them win many games. Not getting pittman and wells going hurt them bad. The team looked like they were just going through the motions. I am a huge OSU fan but that wasnt the best game the had. Anyone that says other wise is plain ole crazy.just saying

if im not mistaken OSU's defnese was like that all yearTheir 2 toughest games (fl and Michigan) they have up 41 and 39 points respectivley. Dont say the defense didnt show up in either game, it means the defense isnt that good. The only difference between those 2 games was that Floridas defense shut down Troy Smith, OSU did not prepare for the game as well as they should have. Smith and the offense looked lost on a good number of plays. Thats just how I saw the game

I'm not a fan of either team, but did anyone else notice that the week that OSU played Michigan UF was playing a 1-AA shool???Not to saying anything against Florida, they did a helluva job, and are National Champions, and I congratulate them, but next to the last game of the year, they're playing a 1-AA?!

if im not mistaken OSU's defnese was like that all yearTheir 2 toughest games (fl and Michigan) they have up 41 and 39 points respectivley. Dont say the defense didnt show up in either game, it means the defense isnt that good. The only difference between those 2 games was that Floridas defense shut down Troy Smith, OSU did not prepare for the game as well as they should have. Smith and the offense looked lost on a good number of plays. Thats just how I saw the game
Laurinatis (sp) won the Bronko Nagurski Award (for good defense) but that is one player, not the whole team
I'm not a fan of either team, but did anyone else notice that the week that OSU played Michigan UF was playing a 1-AA shool???Not to saying anything against Florida, they did a helluva job, and are National Champions, and I congratulate them, but next to the last game of the year, they're playing a 1-AA?!
There is reasoning behind thisIf you know, college football schedules are made years in advance, but in April '05 the SEC told all the schools they need to schedule another Out of confrence game that year. UF wanted to have one more home game without having to make a deal with another team such as next year we play them away and Western Carolina accepted our deal.There was an article in our school newspaper about it but basically our school wanted to make the $2million or so it makes for every home game or something like thatEdit: Read this http://www.alligator.org/pt2/061117antonio.php That explains the whole thing better then i did
That also wasn't Florida's last game of the year. It was the last game for Michigan and Ohio State, but Florida had a few games left. That was when Urban Meyer started crying because Michigan was still ahead of them in the polls after losing to Ohio State and they beat up a division two school.
Did you watch the game.
Yes.my point was that you seemed to be hedging your admittance of being beaten by "the better team that day" by saying your team did to show up. It's always easier to say that than it is to just leave it at "UF was a better team that day and perhaps, everyday"Personally, I was pulling for a close game, that's all.I've lived in BigTen and SEC country.And, I really just don't get into the "my team" mentality. Not that there's anything wrong with living through 20 yr old boys.Sometimes good teams, especially fast ones, give you the illusion that your team is not playing/trying/prepared.You must realize I don't follow OSU, or any team, but figured that was not their best game. Just razzing you for softening the credit you were willing to give UF.cheers,
Yes.my point was that you seemed to be hedging your admittance of being beaten by "the better team that day" by saying your team did to show up. It's always easier to say that than it is to just leave it at "UF was a better team that day and perhaps, everyday"Personally, I was pulling for a close game, that's all.I've lived in BigTen and SEC country.And, I really just don't get into the "my team" mentality. Not that there's anything wrong with living through 20 yr old boys.Sometimes good teams, especially fast ones, give you the illusion that your team is not playing/trying/prepared.You must realize I don't follow OSU, or any team, but figured that was not their best game. Just razzing you for softening the credit you were willing to give UF.cheers,
Yea I understand what you are saying about not giving UF enough credit but thats just not in me to do. Its just to hard to admit. hahaha. As for OSU defense it was ranked in the top ten and i think even top five off top of my head. Unfortunately UF made em look like they should have been ranked bottom five. As long as i am alive though i will root for them home town boys.
Congrats to Florida, they played much better than I expected.I think Ted Ginn being out of the game had a much bigger impact than anybody thinks. Having him out gives Florida better matchups in every battle in the passing game. Now their #1 CB can shut down Gonzalez, then Robiskie is on a starter, and so on down the list. Having Ginn in the game gives Florida a lot more to worry about, they have to double cover Ginn, bring safeties down on him, and they can't be as aggressive because they would fear giving up the big play. I'm not saying he's why they lost, but if he's in there, Ohio State scores a lot more than 14 points.
this is a good point....very equivalent to the year FSU lost snoop minnis for the orange bowl and it really affected the whole offense and allowed OK to shut down their passing game.still hard to argue Ginn was worth 4 TDs!
Did you watch the game. If you did you would know that OSU didnt show up. They looked like crap and didnt play like they did all year. They didnt run the two running backs that help them win many games. Not getting pittman and wells going hurt them bad. The team looked like they were just going through the motions. I am a huge OSU fan but that wasnt the best game the had. Anyone that says other wise is plain ole crazy.just saying
you mean like how Miami didnt show up for the fiesta bowl in 2002? but the Canes were actually amazing so they still almost won that game (some would say should have won)FLA just blew the doors off OSU. even if they showed up it wouldnt have mattered.
you mean like how Miami didnt show up for the fiesta bowl in 2002? but the Canes were actually amazing so they still almost won that game (some would say should have won)FLA just blew the doors off OSU. even if they showed up it wouldnt have mattered.
Im not argruing that florida was the better team that day. I'm just saying if the buckeyes showed up that day it would have at least been closer in my oppinion.Miami didnt show up until the second half of that game. Miami is known for that look at em against penn state. Hard to argrue that it happen almost the same way this game went except for the camo clothing.
this is a good point....very equivalent to the year FSU lost snoop minnis for the orange bowl and it really affected the whole offense and allowed OK to shut down their passing game.still hard to argue Ginn was worth 4 TDs!
I'm not saying he was worth 4TDs, but him being out just throws off their entire offensive rhythm. If you watched the Michigan game, which was the high point of Ohio State's offense, then you know that most of their passing was short routes to Gonzalez and Robiskie. With them now being outmatched in their matchups rather than holding the upper hand, they're no longer open. This forces Troy Smith to hold on to the ball, allowing for pressure and sacks and turnovers. This keeps Ohio State's defense on the field for more of the game, puts more pressure on them, and allows the Florida offense to have more success against a tired defense.I know that's a bit of a reach, but I think there were those effects in the game on Monday.

Teddy Ginn being out hurt OSU alot but the main problem was they just didnt show up to play. They believed all the hype and then Florida came in and flat out whipped us. Ive been embarrassed by how bad that game was. Between Michigan and OSU I was certain one of the two was the best team in the country.

yeah but overall they arent as skilled as florida was florida had 5 recievers on offense, OSU has one i guessyou still cant say that troy smith being 4/14 would have been changed if ginn had been there

Im not argruing that florida was the better team that day. I'm just saying if the buckeyes showed up that day it would have at least been closer in my oppinion.Miami didnt show up until the second half of that game. Miami is known for that look at em against penn state. Hard to argrue that it happen almost the same way this game went except for the camo clothing.
I think its true that OSU had too many people patting them on the back for too long. the parallels between the 86 Fiesta Bowl and the 2002 Fiesta Bowl are kind of eerie arent they? Good point really. I think the only difference was the level of chokage by Miami....the 2002 Buckeyes were a very good team and Miami was foolish to take them lightly.The 86 Penn State team didnt belong on the same field as that year's Canes. How Miami lost I will never know. They outgained them by over 300 yards! Damn you Testaverde. I wouldnt call that a Miami trend though....they had to play pretty well in the 5 National Championship games they won. I think if you are the favorite enough times eventually you are bound to lay an egg or two. The only other time it happened was against Alabama in 92. That Bama team was strong though and Miami just got whipped. 5-3 record with the title on the line isnt so bad.

very painful game to watch, from the osu perspective obvioulsy...i think the entire campus was in shock this last week.i was upset when i heard this game would be a "blowout". I never really think any game can be said ahead of time, to be a blowout...especially in high emotional games like championships...sport is sport, anything can happen.it was sad to watch osu play horrible...they didn't give their "best" effort, regardless of what florida, or other viewers of the game want to say...florida outplayed osu...but we did so many things wrong..it was just sickening. tressel had a horrible game just as the rest of the team.good job florida...now win the ncaa bball tourney again.- Jordan