Who Is The Best Nl Hold'em Player In This Group?

Best and Worst  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Best?

• Erik Seidel
    • Johnny Chan
    • TJ Clouiter
    • Phil Hellmuth
    • Scotty Nguyen
  2. 2. Who is the Worst?

• Erik Seidel
    • Johnny Chan
    • TJ Cloutier
    • Phil Hellmuth
    • Scotty Nguyen

what a sick freakin listsince the question is in present form i'll say the worst is TJ (almost makes me sick to say it)TJ is a pioneer for the NL game but let's face it...the game has changed and i'm not convinced he's adapted as well as the others on the list. age is also a factor.

Cloutier would be worst player by far. Although I only have watched hin on TV, he has yet to ever impress me. He seems to get his money in bad more often than most top pros.
by "FAR"!?!?dude, that's just wrong...sooo wrong and insulting to a great player. you can choose him as worst but there's no candy to steal from no baby in this list.EDIT: okay, hellmuth is a baby but y'all know what i mean
what a sick freakin listsince the question is in present form i'll say the worst is TJ (almost makes me sick to say it)TJ is a pioneer for the NL game but let's face it...the game has changed and i'm not convinced he's adapted as well as the others on the list. age is also a factor.
Compare TJ's recent tournament results to someone else on that list. He just recently won a bracelet and he made the final table of the HORSE event. Yeah, its not Hold 'em, but it was against the best players in the world. If Holdem is TJ's best game and he was still able to perform in a HORSE event, then his Hold em game must still be pretty damn good.
Compare TJ's recent tournament results to someone else on that list. He just recently won a bracelet and he made the final table of the HORSE event. Yeah, its not Hold 'em, but it was against the best players in the world. If Holdem is TJ's best game and he was still able to perform in a HORSE event, then his Hold em game must still be pretty damn good.
slow down cowboy...if you notice the post i made directly below the post you quoted you'd see that i have great respect for TJ.EVERYONE on that list is pretty damn good.my measurement of Best isn't going to come from one recent tournament or just tournaments alone.i think about it all...tournaments, cash games, short handed, full ring, and endurance...hell, i'll give you a point or two for a good soundbite

assuming its tournies, it has to be hellmuth. as much as know one likes it, he is a top top player.for worst, it was a toss up between scotty and tj. both are good players, but i think neither have a good understanding of the game. they know what to do in alot of situations but dont know why they are doing it. i picked tj tho, coz scotty's record in 'modern' poker is better.picking between seidel and chan wud be tough

cloutier just plain sucks and as far as the best goes, hellmuth and chan are close, but they've showed way more hellmuth on tv and he is plain sick so i'll go with him

One of the great things about poker is that success is largely indepedent from other people's opinion's.I'll still "voted", but it's more a test of my knowledge than a measure of those players' skill.

One of the great things about poker is that success is largely indepedent from other people's opinion's.I'll still "voted", but it's more a test of my knowledge than a measure of those players' skill.
but who did you vote for?

Didn't Daniel once say that Johnny Chan was quite possibly the best NLHE player that's ever lived?Picking a worst in this is pretty crazy since they're all top players. If you feel - like I do - that "best NLHE player" has to encompass cash games as well as tourneys it would certainly be possible to pick Hellmuth because of his lack of cash game success. So much of what we know about these players is colored by rumor and what we see on TV (which is a miniscule portion of the hands they play) that it's impossible to get a good feel for their real ability. I picked Seidel for worst but mostly because I think he best game isn't NLHE.