Oppenent sat down at table and my pokertracker stats had him at around 24%/16%/4.00/60, which is pretty standard TAG. However the dude came in raising about the 3 or 4 pots in a row, and playing extremmly agresive post flop, aggro-donk style. His stats quickly jumped up to something around 32%/25%/14.00/80. At one point I called a raise of his $1.75(in position) with AKs, flop came rags, he c-bet the pot $4.25, I reraised to $11, he insta pushed, and I mucked. Anyways a few hands later this hand came up (note I wanna point out I did not think this was a bad player, just playing a super agro sammy farha sysle):Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $53.05UTG+1: $17.45CO: $56.70Button: $62.45 Hero: $51.65BB: $6.65Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with :club::D3 folds, Button raises to $1.75, Hero calls, BB folds.Flop: :D:):D ($4, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $4, Hero raises to $11, Button raises all-in $60.7, Hero ???

Oppenent sat down at table and my pokertracker stats had him at around 24%/16%/4.00/60, which is pretty standard TAG. However the dude came in raising about the 3 or 4 pots in a row, and playing extremmly agresive post flop, aggro-donk style. His stats quickly jumped up to something around 32%/25%/14.00/80. At one point I called a raise of his $1.75(in position) with AKs, flop came rags, he c-bet the pot $4.25, I reraised to $11, he insta pushed, and I mucked. Anyways a few hands later this hand came up (note I wanna point out I did not think this was a bad player, just playing a super agro sammy farha sysle):Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.506 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $53.05UTG+1: $17.45CO: $56.70Button: $62.45 Hero: $51.65BB: $6.65Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with :club::D3 folds, Button raises to $1.75, Hero calls, BB folds.Flop: :D:):D ($4, 2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $4, Hero raises to $11, Button raises all-in $60.7, Hero ???
pretty dry board there, I suppose I would call because of the read and the fact that this could easily be TT-77.
pretty dry board there, I suppose I would call because of the read and the fact that this could easily be TT-77.
QFT.Ok, main problem - you are OOP against a maniac. Why on earth are you just calling with JJ preflop? Reraise to $5/$6ish.
QFT.Ok, main problem - you are OOP against a maniac. Why on earth are you just calling with JJ preflop? Reraise to $5/$6ish.
I mostly like to just reraise with AA-QQ, but will reraise sometimes reraise with JJ-10 (note I always flat call with AK, basically fixed the biggest leak in my game). However in this case particularly, I believe a call here is almost always right. This is a perfect type of player set up a trap play.

You need a wider reraising range. You really need to reraise with AK at least some of the time - why don't you?I would agree more with the smooth call here if you were in position. The problem is, being out of position sucks and you want more money in now when you know you have a large equity edge over his range.

You need a wider reraising range. You really need to reraise with AK at least some of the time - why don't you?I would agree more with the smooth call here if you were in position. The problem is, being out of position sucks and you want more money in now when you know you have a large equity edge over his range.
This has been discussed on this site quite a bit, people go both ways. Like it has been said before, I understand the reasons and importance to mix up ones play, however I just do not feel those same rules apply at this level ($50nl). It would take multiple people who beats this level greater then me (meaning over 10+bb\100) showing me real stats and giveing me compeling reasons why flat calling is wrong (esp. with AK, which was once my biggest loser on PT, which has since been relocated to my top 5). JJ and TT are also huge winners for me, so I do not believe I am playing them wrong. The fact that everyone complains that JJ is the worst hand in poker gives me some credence. Note, I made the switch from reraising preflop after hearing many players particulary Gavin Smith and Mike Matusow, talk about how everyone overplays AK.
This has been discussed on this site quite a bit, people go both ways. Like it has been said before, I understand the reasons and importance to mix up ones play, however I just do not feel those same rules apply at this level ($50nl). It would take multiple people who beats this level greater then me (meaning over 10+bb\100) showing me real stats and giveing me compeling reasons why flat calling is wrong (esp. with AK, which was once my biggest loser on PT, which has since been relocated to my top 5). JJ and TT are also huge winners for me, so I do not believe I am playing them wrong. The fact that everyone complains that JJ is the worst hand in poker gives me some credence. Note, I made the switch from reraising preflop after hearing many players particulary Gavin Smith and Mike Matusow, talk about how everyone overplays AK.
If you know the person is playing super-aggresive then you have to take a stand for your hand when you know you have the best hand, and most likely with TT or JJ, PF, you have the best hand. I dont fault you for calling OOP with AK, especially against a whacko, because you can c/r the flop if you hit because he is being so aggressive. I also dislike re-raising with TT and JJ sometimes bc online low limit NL, a re-raise is more or less, making the other person go all in. very rarely will someone fold to a re-raise. It is a tricky situation for a re-raise, bc your probably looking at a race with JJ if u decide to call his all-in. i think call with AK in this situation, re-raise with JJ.

Not sure I got a clear answer here, but I called and oppenent showed 65 off, river and turn blanked. Not sure if i got unlucky here or he played me hard.

Not sure I got a clear answer here, but I called and oppenent showed 65 off, river and turn blanked. Not sure if i got unlucky here or he played me hard.
IMO you played the hand fine but unfortunately so did he. He got very lucky obviously but the way he played it there was little you could do. His range's just too wide to fold here.
I think with the read it is just lucky. Thats why we have a bankroll. Also I think you should try playing around with reraising in position with a wide range of hands. Especially to isolate weaker players.

You're playing 6 max here. Not reraising a wider range of hands is definetly not a strategy I like. Especially when the player is super aggro; you occasionally need to stick it to him and keep him in line. Otherwise this type of player will run all over you. He wants you to just call.JJ and TT have his range crushed. And out of position you want to isolate and get a good portion of the money in.By not reraising we are giving up hugh value.