Count Me As One Of The Neteller Hacks

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg u guys jopking? me > rdog all day every day
If we are talking about baking cookies in your Easy Bake Oven then yes, you are correct. Everything else............SHIP IT.
I am curious why you don't hear more about companies that specialize in coming to your house, adding any programs you may need, testing your system and making sure your system is not vulnerable to this type of issue? I'm sure we all know tons of people that would pay a decent chunk for this. Even people that don't play poker have to be scared about having their information compromised.Okay, now that I am thinking about it, one of you mf'ers with actual computer knowledge PM me and lets start a company!!!
There are companies like this. I've seen ads for a couple in the Chicago-land area. Ok, you 2 can go back to flirting now.

Sorry Hanguk.......it sucks to have it happenVery odd that the investigation department is now playing hard to get. During the original rush of hacks, they were very quick to respond. Maybe this is a sign that they suspect the leak is on their end and they are trying to buy time to track it.

Mabey this is the reason I have one computer wich i use for surfing the internet and download songs and movies using wireless internet. And one computer I only use for online poker and internetbanking and Neteller, not using wireless but a cable. The second computer has one pupose only. It's firewalled the best I can think of, it 'doesn't have any programs exept a few pokersoftware programs. So I think that's the way to go to protect your precious data.Fwiw,Jan

Mabey this is the reason I have one computer wich i use for surfing the internet and download songs and movies using wireless internet. And one computer I only use for online poker and internetbanking and Neteller, not using wireless but a cable. The second computer has one pupose only. It's firewalled the best I can think of, it 'doesn't have any programs exept a few pokersoftware programs. So I think that's the way to go to protect your precious data.Fwiw,Jan
once i get the scratch to undergo such a thing, i plan to have three computers1 (a mac pc) for multimedia1 (a pc laptop with linux with crossover and vmware if necessary) for poker1 (a pc desktop, my old one i'm rebuilding, with linux with crossover) for internet browsingi really do hate windows, and if it's on my end, i will curse bill gates again.not like i don't do it 50 times a day, but still.
  • 4 weeks later...

Folks - same problem here. Just did a quick google and came across this thread. I had 750 transfered directly from my bank account with one of those insta-pay transfers. Happened right after new years. From there it was split up - half went to some onside poker site or something - and half went to poker.com. I called neteller and they basically told me that I was full of it. They claimed that their logs indicated that the transfer happened from an IP address I normally use - when I pushed for the address - I was given it, only to learn it was my work address. Funny thing - our networks were down all through the holiday - so what they were telling me wasn't possible. I contacted my bank. They are looking into it. There is something REALLY fishy going on here. The person I talked to on the phone was very very smooth in explaining that 'someone I knew was stealing my money' It sounded scripted. Seriously. I run a mac with the firewall enabled - and snitch (monitors outgoing connections) enabled. It is 100 percent IMPOSSIBLE to monitor key strokes from this laptop. And nobody inside my office could have done this - our networks were down. Ask for the logs in writing - they will NOT give them to you. Ask yourself why.-Mike