Daniel Negreanu's Home Game Promotion

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. So I take it we should just be able to enter the tournament as we would any other and if we're on the list we're in?
The tournament is up, so you can log in and check to make sure that you are included. Looks like 334 players although who knows how many will actually be there.

no disapointint is that fact that im having no troubles with internet connection. Im in T but can;t play, Why cause all of a sudden FCP can't connect to the server. Never made it to the first hand.

no disapointint is that fact that im having no troubles with internet connection. Im in T but can;t play, Why cause all of a sudden FCP can't connect to the server. Never made it to the first hand.
Well the tourney is on Saturday so you have time to fix your connection problems

I looked forward to this for days and now I find out that it's a complete joke. There's tables with one live player and 9 "away" players. Because they let everyone play regardless of whether they registered or not. Yeah, there's 7 live players at my table and now the guy with 9 dead ones just showed up next to me after he busted his entire table by stealing their blinds every single hand. This is fair.

I looked forward to this for days and now I find out that it's a complete joke. There's tables with one live player and 9 "away" players. Because they let everyone play regardless of whether they registered or not. Yeah, there's 7 live players at my table and now the guy with 9 dead ones just showed up next to me after he busted his entire table by stealing their blinds every single hand. This is fair.
Yeah, I agree. I'm a big defender of this site, and I hate it when people complain about the FREE tournaments and great promos that these guys run, but for SURE this is an absolute joke. A level playing field is mandatory, and this is anything but......

FCP, are you freakn serious?? This tourny was an absolute JOKE, im taking my money elsewhere... I was so excited about FCP when I heard it was branching away from OnGame, and I couldnt wait....I left my money in my account the entire time it was switching over. And at first the site was pretty lame, especially if you like tournies.. only 1 and 2 dollar buy ins with 20 people if that.. so i switched over to ring games... it was fun for a while but not many options for games and tables.... then I heard about the HomeGame promo, so i figured I'd stick around and give FCP a chance to get established, and qual for the NHG freeroll. Jan 20th finally comes, I've been sooo excited about this freeroll, i knew it would be fun and a decent field. WHAT A DISSAPOINTMENT!!! FCP are you serious you didnt see this problem coming with auto regestering people up for the tourny? Did you really think all 300 sumthn people would all make it? I can only imagine how many people got the lucky draw to play against 9 ghosts and pick up the blinds for the first hour anda half... meanwhile some get stuck playing 3 handed or heads up with the table full of ghosts... then after battling you get moved to a table angainst some guy that lucked out and stole 20k +T his tourny was the last straw for my money and I... I can honestly say I gave you guys every opportunity in the world to keep me here, but after this tourny, I'm gone.... If you cant even organize a hugly promoted event like that, it makes me wonder what else you guys will botch.

I truly am sorry everybody for how the tournament is playing out.We had 2 options available to us with the current set up of the software. One was to pre-register all the players like we did. The other choice would have required the players to register on their own with a password. The problem with the second choice was that the password would get out into the wider world and players who didn't qualify would have entered. We knew that there would be a large number of away players but I had hoped that there wouldn't be as many as it turned out there were.The blame lies with me as I should have tried to come up with a better solution that required players to ask that they be pre-registered.I can't say what we'll do to try and make it up to the players tonight but we will try and do something.Feel free to e-mail me and vent all you want as I deserve it.Bob

Well, if nothing else, Bob, I at least give you credit for standing up and taking the shots to the balls.I know I posted already, but I worked really hard to get the points I needed to qualify for this. The idea was a sweet one and, I must say, the deep structure was really a great setup. But the ghosts overrode all the good by far and left me with a sick taste that doesn't wash out.

I'll tell you what really sucks is that I got on a table with everyone there, and got outdrawn on every single hand that I didn't get outplayed.That was sick

Agreed. Thanks for at least being accountable Bob. For the record, I messaged Bob a couple of minutes into this tourney about this, and he responded immediately. I know their hands are tied, and I give FCP all kinds of credit for holding these events. But I too worked hard to qualify, in cash games (NOT my forte!), and changed my sched to play in this event. And then... WHAM! Kicked right in the teeth. My suggestion would be a tourney for the players who DID show up, excluding those who cash in tonight....

I truly am sorry everybody for how the tournament is playing out.We had 2 options available to us with the current set up of the software. One was to pre-register all the players like we did. The other choice would have required the players to register on their own with a password. The problem with the second choice was that the password would get out into the wider world and players who didn't qualify would have entered. We knew that there would be a large number of away players but I had hoped that there wouldn't be as many as it turned out there were.The blame lies with me as I should have tried to come up with a better solution that required players to ask that they be pre-registered.I can't say what we'll do to try and make it up to the players tonight but we will try and do something.Feel free to e-mail me and vent all you want as I deserve it.Bob
Thanks for the reply Bob, you guys always take good care of us.Which is part of the reason it was such a big suprise to be looking forward to this all month and then see how it turned out.Maybe a make up Chicken Ranch with Steve Zolotow tourney for all of us who didn't get a free final table? (sw)
I'll tell you what really sucks is that I got on a table with everyone there, and got outdrawn on every single hand that I didn't get outplayed.That was sick
Thought that was just normal FCP tourney for you BG.I think Lee Jones deals at all your tables, lol
Thought that was just normal FCP tourney for you BG.I think Lee Jones deals at all your tables, lol
They trapped me 2 years ago when they let me get 2nd in a 600+ player toury.I'm trapped for life chasing the dream of winning races.

yeah great job, it must have been extremly hard to beat 150 ghosts folding to every min preflop raise. bob thanks for taking blame, but that still doesnt excuse you or FCP from running the most unorganized online event in history. you guys hyped this thing, made us tourny players play our asses off in cash games, and then kick us in the junk. Thanks for the BINGO tourny. i truly do hope you guys try and make this right, but that was just rediculous, that was like trying to run a 100m dash and giving some people a 50m headstart. i cant type how upset and dissapointed i really am for this event that i had to bend over backwards to play... not just to qualify but to work it around my schedual. I wonder what Daniel would have to say if he knew how this thing had turned out...weve allread his outlashes against the WSOP and WPT and other events, my guess is he would be incredibly embarassed to see how this crap shoot turned out.

yeah great job, it must have been extremly hard to beat 150 ghosts folding to every min preflop raise. bob thanks for taking blame, but that still doesnt excuse you or FCP from running the most unorganized online event in history. you guys hyped this thing, made us tourny players play our asses off in cash games, and then kick us in the junk. Thanks for the BINGO tourny. i truly do hope you guys try and make this right, but that was just rediculous, that was like trying to run a 100m dash and giving some people a 50m headstart. i cant type how upset and dissapointed i really am for this event that i had to bend over backwards to play... not just to qualify but to work it around my schedual. I wonder what Daniel would have to say if he knew how this thing had turned out...weve allread his outlashes against the WSOP and WPT and other events, my guess is he would be incredibly embarassed to see how this crap shoot turned out.
And you don't think Bob is embarassed? This makes me glad I didn't qualify now. I would have been playing way more than I should have to qualify (probably above my roll also). It takes a man to stand up and admit the blame should be put on him. Bob has always been a stand up guy.
Ok, i'm about as unhappy about the goings of of this tourney as anyone, put off my other plans, played a bunch on fcp forgoing my rakeback on other sites to qualify, missing the money I make every week thowing color pin at my local lanes, blah, blah, blahI don't think you can blame the guys who had a no player table, they didn't pick it(although i'm jealous! lol)You can blame FCP and they are talking the blame, Bob came right out and accepted that blame and said FCP will make it right.NO excuses, no BS, just yea we jacked it up and will make it right. They always have in the past, i'm i TRUST THEM 100% to take care of us.I think Daniel would be disappointed in how the tourney played out, but proud of how Bob and the FCP crew took immediate accountability.I've followed Daniel for a while now, met him once, and from what I can tell he's a lot more concerned about accountablitiy than the fact that an error was made. I'm sure by the time this all plays out it will just be another instance where FCP shines through with their incredible support and shows us all once again why we play on FCP and support the site.To Bob and the FCP support (esp Leena who put up with my bitching rant during the tourney with utmost professionalism) :club: