Got The Blues In St. Louis

any chance you want to bet total points in 09/10+10/11 regular seasons, blues vs canucks? I'd go as high as $500 on this one. I await your excuses.
nothing against you flueng, but aren't you in china or whatever? any idea where you're gonna be? am I going to have to hire a private investigator to confirm your whereabouts if I need to collect?ya nell pretty much nailed it. if you were fchl, I wouldn't be backing out right now...
  • Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Significantly different situation, of course.
agreed...but comment wise, much worse. Avery basically called a press conference..
nice of backes to start doin stuff but it's too late obv. I think the Canucks are the better team but stand roughly zero chance against the blues in the next few years.
Depends on if the Sedins and/or Luongo get locked up. A lot of their core (Burrows, Bieksa, Salo, Edler) is already under contract for the next 2-4 years and I'm sure others will re-sign (Kesler, Mitchell). Also, they have Hodgson, Grabner, and Schneider on their way up.
nice of backes to start doin stuff but it's too late obv. I think the Canucks are the better team but stand roughly zero chance against the blues in the next few years.
sometimes, things dont turn out quite like everyone tells you they will. either your really upset at how things are going, and thats skewing your thought process......OR........your convinced Vancouver/Luongo is overrated.
sometimes, things dont turn out quite like everyone tells you they will. either your really upset at how things are going, and thats skewing your thought process......OR........your convinced Vancouver/Luongo is overrated.
huh? I'm saying the blues have the better future, which I don't think anyone can deny. re: upset, no. I saw this one coming.
huh? I'm saying the blues have the better future, which I don't think anyone can deny. re: upset, no. I saw this one coming.
there's a difference between "which team has a brighter future""Vancouver has rougly zero chance in the next few years"Its not nearly as clearcut and a foregone conclusion as you make it out to me. Like the other poster said.....Luongo and Sedins re-sign, and its still a question mark.
there's a difference between "which team has a brighter future""Vancouver has rougly zero chance in the next few years"Its not nearly as clearcut and a foregone conclusion as you make it out to me. Like the other poster said.....Luongo and Sedins re-sign, and its still a question mark.
I meant zero chance against the blues. the blues have the best defense and easily top-5 forward corps in the NHL, just a matter of waiting for the kids to settle in and start dominating. maybe I overstated it a little, but I don't think it's close between the two franchises--the blues have the better future.expanding on my current emotional health, you really gotta put it in the context of the last five seasons or so. they've been the worst in the NHL for a long while... I'm ecstatic that they even made it this far with the number of injuries.
I meant zero chance against the blues. the blues have the best defense and easily top-5 forward corps in the NHL, just a matter of waiting for the kids to settle in and start dominating. maybe I overstated it a little, but I don't think it's close between the two franchises--the blues have the better future.expanding on my current emotional health, you really gotta put it in the context of the last five seasons or so. they've been the worst in the NHL for a long while... I'm ecstatic that they even made it this far with the number of injuries.
Your starting to sound like the Serge of the midwest.
Your starting to sound like the Serge of the midwest.
I don't know how anyone could look at the kids in both organizations under the age of 22-23 or so and say that the canucks have the best of it. there's no sergeing here, just the unbiased truth. the blues have the better group of youngsters.
I don't know how anyone could look at the kids in both organizations under the age of 22-23 or so and say that the canucks have the best of it. there's no sergeing here, just the unbiased truth. the blues have the better group of youngsters.
Well.. you are comparing one element of the Blues to one element of the Canucks. To use their better prospect pool to project who will have the better team also ignores who has the better existing veterans and ability to sign FAs.
Well.. you are comparing one element of the Blues to one element of the Canucks. To use their better prospect pool to project who will have the better team also ignores who has the better existing veterans and ability to sign FAs.
it hinges on the twins and luo. I definitely overstated things when this conversation began. I still think total regular season points in the next two seasons will be a blowout in the blues favor and would bet that with rich.
any chance you want to bet total points in 09/10+10/11 regular seasons, blues vs canucks? I'd go as high as $500 on this one. I await your excuses.
I'm not really thrilled with the idea of a 2-year bet. lots of things can happen in that time and my experience on collecting $$$ from FCPers I dont' personally know isn't exactly thrilling.If someone vouches for you I'm happy to bet $500 for 09-10 and we can do it again afterwards if everything's cool. but really, why does your post have such an attacking-type tone? have I done something to offend you other than simply being right so far in the playoffs regarding Blues-Nucks series or ducks-sharks? you say I make excuses yet you're the one that backed out of a bet that Ray ended up taking. I'm a little lost on this one.
well said. That's part of the argument I was trying to make as well, without the clarity you were able to provide.
nothing against you flueng, but aren't you in china or whatever? any idea where you're gonna be? am I going to have to hire a private investigator to confirm your whereabouts if I need to collect?ya nell pretty much nailed it. if you were fchl, I wouldn't be backing out right now...
who the fukk are YOU? what's with this bs? you can't even spell my username right and I've been around the forum wayyyy longer than you. what makes you think that I wouldn't pay a bet? I should be more worried about YOU if anything.I dare you to find someone on this forum who would challenge my character on any bet.
I'm not really thrilled with the idea of a 2-year bet. lots of things can happen in that time and my experience on collecting $$$ from FCPers I dont' personally know isn't exactly thrilling.If someone vouches for you I'm happy to bet $500 for 09-10 and we can do it again afterwards if everything's cool. but really, why does your post have such an attacking-type tone? have I done something to offend you other than simply being right so far in the playoffs regarding Blues-Nucks series or ducks-sharks? you say I make excuses yet you're the one that backed out of a bet that Ray ended up taking. I'm a little lost on this one.
iirc I was in the middle of a shift when I wrote that. noooot exactly the best mindset to be taking on two year wagers. I apologize.
who the fukk are YOU? what's with this bs? you can't even spell my username right and I've been around the forum wayyyy longer than you. what makes you think that I wouldn't pay a bet? I should be more worried about YOU if anything.I dare you to find someone on this forum who would challenge my character on any bet.
hahahahahawayyyy longer --> 14 fewer daysyou're right though, a two year bet is just silly. the dollar might be worth about a quarter of what it is now when the time comes to settle.
hahahahahawayyyy longer --> 14 fewer daysyou're right though, a two year bet is just silly. the dollar might be worth about a quarter of what it is now when the time comes to settle.
now i AM confused. strategy and strategy touch is both you? well I know you...from the forum anyhow.
now i AM confused. strategy and strategy touch is both you? well I know you...from the forum anyhow.
yep, one is my ipod account and one is my normal account. I'm so sorry if I offended you, I was just messing around at work.you DID move to china though, right? I at least had that detail correct?
yep, one is my ipod account and one is my normal account. I'm so sorry if I offended you, I was just messing around at work.you DID move to china though, right? I at least had that detail correct?
well I'm in Macau which is a SAR of China. easier to google than to explain.if you want to bet for next year we can both ship the $500 to serge, who is surely trustworthy, and have him hold on to it. let's get this done this week if you're down for it. let me know.