I didn't think I heard that right. I was really surprised you could get away with that on TBS, but I guess they don't care, she also said, "You guys are dicks" to her friends, which was another, less surprising bit of vulgarity that I appreciated.
got me rock hard.then again, what doesn't?just glad to see real talk involved in a sitcom as opposed to Friends or How I met your mother banter
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got me rock hard.
aaand done. But yeah, The PJ character is extremely likable, as well as the obvious fact that she's hot. The dialogue, and the interaction with the other characters is what makes it
I enjoyed the episodes last night and the show is good enough to keep me around.I wish the friends would goof on each other more, in a meaner way. Would seem more real. Make it a little edgier. She said "I call bullshit" on the episode, I was impressed. Its things like that that make shows work. Real dialogue. It's so tough for network shows to do that.One thing that did bother me, she said she couldn't go somewhere because football on Monday, baseball game to cover on Tuesday, then a hockey game on Wednesday. I cant think of a time when baseball, football and hockey are in season at the same time.
I didn't think I heard that right. I was really surprised you could get away with that on TBS, but I guess they don't care, she also said, "You guys are dicks" to her friends, which was another, less surprising bit of vulgarity that I appreciated.
I agree that 'real' dialogue helps the show... but seriously, I think this show has lost me. It spends WAY too much time with PJ talking to Stephanie about boys. No thanks.
I agree that 'real' dialogue helps the show... but seriously, I think this show has lost me. It spends WAY too much time with PJ talking to Stephanie about boys. No thanks.
Reminds you too much of your chats with your friends eh?I'm a fan of the show. I've seen all the episodes now and really am kind of committing to it.
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone else think it's strange that the season finale is coming up soon? That seemed like a short season, but I know nothing about TV
Most networks only authorize a short run for the first season of debut shows as a sort of trial run (anywhere between 6 and 12 episodes, most of the time), then they decide whether or not to greenlight a full slate of shows for the next year.

I really enjoyed both episodes tonight. I really like this show and will be sad to see it go after next week. Hopefully its picked up and they start production for a summer drop in.Trouty kills me, I love him.

I really enjoyed both episodes tonight. I really like this show and will be sad to see it go after next week. Hopefully its picked up and they start production for a summer drop in.Trouty kills me, I love him.
Fuck. I knew I forgot something tonight.
Most networks only authorize a short run for the first season of debut shows as a sort of trial run (anywhere between 6 and 12 episodes, most of the time), then they decide whether or not to greenlight a full slate of shows for the next year.
Like 'The Office'. I believe only 6 episodes were in the first season, so it's not uncommon.
Two more episodes tonight, then the season final tomorrow night.I'm giddy like a chubby schoolgirl that just got fingerbanged by her art teacher.
lovely.

I fell asleep and didn't watch the two epidsodes last night, but it will be that much sweeter tonight when I get to watch 3 episodes in a row. Season finale tonight.I like Mike and Kenny, but Brandon could be a little more hardcore. He's always got his rock gear on, supposed to be a dj, but he comes off like a vagina. He needs some balls. I get that they wrote him as p-whipped, but he's the weak link on the show for me. Mike and Kenny should go back and forth some more, attacking each other, but in a way that friends do.My .02

So I'll prepare to get flamed here.Other than Jordana Spiro being someone-smashed-my-nose-in-a-cute-way hot, I don't see how this show can hold anyone's interest. Jim Gaffigan is terribly used and is very stifled. The storylines are played out and were better done by Seinfeld, Arli$$, Punky Brewster, the Chris Isaak show, and Friends. The guy friends are all pathetic losers who are not-so secretly trying to get into PJs pants. And overall the show is just kind of mundane.But, I'll keep flipping back to it just to get a moving picture of Ms. Spiro in my mind before I go flog the bishop.

nobody said it was groundbreaking material or that the acting was brilliant, but the show is entertaining and sometimes has some good zings and jokes in it.Maybe after watching network sitcoms, my expectation are lower but the dialogue isn't bad in this show. I've watched alot worse.that being said, Friends was only occasionally funny.and did you just use Punky Brewster and Arli$$ as examples? Credibility gone.also, you're name gets me every time because one of my friends had a band locally and the name of their album was The H Factor.Odd

nobody said it was groundbreaking material or that the acting was brilliant, but the show is entertaining and sometimes has some good zings and jokes in it.Maybe after watching network sitcoms, my expectation are lower but the dialogue isn't bad in this show. I've watched alot worse.that being said, Friends was only occasionally funny.and did you just use Punky Brewster and Arli$$ as examples? Credibility gone.also, you're name gets me every time because one of my friends had a band locally and the name of their album was The H Factor.Odd
The Punky Brewster and Arli$$ examples were inserted to set the bar low and a mediocre attempt at humor :club: Not added for credibility. :D But, while we're on the topic of band names. Anyone ever see Funky Brewster play?Peace and love

season finale last nightthis show never fails to make me laugh at least once or twice an episode which is good enough to keep me coming back, but I really think they jumped the shark with the ending. Too soon.spoiler in white textwhy do they feel the need to throw a relationship, or at the very least sexual tension between Brandon and her in the mix so soon? It really could've waited. (Brandon kissed her, she didn't react, fade to black, cliffhanger)

• 6 months later...

New season starts Monday at 10pm on TBS. IT appears they are going with the 2 episodes back to back. Who else is rock hard?My tivo is depleted. All I have is PTI and Rescue Me right now. Thank goodness for My Boys.

New season starts Monday at 10pm on TBS. IT appears they are going with the 2 episodes back to back. Who else is rock hard?
This guy.

Good show. My wife and I are excited about it. I think my wife would be down with a 3 way with PJ. Now, only if I was attractive, able to meet the actress who plays her in real life, and had enough tequila.....

Good show. My wife and I are excited about it. I think my wife would be down with a 3 way with PJ. Now, only if I was attractive, able to meet the actress who plays her in real life, and had enough tequila.....
I coulda fucked her once. True story. I had a hard-on but I couldn't find her. She's a cutie. The voice threw me at first, but it grew on me. Good luck with the wife and the 3-way.