Ok, so this show caught my interest because of it's hot star, Jordana Spiro, and because I love Jim Gaffigan. I tuned into the premier episode last night, and have to say I really enjoyed it. They played another episode immediately after, but I didn't get to see it all. It's a pretty gay premise, with a tomboy-ish chick who's friends with all guys, but I'm a pretty gay guy, and I like pretty gay things. This however, is not gay, and I would do very not gay things with her. e112509A.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so this show caught my interest because of it's hot star, Jordana Spiro, and because I love Jim Gaffigan. I tuned into the premier episode last night, and have to say I really enjoyed it. They played another episode immediately after, but I didn't get to see it all. It's a pretty gay premise, with a tomboy-ish chick who's friends with all guys, but I'm a pretty gay guy, and I like pretty gay things. This however, is not gay, and I would do very not gay things with her. e112509A.jpg
Would you somehow work the bat she is holding into the mix?

I wanted to see this, but it's opposite Boston Legal, so it loses. Yes I'm still living in the mid-90's no tivo, dvr etc. :club: But I just happened to see they are replaying tonight at 10 cst so I'll check it out and join in the gayosity.

Don't sell me too short, I am that gay.I set up a season pass for this show, and have this weeks episodes all ready to watch and next weeks all ready to record.Hank, its on Wednesday, not Tuesday so your Boston Public commitment won't be affected.It plays first run Wed from 10-11pm, but they replay both episodes directly after, from 11-12.I liked the way the girl looked and I like some girly shows, so I said what tha heck, but if more than one of those guy characters gives me the "she's like a sister, I could never bang her" speech, I'm gonna be irritated. We are guys, a hot girl can never be one of the guys, because at the end of the night, I would never want to bang "one of the guys" but I'd bang the hot girl.Thats my take on that. That being said, I can't wait to watch it.

But she's got some major wood in her hands. Who's to say she can't swing your bat the right way...?
We are guys, a hot girl can never be one of the guys, because at the end of the night, I would never want to bang "one of the guys" but I'd bang the hot girl.
He made a funny!

so I watched it.Her voice is deeper than I thought it would be, threw me off. She's still good to go though.First episode was a little rough for me and the second episode even made me laugh out loud once. I'll keep watching.

so I watched it.Her voice is deeper than I thought it would be, threw me off. She's still good to go though.First episode was a little rough for me and the second episode even made me laugh out loud once. I'll keep watching.
This was one of the first things that struck me as well, but I think it plays well to the character. If she had a squeaky girly voice it would make it harder to believe her character
This was one of the first things that struck me as well, but I think it plays well to the character. If she had a squeaky girly voice it would make it harder to believe her character
For sho
Yes. One of the best stand up comics out there right now.
QFT. Unfortunately, from what I've seen he doesn't really get to shine in this show. Hopefully in future episodes.

I saw both episodes because it looked decent to me also... and I think it could be an interesting premise. But alas, I hope it gets better... because I thought that it focused WAY too much on relationship crap and not enough on funny. In other news, keeping with tradition, I totally disagree with Keith about Jim Gaffigan.. I find him hilarious... hot pockets.I'll give the show another chance, because it didn't completely suck, but if it doesn't get funnier, it will quickly be 'un'seasonpassed.Funny > relationship crap.

2 New episodes tonight. Supposedly some other dude falls for PJ, and and the guys find out about her hooking up with that other guy...:squeals with excitement:

2 solid episodes tonight. The latter actually had me laughing at a few points. Gaffigan is priceless with his farm toys.
I enjoyed the episodes last night and the show is good enough to keep me around.I wish the friends would goof on each other more, in a meaner way. Would seem more real. Make it a little edgier. She said "I call bullshit" on the episode, I was impressed. Its things like that that make shows work. Real dialogue. It's so tough for network shows to do that.One thing that did bother me, she said she couldn't go somewhere because football on Monday, baseball game to cover on Tuesday, then a hockey game on Wednesday. I cant think of a time when baseball, football and hockey are in season at the same time. They did deal the small blind first in the poker game though.
One thing that did bother me, she said she couldn't go somewhere because football on Monday, baseball game to cover on Tuesday, then a hockey game on Wednesday. I cant think of a time when baseball, football and hockey are in season at the same time.
October
October
Since when do the Cubs play in October?and yes, when I asked the question, I knew the only plausible answer was October and I knew I was setting myself up for a joke.But they make it pretty clear that the Cubs suck and its the middle of the season. Just one of those things that should've been caught.
Since when do the Cubs play in October?and yes, when I asked the question, I knew the only plausible answer was October and I knew I was setting myself up for a joke.But they make it pretty clear that the Cubs suck and its the middle of the season. Just one of those things that should've been caught.
I didn't watch the show and didn't know they were talking about the Cubs or that it's the middle of the season.I wasn't making a joke, just thought maybe you didn't follow hockey and didn't know the season started in October.
I didn't watch the show and didn't know they were talking about the Cubs or that it's the middle of the season.I wasn't making a joke, just thought maybe you didn't follow hockey and didn't know the season started in October.
I was just asking because I wasn't sure the three regular seasons of those sports ever crossed. I didn't think they had.
I enjoyed the episodes last night and the show is good enough to keep me around.I wish the friends would goof on each other more, in a meaner way. Would seem more real. Make it a little edgier. She said "I call bullshit" on the episode, I was impressed. Its things like that that make shows work. Real dialogue. It's so tough for network shows to do that.One thing that did bother me, she said she couldn't go somewhere because football on Monday, baseball game to cover on Tuesday, then a hockey game on Wednesday. I cant think of a time when baseball, football and hockey are in season at the same time. They did deal the small blind first in the poker game though.
Maybe she was covering arena football.
She said "I call bullshit" on the episode, I was impressed.
I didn't think I heard that right. I was really surprised you could get away with that on TBS, but I guess they don't care, she also said, "You guys are dicks" to her friends, which was another, less surprising bit of vulgarity that I appreciated.