College Football #2

well Florida better win bc as of right now i dont have tickets1200 freakin student tickets for 40k students
1200 students40,000 tickets, I guess they don't teach 1st grade math at Florida do they?
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1200 students40,000 tickets, I guess they don't teach 1st grade math at Florida do they?
what?no they only sold 1200 tickets to 40,000 studentsI guess they dont teach common sense @ ur school
  • 4 weeks later...
You also swore up and down that USC was better than everyone and they put up a second loss against an unranked team.You are wrong. The game is supposed to put the two best teams in the country against each other. There is no rule they can't be from the same conference, and why should there be.
Considering how many people thought I was completely wrong it looks like I deserve at least one bump. I have no explanation for why USC lost to UCLA, but I obviously still believe that they are the clear 2nd best team in the country. I guess the numerical analysis this year was more accurate than the opinion of the average sports writer or fan.But based on the numbers Ohio State is still a solid favorite to win. They played a pretty weak schedule, but had such a big margin of victory that you have to make them the favorite. However, given a month to prepare, I am pretty sure Urban Meyer will come up with a better game plan than Lloyd Carr would have.
They played a pretty weak schedule,
People said the same thing about Wisconsin but they played like crap and still beat Arkansas. Penn State beat #17 TN too, thats 2-0 for the Big-10 vs the SEC which if you go through this thread was declared better than the Big-10 by leaps and bounds.Michigan pulled a no show vs USC, you could tell by watching the sidelines they weren't into the game and didn't care because they wanted to be playing next Monday. Another advantage to playoffs vs bowls... no meaningless games.

Michigan pulled a no show vs USC, you could tell by watching the sidelines they weren't into the game and didn't care because they wanted to be playing next Monday. Another advantage to playoffs vs bowls... no meaningless games.This was discussed on mike and mike in the mourning a few weeks ago. They were saying that Michigan really dont have nothing to play for now. They were talking about if they would come out and play or come out flat. It looked to me as they came out flat as hell. They didnt look nothing like the team that played Ohio State. I couldnt believe how they had absolutely no emotion what so ever. They looked as if they were just going through the motions.

I'm not sure if Florida will win, but I think the game will be a lot closer than people thinkMan Imagine a playoff system with OSU, UF, Michigan, Bosie State, Louisville, LSU, USC and Oklahoma. That wouldve been a fun couple of weeks

Michigan pulled a no show vs USC, you could tell by watching the sidelines they weren't into the game and didn't care because they wanted to be playing next Monday. Another advantage to playoffs vs bowls... no meaningless games.This was discussed on mike and mike in the mourning a few weeks ago. They were saying that Michigan really dont have nothing to play for now. They were talking about if they would come out and play or come out flat. It looked to me as they came out flat as hell. They didnt look nothing like the team that played Ohio State. I couldnt believe how they had absolutely no emotion what so ever. They looked as if they were just going through the motions.
This is a dumb excuse.Michigan lost out on maybe a 10 percent chance to play for the title. They had no reason to expect that they would play for the title if they lost to Ohio State. USC lost out on a guaranteed chance to play for a title. If you ran the numbers, they were certain to play for the title if they had beaten UCLA.By your "disappointed" logic, USC had just as much reason to be disappointed, and therefore suffer a letdown. Besides, for a team with a lot of returning starters, there is a big incentive to play well since this directly affects your ranking for 2007.

i just need to say very good job michigan agaist USC.You almost beat them, it was only a 14 point game, maybe u should get a rematch since it was so closeJust proves Michigan couldnt play agaist real teams

i just need to say very good job michigan agaist USC.You almost beat them, it was only a 14 point game, maybe u should get a rematch since it was so closeJust proves Michigan couldnt play agaist real teams
Have fun losing by 3 TDs to OSU.
This is a dumb excuse.
Did you watch the game, or read a stat sheet. Anyone who watched them vs OSU and vs USC saw two completely different teams.
Michigan lost out on maybe a 10 percent chance to play for the title. They had no reason to expect that they would play for the title if they lost to Ohio State.
Being ranked # 2 after the loss is good reason, they got screwed by the system. Getting jumped by USC with all the high ranking teams they beat at the end of the season I understand, getting jumped by a Florida team who was winning games by 1 and 2 points all year was ridiculous.
USC lost out on a guaranteed chance to play for a title. If you ran the numbers, they were certain to play for the title if they had beaten UCLA.
Run numbers, run numbers...are you a robot? Put a playoff in and play it out on the field.
By your "disappointed" logic, USC had just as much reason to be disappointed, and therefore suffer a letdown.
USC wasn't disappointed, they were embarrassed at losing to an UNRANKED team. Lets not even get into how they barely escaped a few other Pac-10 games. They had more to prove than a Michigan team who was expecting to play on the 8th, not the first.
Besides, for a team with a lot of returning starters, there is a big incentive to play well since this directly affects your ranking for 2007.
First off, using what they did in a bowl game 8 months earlier is the dumbest possible way to determine preseason rankings (which should not exist in the first place). So are you saying Boise State starts off as number 1 next year... because they are 13-0 and pulled off one of the biggest bowl wins in years, that momentum makes them the team to beat next year right??? No, it's flat out dumb. Second Michigan and USC are both going to start in the top 5 next year, there isn't going to be a huge difference between starting #1 or #4.
First off, using what they did in a bowl game 8 months earlier is the dumbest possible way to determine preseason rankings (which should not exist in the first place). So are you saying Boise State starts off as number 1 next year... because they are 13-0 and pulled off one of the biggest bowl wins in years, that momentum makes them the team to beat next year right??? No, it's flat out dumb. Second Michigan and USC are both going to start in the top 5 next year, there isn't going to be a huge difference between starting #1 or #4.
It only works for the big name teams. Preseason results had almost no bearing on the final results this year, but they have in other years.Last years bowl games did appear to affect the preseason rankings. USA Today 1.Ohio State (28)-----W 2.Texas (11)----------W 3.Notre Dame (9)-----L 3.USC (1)--------------L 5.Oklahoma (13)-----W 6.Auburn (1)----------L 7.West Virginia--------W 8.Florida---------------W 9.LSU------------------W 10.Florida State-------L 11.Miami (FL)---------L 12.California----------W 13.Louisville-----------L 14.Georgia------------L 15.Michigan-----------L 16.Virginia Tech------W 17.Iowa---------------L 18.Clemson-----------W 19.Penn State--------W 20.Oregon-------------L 21.TCU----------------W 22.Nebraska----------W 23.Tennessee----------- 24.Alabama-----------W 25.Texas Tech--------L6 of the top 9 won, and 6 of the next 8 lost. 18-25 either lost a lotof starters or were lower tier teams with not much expectations.Also, 4 of the 5 highly ranked teams that lost had a good reason to be there-Miami and FSU because they are always rated highly(not after this year though), Notre Dame because they were returning everyone, and USC because they had played spectactularly well the last few years. The only mystery was Auburn. All of the other top 17 teams appear to be affected by their bowl results.
It only works for the big name teams. Preseason results had almost no bearing on the final results this year, but they have in other years.
I'm aware it happens. What I am telling you is it's retarded for bowl games to affect teams that are different the next year, and its even more idiotic for a coach to tell your team "hey guys, were playing for next years preseason rankings, so go beat the other team!" If you think any teams are thinking about next seasons preseason rankings, your wrong.I'm also telling you I don't give a crap if a team starts out preseason 1st, 15th, or 30th... the way the system is set up now someone is going to get screwed.
Did you watch the game, or read a stat sheet. Anyone who watched them vs OSU and vs USC saw two completely different teams.
2 different teams, then how should you have expected t beat OSU???
2 different teams, then how should you have expected t beat OSU???
Because I think if Michigan was playing for the National Championship, they would've put in a harder fought effort than they did after feeling they had been screwed by the system into a meaningless game. Michigan didn't care in that Rose Bowl. USC on the other hand had something to prove after losing 2 games this season. They had no hopes for Glendale after their last game, and therefore didn't have other thoughts.
Because I think if Michigan was playing for the National Championship, they would've put in a harder fought effort than they did after feeling they had been screwed by the system into a meaningless game. Michigan didn't care in that Rose Bowl. USC on the other hand had something to prove after losing 2 games this season. They had no hopes for Glendale after their last game, and therefore didn't have other thoughts.
I do believe if there was a playoff or even michigan was in the nc game they would have played alot better. This just wasnt the same team that I have watched all year. I am a huge Ohio State fan, but I root for the big ten second. I was truly disappointed in this game. As you said USC had something to prove after losing to 2 unranked teams, at the time they played them. Michigan lost out due to Urban meyer lobbying and the powers to be not wanting a rematch. Its a shame to be ranked 2nd in the nation and cause you dont play you lose your ranking. Go Ohio State kick some gator butt
further proving the point CARR needs to be fired
I don't think he needs to be fired, they need to expand the offensive playbook a little. They guy coached them to a national title once and was a late hit from beating OSU in Ohio this year and playing for it again, which they should have been if it wasn't for Meyers pandering and whining.