I just went broke and I need to rebuild. I know this post will get moved to online poker but no one reads that so I'll post it here and hopefully get some responses before it gets moved...sorry to the mods, you know I don't mean to be a **** I'm just lookin for information.I want to play SNGS to rebuild my roll, they are always the easiest to build with because of the soft competition. I want to know, however, which site would be best to go to. I will play nothing but 5 and 10 dollar single tables. Stars, Full Tilt, and Bodog are my choices, but I'm open to others if there are suggestions.I would like rundowns of the competition at these levels on all these sites if possible, I'm sure a lot of FCPers play in this area. I haven't played at Bodog ever so I'm not sure what I would get there. I've played at Full Tilt before and like it but not sure where it's at now bc of the online ban, etc. I play at Stars now so I know about what the competition would be like, but would it be more profitable to play somewhere else just for the change of scenery?Help is needed, thanks guys.If it's any help, I can play all the games so if Bodog has extremely juicy PLO or Stud8 SNGS for instance, let me know.

i've only played NLHE s'n'g's, but the competition at bodog's crazy soft at the levels you're talking about. stay farrrrrr away from the turbo's if you want to play poker though.

After Party closed (RIP) I moved my roll over to Full Tilt, because of their attractive bonus. Obviously this bonus is way hard to attain at these levels and I found the play on the sight rock solid. Games lasted very long and I depleted half my roll. I consider myself a good SNG player (30% ROI after 500 sample) but Full Tilt just was no good for me. Stars though was my gold mine and their turbos are very profitable as well. Just my opinion obviously.

If I'm interest in going back to basics and playing ABC SNG Strat, which would be scary tight at the start and loosen gradually until four/five handed, when I would begin stealing and gaining chips to win, which site would be best? If Bodog's structure is so fast would the super tight start usually hurt me because by the time I picked up a real hand I would be down to 750 in chips?I'm used to the Stars structure where I can fold for awhile and be ok, but not great. I'm basically tryin to find what is going to be best for my game. Pokertracker is telling me I used to be playing great, but as time as gone on and I've gotten bored at my level I have loosened up and become more aggressive in my games. With this, I've slowly lost money bc it has created leaks.I want to go back to ABC good poker and do it right this time...no more shots at the 5/10 limit game on Gamesgrid bc it is sooooo juicy lol. I took it for a grand or so and then proceeded to lose it bc of bad bankroll management. I'm punishing myself by three tabling 5 dollar sngs lol because I have to learn not to be a dickhead.Stars/UB/FT/Bodog...help? I miss Party sngs from 2002 when I could sit out at the start and there would be four people left five minutes later.

I think Stars SNGs are great. I'm Party Poker refugee and love their structure comparatively. There is a lot of time to recover if you have an early setback. The competition is very soft for NL, the play is almost as bad as at PP except there aren't as many people shoving all their chips in first hand. The play is awful. The 10's and even 20's are easily beatable if you just play solid ABC poker.

Gamesgrid has some of the softest games tournys. THey are not sng's but small quarantee tournys up to 750 with about only 30 people The thing is the players are usually pretty weak but some great tplayers also. Traffic is light but us friendly and great service that i received. Using my refer code is not bad either. Robk892. Hope that didn't break any rules

I'm a prop at Gamesgrid, that's why I played there. I signed up when it was a nothing site and I got 130% rakeshare, meaning it didn't matter if I put money in the pot or not...If three people were in the hand and the rake ended up being 1 dollar, my rakeshare was 33 cents. I got 130% of that or about 43 cents...every hand lol, what a deal. Now it's down to like 90% or so and the site is bigger so it's not as profitible for me.I went broke because I'd play in the 5/10 game and make two hundred, then come back the next day and end up losing it which was horrible bc my bankroll was about 1000 and I'm playing 5/10...idiot.I just want to see that big score in my account, which is my problem. I need patience. No more Gamesgrid

Yeah, go back to ABC poker. I mean REALLY tight. Go to the tournament strat section and read the stickied thread on strategy for $20 180 man SNG's. Play the early levels of a regular SNG that tight. That strategy is excellent for low buy-in play. Just sit back, wait for premium hands, let the donks knock each other out and start taking over around bubble. I don't think its important to start stealing blinds until the 100/200 level unless your opponents are just bending over, then take them earlier. Playing ABC poker isn't the way anybody wants to play, but at lower levels it is the way to win. I found similar leaks when I tried to become more of a LAG player at these levels. Hopefully sooner rather than later I'll have the roll to get more creative with my game by playing the higher buy-in tournaments, other than when I play the Sunday million donkfest.

Too late for any rakeback or signup bonuses, I'm already a member everywhere. I haven't deposited at Bodog yet, however, so I guess I'd get their bonus.I'm not shaky on the strat for the SNGS at stars or UB or FT. I've played them and I know what I'm doin, it's just a matter of doing it and not getting bored.I've never seen the 180 SNG strat but that sounds cool I need to check it out. I've only played like two of those but always thought they'd be a good thing to be good at as practice for bigger MTTS.Thanks for the help guys, anyone think FT is the best? I've heard arguments for UB and Stars, and Stars is winning because that's where I am now and the MTTS have more selection so I can play some 3R tourneys and donk off some steam from bein so ABC all day.FT anyone? anyone?

If you want someone to spout the praises of FT, I will gladly. I prefer the structure of the FT SnG, as they go up very smoothly. They also have a really nice assortment of game options, having just recently added some new ones. Just stay away from the turbos... I am ahead in them, but just by a sheer crapshoot.I cant speak to the competition level though, as I play lower levels than what you are looking for.

I agree, I think FT is awesome. I play it often and regularly. However, I have played Stars for a while now, and I agree with pheonix:

I think Stars SNGs are great. I'm Party Poker refugee and love their structure comparatively. There is a lot of time to recover if you have an early setback. The competition is very soft for NL, the play is almost as bad as at PP except there aren't as many people shoving all their chips in first hand. The play is awful. The 10's and even 20's are easily beatable if you just play solid ABC poker.
You should probably try both of them to see how you feel. But if it was me, I'd say Stars is your best bet. Good luck to your rebuild, hope you end up ontop.

Jopkestars would be my pick. you can 4 table 5$'s no problem and not have to wait more than 2 minutes for all 4 to fill. after a massive sample of 50 sngs i had 20% roi but 50% ITM (lol at 3rds), playing ABC strat just like you said