That was fun to watch. Daniel was making some sick reads and Sexton's call against Matusow was great. We didn't get to see much of the heads-up match, so we can't really tell who was getting lucky. But I remember Daniel saying that whenever he had a great hand Sexton didn't have anything but when Sexton was strong he had a little something.

That was fun to watch. Daniel was making some sick reads and Sexton's call against Matusow was great. We didn't get to see much of the heads-up match, so we can't really tell who was getting lucky. But I remember Daniel saying that whenever he had a great hand Sexton didn't have anything but when Sexton was strong he had a little something.
They showed like three hands heads up, but in truth, I fought back for close to 7 hours heads up.
They showed like three hands heads up, but in truth, I fought back for close to 7 hours heads up.
Yea I hard the sick comeback you made. I was very disappointed they didn't show mor heads up. DN when you said the cooler comment on the AA QJ hadn at the end, was it just overall or were you just frustrated with the hand.
Blak seems like a real nice guy (but that push with A K was very baaaaaaaaaad).Daniel calling out 'Kings?' to Sexton was pretty damn sick. :club:
i know Andy Black and play regularly in the same club as him, and it has to be said that the 'blowup' with AK is an all too regular occurance with him. He is one of the best poker players i have ever seen when he gets a big stack (which is very very often) but you can guarantee that he will overplay one hand at some point and piss his chips away. If he could get the 'andy black blowup' out of his game, he would start winning big tournaments, that im sure of.Btw you couldnt meet a nicer guy.

I'd love to hear the reasoning that lead DN to kings on that hand. If I remember the hand went:PF Sexton raises, DN callsFlop check/checkTurn DN bets, Sexton callsRiver check, Sexton bets, DN calls.Not exactly a textbook way to play KK by Sexton but certainly an interesting line. From a more aggressive player it looks like a bluff to me but against Sexton - who knows. Interesting that Matusow and Black were both clueless about what Sexton had.Horribly disappointing that they didn't show much more of the HU. I'd have loved to see it all but at the very least show some of the up and down. It was a marathon HU session and the editing made it look like Sexton won one big pot and then DN shoved in desperation. Nothing even close to what happened in reality.Also how come the players kept talking about how tired they were and how long they'd been playing but the announcers never explained the situation. If I remember correctly they went really late on day one to get down to the FT and then the FT was pretty long until it got HU and the HU was a marathon in itself. You couldn't tell any of that from watching the show when a simple ten second comment would have made it all clear.

I'd love to hear the reasoning that lead DN to kings on that hand. If I remember the hand went:PF Sexton raises, DN callsFlop check/checkTurn DN bets, Sexton callsRiver check, Sexton bets, DN calls.Not exactly a textbook way to play KK by Sexton but certainly an interesting line. From a more aggressive player it looks like a bluff to me but against Sexton - who knows. Interesting that Matusow and Black were both clueless about what Sexton had.Horribly disappointing that they didn't show much more of the HU. I'd have loved to see it all but at the very least show some of the up and down. It was a marathon HU session and the editing made it look like Sexton won one big pot and then DN shoved in desperation. Nothing even close to what happened in reality.Also how come the players kept talking about how tired they were and how long they'd been playing but the announcers never explained the situation. If I remember correctly they went really late on day one to get down to the FT and then the FT was pretty long until it got HU and the HU was a marathon in itself. You couldn't tell any of that from watching the show when a simple ten second comment would have made it all clear.
and that's exactly why he did it. I loved that play. Throw the texbook out the window. He was protecting against an Ace and when it failed to appear on the flop he went for the trap. Sort of dangerous since Daniel plays lots of hands, but the check also disguises that fact that he has kings...to a point. Obviously it didnt take Daniel long to eventually figure it out. This was such a great hand and I'm so glad they showed it.
Also how come the players kept talking about how tired they were and how long they'd been playing but the announcers never explained the situation. If I remember correctly they went really late on day one to get down to the FT and then the FT was pretty long until it got HU and the HU was a marathon in itself. You couldn't tell any of that from watching the show when a simple ten second comment would have made it all clear.
ESPN wants to preserve the illusion that they're not cutting out hands.Despite the donktastic play, fast structure, and crappy commentary by non-Koniks involved in the PokerDome series, I enjoy seeing literally every hand. Gives you a better sense for the fact that most hands involve uninteresting garbage.
  • 2 weeks later...
and that's exactly why he did it. I loved that play. Throw the texbook out the window. He was protecting against an Ace and when it failed to appear on the flop he went for the trap. Sort of dangerous since Daniel plays lots of hands, but the check also disguises that fact that he has kings...to a point. Obviously it didnt take Daniel long to eventually figure it out. This was such a great hand and I'm so glad they showed it.
Not quite. The reason Mike played the KK that way was because the board was VERY scary for his hand. Especially considering the fact that he knows me and knows that I could very easily flop two pair or better on the board.
Not quite. The reason Mike played the KK that way was because the board was VERY scary for his hand. Especially considering the fact that he knows me and knows that I could very easily flop two pair or better on the board.
Yeah, that's what I meant to say! :club: True...those cards were definitely "in your neighborhood". Appreciate the clarity and insight. Great hand and a great TOC, easily one of the best of all the '06 WSOP broadcasts. :D
  • 2 weeks later...

Better later than never..........I didn't find out the TOC final table was still going on until 4:00 AM.when i got there DN & Sexton were heads-up than and it ended around 7:00 / 7:30 Tuesday morning.From what i heard they had already been playing for hours before i got there.I talked to DN on there break and he had said he hadn't had anything to eat since 2:00 PM on Monday.You might not be able to see it on ESPN taping but both of them were dead tired from all the hours of playing.and after watching it on ESPN i also think they only showed afew hands of them playing heads-up too.for the few hours i was there it was still great to be able to watch them play and meet DN.