45 Player Sng

PokerStars (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is Button with A :D 5 :D (11647 in chips)Players post Ante of 75.SB posts a blind of 600. BB posts a blind of 1200.2 folds, Hero raises to 3000, Villian (SB) calls, 1 fold.Flop: 6 :D , 8 :) , 7 :club:(2 players)Villian insta-shoves 10062 (All-In)Hero?We are in the money already. 5th place pays $20.Villian is tight. His preflop call from the SB was surprising. What the hell is he shoving here?The blinds really start to skyrocket late in this tourney. Gamble time?

Call - you have the eight straight outs plus three potential ace outs and the backdoor NFD.I think that villain stop n go's here with a pretty wide range especially if he puts you on two overs.I hate shoving with A-rag and an M around 5. I like the preflop raise to 3K.

and get called only by a PP or A better. no thanks. this only works if you are gonna open shove AA or KK in the same situation.
I hate raising to over 25% of our stack to fold to a shove, especially when there are antes there.11.3% of hands dominate us (55+, A6+). Assuming either of them will call a shove with any hand in that range, we get called 21.3% of the time, and we are 35% against that range.So, 78.7% of the time we take 2175 uncontested = +1700 av.When we get called, we have 35% equity in a ~24k pot which gives -3250.-3250 x 21.3 = -700 av.Combine them and we have +1000 equity for a shove.Determining the EV of raising to just 3k is more difficult, but if you are planning on folding to a shove then I would struggle to see where we get more than 1k equity from.Oh, and I shove this with a huge range, including AA and KK.
and get called only by a PP or A better. no thanks. this only works if you are gonna open shove AA or KK in the same situation.
A. I would shove with AA or KK hereB. I am shoving not to get called, but to take the blinds and antes...regardless...5 handed A5 is huge...the chances of a big pocket pair behind you are a lot smaller than at a 10-handed table - not to mention that you are the button, with two folds in front, and only two hands left to actC. you may also make some pairs, and hands like A7/A8 fold.
I hate raising to over 25% of our stack to fold to a shove, especially when there are antes there.
I agree with Simo here. Kinda silly to invest 25% of our stack then fold to a shove from the blinds. I shove preflop.As played, I call on the flop to the open shove. Your straight outs are very likely live and so too is your Ace-outs. And backdoor flush draw is one extra out as well.

I probably shove preflop, but knowing our stack size and the BB's stack size kinda helps here. I'm not shoving 30xBB if the BB has 60xBB, for example.I call the SB's push, but I don't like it (i.e. it's a puke-in-my-mouth call). If he's tight, the worst hand he could have is a draw to the big end of the straight. More likely it's TP+. Having the A outs helps with the call.

I probably shove preflop, but knowing our stack size and the BB's stack size kinda helps here. I'm not shoving 30xBB if the BB has 60xBB, for example.
BB (20634 in chips)