** The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread **

That first half was probably the best half of basketball the Lakers are going to get this series and they didn't turn it into a win. You guys better hope they make a move for KG in the offseason.
woah...is the Big Ticket an actual possibility for LA??I mentioned it long ago but it more of a fantasy type thing than a reality. That would be SICK!
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Classic Brv

he was as innocent as much as Kavanaugh doesn't like beer

The Blake Mamba

woah...is the Big Ticket an actual possibility for LA??I mentioned it long ago but it more of a fantasy type thing than a reality. That would be SICK!
It would take Bynum and Odom to have a chance to get him, but Jim Buss has a crush on Bynum and wouldn't let him go for anything.
I mentioned it long ago but it more of a fantasy type thing than a reality. That would be SICK!
I think it's possible, but unlikely. It's pretty much going to have to be KG demanding a trade and thats not in his personality. I think everyone is trying to get Bynum from the Lakers but as has been said they aren't giving him up unless they get something silly good in return.Unless the Twolves get super lucky in the lottery and move up high enough to get Durant I want to see KG leave and play for a contender, even if that means LA =/
I think it's possible, but unlikely. It's pretty much going to have to be KG demanding a trade and thats not in his personality. I think everyone is trying to get Bynum from the Lakers but as has been said they aren't giving him up unless they get something silly good in return.Unless the Twolves get super lucky in the lottery and move up high enough to get Durant I want to see KG leave and play for a contender, even if that means LA =/
Getting Durant wouldn't change anything, they'd still struggle to make the playoffs. If the Lakers can get KG for Odom, Bynum and the 19th pick, they better do it, then go sign Morris Peterson and you're set up for a nice 5-year run. First things first though, the comeback starts tonight.
Getting Durant wouldn't change anything, they'd still struggle to make the playoffs. If the Lakers can get KG for Odom, Bynum and the 19th pick, they better do it, then go sign Morris Peterson and you're set up for a nice 5-year run. First things first though, the comeback starts tonight.
Exactly. They cant wait for Bynum to get into his prime. Kobe is a once in lifetime player, and to waste his prime waiting for some kid to blossom when a future hall of famer is out there is insane. The Lakers must go after KG, they must.
  • 3 weeks later...

Hows that "MVP Dirk" thing working out? I'll tell you something Kobe would never do, and that's disappear for a whole freaking series. Dirk might be MVP but the mamba is the people's champion.

Hows that "MVP Dirk" thing working out? I'll tell you something Kobe would never do, and that's disappear for a whole freaking series. Dirk might be MVP but the mamba is the people's champion.
Testify brother McGee!
You miss that playoff game last year where Kobe barely bothered going past 1/2 court for most the second half? Dirk at least tried, I've seen Kobe just bail on his teammates completely.
You miss that playoff game last year where Kobe barely bothered going past 1/2 court for most the second half? Dirk at least tried, I've seen Kobe just bail on his teammates completely.
ERRONEUS!
Perhaps you missed this part of my quote.. so I'll reprint the relevant point.. dirk disappeared for a whole freaking seriesKobe has never and would never do that, until his knees fail or something.

I'm pretty sure Dirk dominated play in the 4th quarter and OT of the game they won. Did he play up to his regular season, not even close. Should he have done better, hell yea... but that doesn't make Kobe the MVP. Hell he's not even top 3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2884339Im not sure what to make of this. No way they trade Kobe, I guess Kupcheck is fukked.
From the interviews I've seen with West he seems to really want to retire. The problem with trading Kobe is getting equal value in return, that's next to impossible especially if he wants to go to any sort of a contender. If I was Kobe, i'd want out of the West though, that whole conference is just silly with good teams and he has a better shot of getting to the finals through the East. LeBron is in the eastern conference finals with a bunch of scrubs, Kobe could do the same thing.

Anyone hear Kobe's interview on am570 today? Probably the most revealing interview I've ever heard from an athlete while a situation was going on. To sum up if you didn't hear it, Kobe just found out today that management lied to him before he re-signed in 2004, telling him they were going to try and win now when they had no intention of doing so. It sounds like they lied to him to get him to stay during the re-building process to sell tickets. Anyway Kobe is really pissed off. I would not be surprised if he is traded now, and after hearing this I feel really bad for him knowing that management lied to him to influence the biggest decision of his career.

From the sounds of it Jerry Buss is a freakin idiot and a jerk. Of course thats just Kobe's story (corroborated sorta by Shaq)NO way they get equal value for Kobe.....they are really in a pickle now. Good luck Kupchak.

And now, for your Chicago Bulls, at guard, number 35.. Kobe... Bryant.
I'm physically ill. I can't believe they're going to lose the best player in the league in the middle of his prime. They deserve what's happening, though, after lying to him. I hope he goes somewhere he can win.
And now, for your Chicago Bulls, at guard, number 35.. Kobe... Bryant.
What do they give up though? I assume it would something like:Bulls get: Kobe BryantLakers get: Gordon, Nocioni, Wallace, picks.
What do they give up though? I assume it would something like:Bulls get: Kobe BryantLakers get: Gordon, Nocioni, Wallace, picks.
Maybe Gordon and picks, I don't think they can trade Wallace without his approval and I don't think they would unless they also got Bynum in the deal and I think that's a reach. The Bulls haven't done well with young post players the last few years so I'm not sure they want to take on another big guy with "potential". Kobe would play Gordon's position so logically hes the one that has to go. I don't think the Bulls want to give up Deng for anything.
Maybe Gordon and picks, I don't think they can trade Wallace without his approval and I don't think they would unless they also got Bynum in the deal and I think that's a reach. The Bulls haven't done well with young post players the last few years so I'm not sure they want to take on another big guy with "potential". Kobe would play Gordon's position so logically hes the one that has to go. I don't think the Bulls want to give up Deng for anything.
You know salaries have to match up to make a trade, right? The reason Kobe is wanting to be traded is because the organization's original intentions were to re-build long term, so if they trade Kobe they're not trading Bynum.
You know salaries have to match up to make a trade, right? The reason Kobe is wanting to be traded is because the organization's original intentions were to re-build long term, so if they trade Kobe they're not trading Bynum.
There are ways to play around with the salary rules.I don't see them getting Wallace out of Chicago, the Bulls signed him because they needed a guy in the middle to at least play solid defense. The Bulls are loaded with young talent on the perimeter but they aren't giving up their defensive centerpiece.Other places he could be traded... (all in the East for obvious reasons) and this is just me brainstorming, not anything I've read anywhere.NJ: Carter & a pickNY: for a few of their players with bloated contractsIndiana: O'NealAtlanta: Joe Johnson & #3 pick