BB - $500 MP - $350 Hero - $650MP is new so no read on him. BB has showed me 2 things: 1. He way overvalues TPTK; 2. He overbets big hands. There are 3 limpers to the Hero on the Button. Hero raises to $12 with K :D T :D . BB, MP, and CO call.FLOP ($49): 8 :D 9 :) Q :club: BB checks, MP bets $20, CO folds. Hero raises to $60. BB and MP call.TURN ($229): 6 :club: BB bets $220. MP folds, Hero ???What range do we put BB on? What does his line mean? Do we count 7's as outs? Could this be A :) Q :) ? Could he fold to a push? Too many questions.Thanks in advance.

honestly i like smooth calling here on the flop a lot more since we have position.. there is no reason to help swell the pot up here for a couple reasons1. if he is just c/betting here, there is a good chance he will shut down on the turn if he blanks, and c/f to a bet. 2. keeps the pot smaller so you can draw to your flush/straight cheaply. if your read is correct and the villain overvalues TP and he most likely overvalues overpairs also, so you will still get paid off if you make the flush/or straight. one bad thing about your hand though is that it is obvious if you hit it either way. your straight card will put a 4card straight on the board, and your flush is obviouso also. there are merits to raising as it will disguise your hand a tad better. there also is the chance he holds AQ and your K is an out also. basically i think this hand is villain dependent because you have to weigh either raising or calling on the assumption that if you raise 1. is this villain capable of folding? obviously if he is a calling station, pay as little as you can to hit your draw that value bet the **** out of him. if he is the type of player that can lay down a hand then you should raise him for the two reasons that it will disguise your hand if you hit, or it will make him fold a better hand. if you call here against a good oponent, and hit, i doubt you will get much action unless he has a set and decides to draw to his boat, or has the Ahi redraw with a hand like A :club: Qxjudging from my experience playing live 1/2NL, most of the players cannot lay down their big hands and TPTK's, so i would draw cheap and value bet if i hit, save money if i fold, also just calling may bring the other guy along, putting more dead money in the pot...

I'm not entirely sure I'd raise the flop, here. If dude overvalue marginal hands, with position, why not play a bit passively on this flop? Keep the pot small incase you miss, but, allow him to keep betting into you when you hit? I normally like to play these OESFD/Double-gutter & Flush draws very aggressively, but, I'm also not used to having dudes bet my hand for me. As is, I think you probably have to fold the turn to anyone who's not near-brain damage..

BB - $500 MP - $350 Hero - $650MP is new so no read on him. BB has showed me 2 things: 1. He way overvalues TPTK; 2. He overbets big hands. There are 3 limpers to the Hero on the Button. Hero raises to $12 with K :D T :D . BB, MP, and CO call.FLOP ($49): 8 :D 9 :) Q :club: BB checks, MP bets $20, CO folds. Hero raises to $60. BB and MP call.TURN ($229): 6 :club: BB bets $220. MP folds, Hero ???What range do we put BB on? What does his line mean? Do we count 7's as outs? Could this be A :) Q :) ? Could he fold to a push? Too many questions.Thanks in advance.
i like your raise on the flop. in the worst case scenario on the flop is that he has TJo, which puts you at 42.73% to win the hand, and QQ, which takes away some heart outs still puts you at 34%. when i flop monster draws, i like building the pot because you are going to win here around 50% of the time with cards alone, and probably another 20% bluffing the river. this hand has tremendous bluffing potential on the turn or river if a T or J comes even against QQ, because villain could easily think your range of hands for raising would be something like QhJh/QhTh for tp/gutter/fl draw on the flopbased on your preflop raise, villian could have something like TJ, QK, or worst case AQ, but its highly unlikelyhope my first post in strat is insightfulpatrick
i like your raise on the flop. in the worst case scenario on the flop is that he has TJo, which puts you at 42.73% to win the hand, and QQ, which takes away some heart outs still puts you at 34%. when i flop monster draws, i like building the pot because you are going to win here around 50% of the time with cards alone, and probably another 20% bluffing the river. this hand has tremendous bluffing potential on the turn or river if a T or J comes even against QQ, because villain could easily think your range of hands for raising would be something like QhJh/QhTh for tp/gutter/fl draw on the flopbased on your preflop raise, villian could have something like TJ, QK, or worst case AQ, but its highly unlikelyhope my first post in strat is insightfulpatrick
I agree with rwood. If this guy is apt to go nuts with a 1 pair hand, then why do you want to risk having to invest all of your chips on a draw? You have the other guy in the middle, coming along and adding value, which should make you smooth call even more.On the turn, you're not really getting good odds. Unless you have reason to believe otherwise, you shouldn't assign him a hand like A :club: Q :D because you can't really know that. You can conservatively take away 1 of your outs, assuming that he is likely to hold a J, a K or a heart, if indeed those are all outs for you.I know aggression is good, but it's better heads up. You have a huge draw and you wanna make sure you see all 5 cards to get there.Once the turn blanks, you built the pot, and he bets that big, you gotta fold. It's -EV to put money in here.
I agree with rwood. If this guy is apt to go nuts with a 1 pair hand, then why do you want to risk having to invest all of your chips on a draw? You have the other guy in the middle, coming along and adding value, which should make you smooth call even more.On the turn, you're not really getting good odds. Unless you have reason to believe otherwise, you shouldn't assign him a hand like A :club: Q :D because you can't really know that. You can conservatively take away 1 of your outs, assuming that he is likely to hold a J, a K or a heart, if indeed those are all outs for you.I know aggression is good, but it's better heads up. You have a huge draw and you wanna make sure you see all 5 cards to get there.Once the turn blanks, you built the pot, and he bets that big, you gotta fold. It's -EV to put money in here.
i gree on the turn, you definitely arent getting the odds to call. i think that wuld be why the villian overbet the pot (60+60+12+12+limpers) by 50%. since youre only getting about 2.5-1 when youre 3.5-1 to hit, its an easy laydown. 8 or 9 times out of 10 at tihs level, the villain is checking TP, and luring you in with a bet of ~75-100 on the turn to get you to chase the draw

A couple of things.BB is the Villain in the hand. When Villain checked the flop, I figured that he had missed (as he had been overbetting made hands). MP was the one who led at the flop into Hero (the preflop raiser).The primary intentions of my raise was to build a pot and get heads up with MP. I was totally shocked when Villain check/called the $60.Based on history with Villain, I can completely rule out QQ - he would have reraised preflop. What hand does the Villain take this line with? Seems like he is protecting against FD/SD.Interesting stuff so far. Thanks.

A couple of things.BB is the Villain in the hand. When Villain checked the flop, I figured that he had missed (as he had been overbetting made hands). MP was the one who led at the flop into Hero (the preflop raiser).The primary intentions of my raise was to build a pot and get heads up with MP. I was totally shocked when Villain check/called the $60.Based on history with Villain, I can completely rule out QQ - he would have reraised preflop. What hand does the Villain take this line with? Seems like he is protecting against FD/SD.Interesting stuff so far. Thanks.
Well-played so far.Easy fold here on the turn.

I defentely like the reraise, but I think I'd put in alittle more, prolley $75-80. I'd like to take the hand down right here, as I know I'm basically a coin flip. I hate the call. On the turn, that bet it is a pretty standard fold.

Im thinking the BB has the straight already, most likely J10, and the big turn bet is to prevent opponents from drawing. The BB would have to have serious garbage to fold to a push because he's already invested nearly 60% of his stack into this hand. I think we've got 11 outs here (J or a heart). I fold.