Wsop May Not Accept Online Qualifiers?

I agree with Looshle,I find alot of poker players like to talk like they make the money etc. and some people don't understand that there are alot of good players who are not pro. The ones you don't see on tv as much. Poker players that usually talk that they have game are usually the ones that are weak. When you show STRENGTH you are usually WEAK. Does this sound familiar(Book of Tells).I think the internet players are probably stonger than some pros due to the fact they see more hands. They only lack live experience which balances things out for the live players. It begs the question are LIVE players better than online players??
The worst players I have ever played with in a live tourney have been in the WSOP ME. On the other hand, the best players I have played with in a live tournament was Aruba, and that was a field made up almost entirely of internet players. UB players tend to be a bit more solid however due to the structure, so their game is better molded for live deep stack play.I've said for a long time now that I find online tournaments much more difficult then live tournaments. For the most part, you get played back at less since people are more cautious live then online. It's harder for most players (obv not all) to make a play on you with air when they have to actually look you in the eye and not click a mouse. Obviously there are a number of great live tournament players that none of this applies to, but for the most part that has been my observation.
I'm thinking Pros would like to see a limited field compared to ones with young internet whiz kids from Scandanavia(stereotyping here). I think this would also hurt internet sites since most of there promos are based on the WSOP.I wonder if they would only limit it to the HORSE and 10,000 Buy-In events only.
Alan Cunningham disagreesand so do probably 95% of the other pros. without the amatuers there would be no endorsements, books, DVD's and appearance fees. There also wouldn't be tourneys every other week offering a million or more to the winner. Any pro that doesn't like the current status of poker is braindead.
But he wasn't on TV! You are nothing until you show your cards to a hole cam obviously! ;-) Being on TV makes you a pro, and better then everyone else. For example, Evelyn and Clonie are like 1000 times better at tournament poker then Strassa, or even FCP's PrtyPSux, because they are on tv a lot.Old Raymer rgp and 2+2 posts are very educational.
Aren't they better than him just because he sucks?
Aren't they better than him just because he sucks?
LOL. Are you saying Clonie and Evy don't suck? Kinda disappointing if you ask me. ;-)Heh, picking on JC when he isn't here to defend himself? Standard. I meant to change my post about best live tournament players to the Venetian rebuy, because we played it so many times together, and you obv own all people in the game of poker. ;-)
It's pretty obv that my KTs is the nuts agianst your A6s on the Ah7s4s flop sir.
Best. Hand. Ever.Also, best reaction to busting out of a tournament ever by your victim. Obv world record speed on exiting the poker room.
I bet I'm in the minority here but I wish the only way you could enter the WSOP was to put up the $10,000 cash. It would limit the field alot. We would see more pros deep in the event and possibly winning (for a change). I know I would put up the money to play in it anyway. What do you guys think?
dead money is good money.- Jordan
jack harris, is that you?
:D I was going to respond, but you 2 took care of business.
somewhat agreed. I wish a few more pros had a shot to go really deep to make it for more interesting tv. I can also see people wanting as much dead money online qualifys as possible though.
You're stupid, just like always though.
FYP Not being rude, I just think HORSE kicks ***. And at 50,000 buy in, that could be a hella big pot .
:club: