That word is kind of a big pet peeve of mine, but I must say that sig is pretty amusing......nice work :club:
Honestly I agree.. that word is so played out. But its the best thing that describes him IMO.
Push. AINEC.You really don't know anything about tournament strategy at all, do you?
Youre right, I have no clue. Ive never played before... Id push all in preflop after a bunch of limpers have already called and hope they dont call my pathetic stack.. and when they do, I hope my 5's hold up.
Honestly I agree.. that word is so played out. But its the best thing that describes him IMO.Youre right, I have no clue. Ive never played before... Id push all in preflop after a bunch of limpers have already called and hope they dont call my pathetic stack.. and when they do, I hope my 5's hold up.
You can't expect the General tards to be able to relate to strategy. My mistake for even bring it up.
Because he only had a pair of 5's. And yeah, you did the right thing..
Im pretty sure he has a much better understanding of tournament strategy than you do. Search for his posts around WSOP time...
Im pretty sure he has a much better understanding of tournament strategy than you do. Search for his posts around WSOP time...
Alright already.. I never said anybody was a bad player.. get off my nuts already. Let this guy have his thread back. Geez.
Honestly I agree.. that word is so played out. But its the best thing that describes him IMO.Youre right, I have no clue. Ive never played before... Id push all in preflop after a bunch of limpers have already called and hope they dont call my pathetic stack.. and when they do, I hope my 5's hold up.
Actually, at this point, you want a call.
Actually, at this point, you want a call.
I dont think anybody ever actually wants to get called with pocket 5's. I could be wrong, but Id rather they fold and I take down a $600 dollar pot than risk losing all my chips in a attempt to triple up with my chances being so low. So in this case I wounldnt have pushed all in preflop because Im almost certain there would have been two callers. And they prolly would have checked it down to get rid of the "all in" guy. I would have either pushed all in before this hand.. or just checked the big blind after the two callers and saw a free flop.. if its rags, you can try pushing in there. Thats just my opinion. And Im done with this thread.

sounds like the dealer should be fired. or at least go throuhg another hand ranking seminar. hahasplits can be tricky but in that case it is not... a set loses to a flush in hold'em(im assuming thats what was played)

Two fives pushes preflop, you don't think an amateur calls with AJ? Hmm...
Let them call. We're ahead.Of course, we could just fold and wait for pocket aces.
Because he only had a pair of 5's.
Well, most tournament players are going to say to push here I think. For 2 reasons: He is almost for sure ahead here, and also this is the last hand he will have any fold equity. His raise will be to over 6X the bb. That isn't exactly easy for a limper to call. But even if they do, I wouldn't care because I'd be ok hoping my 50/50 holds up because I need the chips here. If you check/fold the flop, then fold your sb, you will be down to 4X the bb. So even doubling up there barely does you any good.This is pretty cut and dry in my mind. Already the OPs stack is lower than it should be. I would actually push any two cards if this exact situation came up. But I guess tourney strat should be left to another forum.Mark

OMG this is a question about ethics, who cares how he should have played the hand, nobody gets real strat advice in General. As I see it, rake that shit, it's your pot. I mean if it's a friendly freeroll then be nice, but if it's for $$$, what the hell, it's just another way of profiting off of your opponent's mistake.

A push would be mandatory if the OP was opening the pot, but from the big blind, I think you can go either way. You don't have much fold equity, and you're probably better off waiting for first-in vigorish to push.As far as the actual "dilemma" goes, I'd say if the other player can't read his hand, that's his fault. Now if he tables his hand, the dealer mucks it, and he says "no, I had a flush", you should probably give him the pot, but this is more of a gray area. If it was me, I honestly would have probably just gathered my chips.Well, no that's not true. Since it's a freeroll, I would have pointed out the mistake to be magnanimous, but if it was a decent buy-in tournament, I wouldn't have felt bad at all about keeping the pot.