when to fold big slick

I was in a wsop satellite double shoot on stars, I get AK on bb 5 handed theres one mid field limper and sb makes it 300 to go. @ this point small blind is the chip leader i'm second in chips. The flop is A Q 10 rainbow small blind moves all in and has me covered should I call.

I would. You have top pair top kicker, any Jack will give you the straight. You have good outs there, he MAY have hit his set, or he may have just hit an ace with a weak kicker, like a Jack.

He's probably scaring you on top of that. Anytime someone hits something big you think the correct move is the suck in or slow playing, not. "Must... push.... CHIPS!"

I think you got your wish with this flop, and if your playing that way then this is the pot you need to take a stand on.. Im actually very interested what did you do and what was the outcome?

Damn.... That move is one of my biggest pet peeves, raise pre flop and then move all in on the flop. Its seriously been about 50/50 for me when ive been in this position , either im extremely beat or im killing them.

You should have reraised preflop and you would know where you stand. I would call. 5 handed your most likley the best in this position.If your gonna fold you should have just folded preflop when he raised. Your commited and you caught the flop nicely call.Do you think he flopped a set and moved all in???? No he gonna trap strength means weakness most of the time. Especially if this guy has been raising alot!

Yeah like, no question about it. that was a Call situation. But still: Why would he push with that? What IF you folded..? Is he stupid? Like, its whenever someone hits a dream flop they push.

A/K is one of the toughest hands to play for me. You have to represent it all the way if your A or K don't hit the flop given your raise pre-flop. this becomes very dangerous depending on the number of callers in the pot. How far do you take the bluff? And if they do hit, they can often be beat by another player with a set or a draw of some sort. Tough hand to play.

damnit, you posted results. was gonna say some likely hands are (given the way the preflop was played): AK, AQ, AT, QT, TTT, or KJ. It is ALSO possible he has nothing, however, even bullies will not risk all their chips with nothing (usually) and with the preflop play and an ace on the flop, i just cannot see a player push all in after that preflop play without having something here.Given the current tournament circumstances (your chip position, his chip position, the late point in the tourney) i see no reason to call this. You are NOT hurt by folding. You can regain the chips by playing bully yourself whenever he's not in the pot, or trapping him later. Or, you can let himself get trapped by somebody else (LIKELY!) and then you get to push around more. I just don't see any advantage to calling unless you have a perfect read on him and he's drawing dead to 2 outs or so.You just don't have any need to win this pot in order to win the tournament. I'm not flaming anyone, but I really have to say that most of the advice given so far has just not been good advice. (and yah yah i have credentials and tourney wins and all that jazz) i'll betcha Danny N agrees with me!(EDIT small addition, clarity)

I think the move was to reraise preflop or fold preflop. Calling a raise with ak trying to trap someone is a suicide play, u have no idea what strenght of hand the other player has. After the flop u had no clue what he had, he could have also had KJ or Q10. Unless u were short stacked I think the right move was to fold since u had no idea where u were. Calling off all your chips in that situation was a poor play at best

I've been reading this forum for a while now and never had the urge to post anything until now. Not to be mean or anything but I must say that was a very poor decision to call. Putting in all your chips when you have the second biggest stack on just a top pair is just unnecessary, especially if you're simply calling and not betting. Those kind of flops are a recipe for disaster because he can easily have two pair, trips or even a nut straight, especially if he raised preflop. I would bet huge or go all in too if I was him, since that flop has such dangerous drawing potential. He was the chip leader, I doubt he was going to risk almost his whole stack trying to bluff you out with something mediocre for just 300 chips. I don't know what your chip counts were, but if you guys were the biggest stack I cant imagine 300 chips made you pot committed enough to call the all in with just a pair of Aces. Folding would have been the better choice, and then wait for another opportunity. But then again, that just me.

Literally while reading your post just now, I won a $45 pot on Pokerroom with that exact flop, A-Q-10. I called the all-in from 10-10 with KJ.Your Slick would have been toast...

"If your gonna fold you should have just folded preflop when he raised. Your commited and you caught the flop nicely call. "That's a stupid way to look at it. Why call and lose the rest of your chips when you can fold and live to play another day?

I've been reading this forum for a while now and never had the urge to post anything until now. Not to be mean or anything but I must say that was a very poor decision to call. Putting in all your chips when you have the second biggest stack on just a top pair is just unnecessary, especially if you're simply calling and not betting. Those kind of flops are a recipe for disaster because he can easily have two pair, trips or even a nut straight, especially if he raised preflop. I would bet huge or go all in too if I was him, since that flop has such dangerous drawing potential. He was the chip leader, I doubt he was going to risk almost his whole stack trying to bluff you out with something mediocre for just 300 chips. I don't know what your chip counts were, but if you guys were the biggest stack I cant imagine 300 chips made you pot committed enough to call the all in with just a pair of Aces. Folding would have been the better choice, and then wait for another opportunity. But then again, that just me.
I think FlyinHomie nailed this one right on.The first question to ask is, "why would he go all-in"?- The nuts at this point are KJ for the straight. Very unlikely he will bet all-in at this point if he had KJ if he was trying to maximize his profit.- Bluff? Very unlikely seeing as you were second big stack. Why would he risk it if he had a low pocket pair or something like that.- He's probably going all-in because he has a strong hand (but not the nuts) and doesn't want you to draw out to something that can beat you. He would rather take a stand here and take down the pot thinking he has the better hand at the moment.- That's why you can probably put him on 2-pair, set or maybe even A-K (in which you would be playing for the split anyway). Tracing back to the pre-flop action, his raise could easily be any of those (AQ, A10, QQ, 1010). Very tough decision, but laydown would have been the right play.

This is a pretty easy fold. Unless he is horrible he either has aa, qq, possibly 1010, or more likely he has aq. He could have possibly flopped the straight too.Just think you could find a better spot to get all your chips in with...especially when you are calling all in and not moving all in.

This is a tough situation with a 5 handed game. However, if this is a shootout and he is the chip leader and you are second I think its a fold here because there are a lot of possibilities of hands that he can have. However, this is a hard fold because even you are trailing you know that you have some outs. Also, for the people that say this guy is an idiot for pushing, I think it's a great play. You have to exploit a table image, he does this by raising a lot and being a maniac that bluffs a lot. So what does he do? He makes the play look like a bluff, thats genius! Also if you get a caller preflop chances are he hit that flop and has a big draw or a big hand so pushing here is good because there's a good chance that he will call.

if you can't lay down top pair for all your chips late in a tourney... what can you lay down? there's nothing tough about this fold.