• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reiterate FlyingDonkey's question. E-dog..Cunninhgham.....what has happened to them?Otherwise, this looks very exciting. Whilst your team Daniel looks very strong, (btw I am glad Mike is on your team), I must say that Team 4 looks the strongest to me, although I don't know how most of those players are in cash games.Your discussion about Nick Shulman is interesting. Clearly he is a very good player, but I would have thought that you would have rated Josh much higher than Nick.Being an Aussie, and not exactly a Tony G fan, the combination of the 2 Brunson's with Tony looks like an interesting combination!

Erick and Allen were both #1 picks but opted out. They decided that weren't able to commit to the league so they respectfully declined. Hellmuth, well, when he asked for a private jet and a gazillion extra dollars a day, the poker world moved on. He will regret his decision.

You do realize that you can access my blog from www.fullcontactpoker.com right?
Meh..I never enter the forums through the main page. I have the Forum Index bookmarked and that's the way I go in, so, realistically, it's just as easy for me to hit the blog from CardPlayer--if not easier--than to go through FullContactPoker.com.

This IS the next big thing in poker. Anyone who didnt get in on it made a mistake. Great job to Daniel. The team looks amazing. Freddy has always been one of my favorites, ever since he took the time to sit down and BS with me and another random guy once at Bellagio when we were waiting for a table. I thought that was very cool. Always been a big Harman fan (who isnt, lol). And Evy just looks so damn good! lol....she is Daniels original Protege. Girls got game. And as crazy as Mike is I still like the guy. Love him or hate him he knows his schit. The others Ive heard of but dont realy know. DN's team looks very strong indeed. The next best team is Barry's IMO. Wow!Can't wait for the fireworks to begin. :D:club::D:D

Erick and Allen were both #1 picks but opted out. They decided that weren't able to commit to the league so they respectfully declined. Hellmuth, well, when he asked for a private jet and a gazillion extra dollars a day, the poker world moved on. He will regret his decision.
I would like to see Cunningham and Lindgren but anyways...I am surprised that Hellmuth wouldn't just play and not ask for much. Maybe he is saving face because we know he is a bad cash game player form HSP season 1

Is Nick Schulman the guy referred to as "Nick the Kid?"I know I recognise the name, so I think it must be him. If so I really do rate him. A great pick in my opinion.This has the potential to be the greatest poker spectacle the world has ever seen!

So did I miss out on an FCP PPL draft?Is there something we can do, maybe a $50 pool with 8 people choosing from the 64 competitors.?If someone can handle scoring, I'm in.

mark seif isn't playing. does that mean he's announcing? :(Team 7:Co-Captain- Mike SextonCo-Captain- Cyndy Violette7) Scotty Nguyen10) Robert Williamson23) Michael Mizrachi26) Gavin Smith39) Jennifer Tilly42) Liz Lieutunica final table flashback lol. this team should lead in alcohol consumption

mark seif isn't playing. does that mean he's announcing? :(Team 7:Co-Captain- Mike SextonCo-Captain- Cyndy Violette7) Scotty Nguyen10) Robert Williamson23) Michael Mizrachi26) Gavin Smith39) Jennifer Tilly42) Liz Lieutunica final table flashback lol. this team should lead in alcohol consumption
lol-probably. it this the only team with three women?
Or phil Hellmuth? NO phil in a big NL holdem deal? HMMMMMMMMM maybe mark and phil combo

Team 3:Co-Captain- John JuandaCo-Captain- Erik Seidel3) Annie Duke14) Antonio Esfandiari19) Martin deKnijff30) John D'Agostino35) Mimi Tran46) Phil GordonThis must be what Daniel was talking about when he mentioned "scared picks" taking Annie 3rd overall?? WTF?

I think that this type of event is absolutely critical to the future develop of poker and sincerely hope it is a success.Unfortunately the problem with all these elitist type of events is the background politics that invariably get intertwined with the invitation/selection processes.Don't get me wrong I would dearly have loved to have had an invite along with zillions of others but didn't but I guess thats just too bad and I live in hope of getting invited in a future year but some of those invited absolutely amazes me.However at least they have managed to get most of the decent players involved but some of those invited would never have made my top 200 list never mind top 64.Just my envious two cents worth.

Team 3:Co-Captain- John JuandaCo-Captain- Erik Seidel3) Annie Duke14) Antonio Esfandiari19) Martin deKnijff30) John D'Agostino35) Mimi Tran46) Phil GordonThis must be what Daniel was talking about when he mentioned "scared picks" taking Annie 3rd overall?? WTF?
This has already been discussed.Because of the varying levels of talent in some pools, it made more sense to pick certain players very early--same reason that DN used his first pick on Gabe Thaler.