I Need Help W/ Confusing Play

i am having trouble in my local game we play texas hold em no limit 9-13 players 1 or 2 tables depending on the turnout. There are more weak players in the game than there are strong. The weak players play as if they are retarted. One guy who broke me will go allin with j-3 and fold pkt 10s. i don't know if he even understands the game. But when you have 5 players who play this bad play it's impossible to take control of a game and dominate it. When you raise there will be 5 callers so your pocket queens get busted cuz the guy with k-2 hits his kings. Can someone tell me if i am playing bad and how i can take over this game.

i am having trouble in my local game we play texas hold em no limit 9-13 players 1 or 2 tables depending on the turnout. There are more weak players in the game than there are strong. The weak players play as if they are retarted. One guy who broke me will go allin with j-3 and fold pkt 10s. i don't know if he even understands the game. But when you have 5 players who play this bad play it's impossible to take control of a game and dominate it. When you raise there will be 5 callers so your pocket queens get busted cuz the guy with k-2 hits his kings. Can someone tell me if i am playing bad and how i can take over this game.
I think you need to understand what the standard raise for your game is. If you get 5 callers when you raise 3X BB, then raise to 6-10X BB. Also, be more willing to play more speculative hands for cheap.And one final thing, don't overestimate your fold equity over weak players.
I think you need to understand what the standard raise for your game is. If you get 5 callers when you raise 3X BB, then raise to 6-10X BB. Also, be more willing to play more speculative hands for cheap.And one final thing, don't overestimate your fold equity over weak players.
+1
Almost an absolute certainty.
you also have proabably not played long enough against them to know.given you're not playing but 30 hands per hour, it will take awhile for the luck to be less of a factor than skill.that's not to say you are playing wellSo you are losing money against this group?Or just mad your big hands don't hold up all the time?
First you need to stop thinking in terms of cliches, that you can 'take control of a game and dominate it.' There's no such thing in a game of chance. You can run well, make great reads, and win a lot of uncontested pots. That's about it. Second you need to play straightforward, solid poker. It sounds like you've got a lot of donks at this game. They will pay you off with marginal, speculative hands enough so that merely playing your big hands hard will yield a profit. You just need to increase the sample size.

I agree that you need to keep playing solid, meaning that you've got to keep getting your money in the pot with premium hands. Eventually things will turn in your favor, as is indicated in the odds of your monster hands prevailing over their junk. One of the biggest mistakes I constantly see being made by players who are in your situation is that they start to become afraid to play even the strongest hands for fear of someone sucking out on them. Like I said, according to the odds, you have to get your money in the pot. What happens from that point on is something you just have to accept.

Against 5 random hands QQ only wins 38% of the time. But that minority of the time you do win, you get paid 5:1.
By 38% against 5 random hands, are you saying that if you have QQ and you enter a 6-player pot, you are 38%? Because I think if you are QQ heads up against a random hand, you are 80% to win, and, obviously, the only time QQ is truly dominated is by AA or KK (where QQ is 18%).

If it's this type of game, push pf with QQ regardless of blinds. Despite the low blinds, you'll probably end up getting a caller and then just hope it's some crap like 10J or JQ.I'm sure there's better ways to do it, but this is your best chance of knocking one of them out quickly.

By 38% against 5 random hands, are you saying that if you have QQ and you enter a 6-player pot, you are 38%? Because I think if you are QQ heads up against a random hand, you are 80% to win, and, obviously, the only time QQ is truly dominated is by AA or KK (where QQ is 18%).
he means 5 other hands dealt and all going to showdownand welcom Iceman. Any relation to the other Iceman here ?

When you are playing in a game where there are many Elephants or people who call you down all the time. Its good to be patient and sit until you get a good hand. Then when the time is right make a very big bet pre-flop or go all in pre-flop, most likely you will dominate them and hope it holds up.Or just play more suited connectors pre-flop and hope to flop the nuts. When that happens go bag yourself an elephant. Thats the best advice that i have. :club: