Common Practice In Sngs?

Lately I've been seeing alot of players raising preflop with any Ace. It doesn't matter what their kicker is. There's been a quite few times that I've been in the BB and the SB will minimum raise and every single time the player has had an Ace with a weak kicker. Other times I have seen players raise with their Ace no matter what position (the raise varies between a minimum raise to a standard raise). Of course, there have been times where I reraise the minimum raisers or even standard raisers with high pocket pair or Ace with a good kicker.Most of the times these donks call off their chips just because the Ace hit. There have been times when they've gotten lucky and also hit their kicker for Aces up, but oh well.-------Another occurence that I've seen alot of are players pushing or calling allins in the early stages of an SNG or MTT with small to medium pp. Sometimes I just don't see what some people are thinking. Am I wrong in thinking that some of these players are idiots? is this also a common occurence?Usually I play $10 SNGs

Yeah it is and it's great. Except for the SB play and on the button with no one in I don't agree with the play, it does happen a lot however and be glad that it does. Look for the guys that do this and you'll easily take their stack.

This:

Usually I play $10 SNGs
explains this:
Lately I've been seeing alot of players raising preflop with any Ace. It doesn't matter what their kicker is. There's been a quite few times that I've been in the BB and the SB will minimum raise and every single time the player has had an Ace with a weak kicker. Other times I have seen players raise with their Ace no matter what position (the raise varies between a minimum raise to a standard raise). Of course, there have been times where I reraise the minimum raisers or even standard raisers with high pocket pair or Ace with a good kicker.Most of the times these donks call off their chips just because the Ace hit. There have been times when they've gotten lucky and also hit their kicker for Aces up, but oh well.-------Another occurence that I've seen alot of are players pushing or calling allins in the early stages of an SNG or MTT with small to medium pp. Sometimes I just don't see what some people are thinking. Am I wrong in thinking that some of these players are idiots? is this also a common occurence?
Most poker players are idiots. Start from that assumption and you won't go far wrong.(at least, until you get to $100+ sitngos)
This:explains this:Most poker players are idiots. Start from that assumption and you won't go far wrong.(at least, until you get to $100+ sitngos)
That's why I posted the stakes. lolI figured it had to be because of the low stakes.And one day I do hope to be able to play at $100 SNGs.

I win at $33 SnG"s and I checked with AK in the sb after 2 limpers.And proceeded to make a 2x pot bet on turn and lose to a limped A5s ( He had Aces Up on flop )so, yeah, I"m an idiot too. THat's when I know it's bed time.Ever play so tired you're almost sabotaging yourself.

Ever play so tired you're almost sabotaging yourself.
Try 5:30am after 12 hours of drinking (got through a half bottle of JD on top of 5 cans of Stella Artois). I only remember playing 2 hands of a 4 hour session of PLO8. I played those 2 badly. I don't know about the rest, but I'd lost 3 buyins by the time I quit.

Most people playing SnGs have no idea how to play them. At those stakes, you have plenty of time to sit back, wait for a monster and get paid huge. It's not always fun, but it's nearly always effective. In just about every SnG I cash, I can point to the 1 hand that made sure I was going to cash. You just have to wait for it.A lot of people approach SnGs like they're cash games and are trying to push a small edge (like racing 55 vs. AKo early on). There's no reason to do that. You're better than the field, just wait for it. They'll pay you off.

Most people playing SnGs have no idea how to play them. At those stakes, you have plenty of time to sit back, wait for a monster and get paid huge. It's not always fun, but it's nearly always effective. In just about every SnG I cash, I can point to the 1 hand that made sure I was going to cash. You just have to wait for it.A lot of people approach SnGs like they're cash games and are trying to push a small edge (like racing 55 vs. AKo early on). There's no reason to do that. You're better than the field, just wait for it. They'll pay you off.
This is my basic strategy in the $5.50 SNG's my bankroll allows me to play. Most of the players play these things just like a cash game, and we're usually 3 or 4 handed at the end of the first hour. The key is to sit back and wait for the real premium hands. Players will call off their entire stack with TPTK. There have been numerous time I've made it to the final 2 tables of a 45 person SNG having played fewer than 5 or 6 pots. In both of the 180 person $5.50 SNG's I've won I made it to the final 2 or 3 tables playing exactly this strategy. I usually have a Q of about 1 at this point. I also have had enough time to get good reads on some of the other players. It's very easy for me to put them on ranges of hands.

I've found the same thing in the lower stakes SNGs, and it makes it tough to play "good" hands like TPTK. Like Actuary says, people will play A/6 with TP/NK the same way they play two pair almost identically so it can be tough to figure out where you're at. Waiting for a monster isn't a bad idea at all.If you never get the monster, ridiculous overbets of the pot preflop will steal you a couple blinds in the later stages generally work, and allow you to bide your time.