Gonna Stick It To The General Manager

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This place can't really fire anyone, because it makes them look bad, especially since they can't keep anyone anyways but if they're firing people, it makes it even worse.One guy(who is an electrician outside of staples) purposly took the fuses out of the bailer(thing that crushes boxes) and they had to call out a guy and spend 400 bucks for the guy to put a fuse back in. The guy told him that he did it, didn't get written up. Another guy unplugged the music system so he could play his i-pod on the sound system after work and didn't know how to put the correct cords back in. They had to call out a guy and spend 500 bucks for the guy to say, "this cord goes here", guy didn't get written up.Plus, they just pull this crap on me because they know I'm a good guy and will show up at the time they will tell me to regardless of what I need.........except today.For instance, i asked for a total of 4 days off during the summer(not even 4 in a row) and on one of them was I had to go to a wedding, and I wanted the whole day off. They scheduled me to work 8-3 and instead of saying, "no I need the whole day off" I said, "well I can work from 8-11 so you don't need to find anyone else to open."The other wedding I asked off, I didn't get scheduled but they scheduled a different guy who couldn't work, and I got crap for not taking the early hours of his shift so they had someone to open.And on the other two days(I was going to vegas) i got scheduled for both days and instead of giving me ifferent days to work that week, they just crossed my name off the list.So basically, of the 4 days I asked for off, they scheduled me for 3 of them while other people get weeks off.

ok.change what you can.quit bitching don't like my job either, but it's a little tougher to leave a Career and a house and move. But I got a recruiter helping me to do just that, finally,You work at staples,You've used up all the whining allowed for this,!!!

Well, it's 12:20 and I was supposed to show up at 12 and no call from the manager yet. I'm gonna start getting dressed in a few mins so we'll see how it goes. I might just put in my two weeks anyways because I'm not happy at this place. Thanks for all the help.

So basically, of the 4 days I asked for off, they scheduled me for 3 of them while other people get weeks off.
This is total **** man. I don't want to sound nosey, so don't answer these questions if you don't want to, You can ask yourself these if you want to, but...-Are they honestly paying you enough? If not, I am sure you couldn find a similar job getting paid nearly the same or slightly less but not have to deal with dickfaces.-How long have you been there?-How old are you man?-Do you have bills/mortgage?Those 3 questions will answer a lot for yourself
This is total **** man. I don't want to sound nosey, so don't answer these questions if you don't want to, You can ask yourself these if you want to, but...-Are they honestly paying you enough? If not, I am sure you couldn find a similar job getting paid nearly the same or slightly less but not have to deal with dickfaces.-How long have you been there?-How old are you man?-Do you have bills/mortgage?Those 3 questions will answer a lot for yourself
I've asked myself those questions all the time, which is why i've been struggling with this job.I've been there 7 months, and I make 7.70 Two guys have been there 2 months and they make 7.85(they were hired at that with nearly same experience as me). Most of the cashiers make more than me and they do a lot less. I'm 23.Anyways, I got to get going to work. If anyone could, please pray that I can remain patient and that if I do put in my two weeks notice, I can do it with respect and with a general sense of calmness.
I've asked myself those questions all the time, which is why i've been struggling with this job.I've been there 7 months, and I make 7.70 Two guys have been there 2 months and they make 7.85(they were hired at that with nearly same experience as me). Most of the cashiers make more than me and they do a lot less. I'm 23.Anyways, I got to get going to work. If anyone could, please pray that I can remain patient and that if I do put in my two weeks notice, I can do it with respect and with a general sense of calmness.
Dude, get a bank job as a teller, that's what I used to do. They start you off at $9 MINIMUM, and if you have experience you can be making +$11, depending on your area. I take it you use the cash registers at Staples, so you have cash handling experience. And if you decide that it is something you really want to do, and you have "upper management" written all over you like Peter Gibbons, then you can make a bit more. There is always room to move up at banks, and in a year or so you could be making $15 or more. $15 an hour ain't bad man, I'm here to help. I've been where you were at before, and it sucks.I'm serious, weekends off, all holidays off, even the fake ones (jk), and you get decent pay, wearing probably close to the same stuff, with set schedules and a nice, respectable job. You get to learn a lot of things there too. Trust me, make the move, you will thank me dearly! I was happy when I was there.
Dude, get a bank job as a teller, that's what I used to do. They start you off at $9 MINIMUM, and if you have experience you can be making +$11, depending on your area. I take it you use the cash registers at Staples, so you have cash handling experience. And if you decide that it is something you really want to do, and you have "upper management" written all over you like Peter Gibbons, then you can make a bit more. There is always room to move up at banks, and in a year or so you could be making $15 or more. $15 an hour ain't bad man, I'm here to help. I've been where you were at before, and it sucks.I'm serious, weekends off, all holidays off, even the fake ones (jk), and you get decent pay, wearing probably close to the same stuff, with set schedules and a nice, respectable job. You get to learn a lot of things there too. Trust me, make the move, you will thank me dearly! I was happy when I was there.
I'm not too bright, but I took the statement below to mean he's not a cashier"Most of the cashiers make more than me and they do a lot less."My advice would be to look for another job in your time off, but don't burn your bridge, so you can use Staples as a reference.
I'm not too bright, but I took the statement below to mean he's not a cashier"Most of the cashiers make more than me and they do a lot less."My advice would be to look for another job in your time off, but don't burn your bridge, so you can use Staples as a reference.
I took it like he was a cashier as well, and that they do less work then he does as a cashier, and they get paid more. At any rate, he should make the switch.

Haha my friend just quit McDonalds today:Manager: Are you going on break now?Him: Actually no, I'm going home, I quitManager: Hahaha that's a good oneHim: I wasn't joking. Good luck.

Convert to JudaismProblem solved
haha but then technically you cant work friday nights and saturdays
:club: Tell him to get a job at Staples, I hear they're hiring!
also have u thought of any kind of college,a degree will open up a lot more doors, even a 2 yr degree from a com. college
haha but then technically you cant work friday nights and saturdaysalso have u thought of any kind of college,a degree will open up a lot more doors, even a 2 yr degree from a com. college
Hey, easy. I know how to spell hear and here, it was a typo.I meant, like as in. I, here (being here on the internet), they are hiring..As in...I, being here on the internet, they are hirng...LOL ok, So I made a typo, sue me!I'm smart, I think...Degrees are for suckers man, I gotta win a WPT EVENT!!!

I work in the office supplies area at STaples, restocking stuff, helping customers, pulling stuff down, covering other departments. However, when they were shor staffed I was the only office supply people they taught how to do cashier, so I can do that easily.I went in today and the manager said, "you're late" and i said, "I had church" so he's like "let's walk and talk"and the jist of it was is he told me that if I wanted to stay hired there, I needed to show up at the time the schedule said. This all on the day that the copy center girl didn't show up, the funriture guy called in and the business machines lead came 3 hours late. But i took it well, i didn't complain or try to point out other people who get off easy, I just said, "Okay."

I work in the office supplies area at STaples, restocking stuff, helping customers, pulling stuff down, covering other departments. However, when they were shor staffed I was the only office supply people they taught how to do cashier, so I can do that easily.I went in today and the manager said, "you're late" and i said, "I had church" so he's like "let's walk and talk"and the jist of it was is he told me that if I wanted to stay hired there, I needed to show up at the time the schedule said. This all on the day that the copy center girl didn't show up, the funriture guy called in and the business machines lead came 3 hours late. But i took it well, i didn't complain or try to point out other people who get off easy, I just said, "Okay."
You're making an awfully big deal of this. Almost to the point where it is annoying. I'm not trying to be jerk, but there's no other way to put it. It's STAPLES!!!! This is not your career, and you should not even be thinking of making a job at Staples your career, unless that job is a high corporate managament type posistion that pays at the bare minimum $50,000 a year.You can do better...much, much better. Keep your head up and stick true to your faith and beliefs. I'll tell you something that might make your decision really easy. When you have a "real" 9-5 job, you usually don't work on Sundays.
But i took it well, i didn't complain or try to point out other people who get off easy, I just said, "Okay."
oh my.way to stick it to him.good luck reconciling that situation. ooooohhh boy.write that noticedeliver pizza.or work in restarant, great fun, comradary if you get the right crew
I work in the office supplies area at STaples, restocking stuff, helping customers, pulling stuff down, covering other departments. However, when they were shor staffed I was the only office supply people they taught how to do cashier, so I can do that easily.I went in today and the manager said, "you're late" and i said, "I had church" so he's like "let's walk and talk"
Get your *** over to page 2 and read my reply. Now.
Well, it's 12:20 and I was supposed to show up at 12 and no call from the manager yet. I'm gonna start getting dressed in a few mins so we'll see how it goes. I might just put in my two weeks anyways because I'm not happy at this place. Thanks for all the help.
Weren't you supposed to be at church then ?

There is the Workplace Religious Freedom Act...they have to accomodate you unless it causes undue hardship....this is STAPLES. I seriously doubt they will lose billions if one person takes an hour off on Sundays. Plus, I'm sure they make the schedule well in advance. So I don't see how you wanting to take Sunday mornings off would cause them undue hardship....If I were you I'd tell them to go to hell and find another job. Hell Mickey Dee's pays 8 bucks an hour to start.Just my 2 cents.

There is the Workplace Religious Freedom Act...they have to accomodate you unless it causes undue hardship....this is STAPLES. I seriously doubt they will lose billions if one person takes an hour off on Sundays. Plus, I'm sure they make the schedule well in advance. So I don't see how you wanting to take Sunday mornings off would cause them undue hardship....If I were you I'd tell them to go to hell and find another job. Hell Mickey Dee's pays 8 bucks an hour to start.Just my 2 cents.
No food for me!(soup nazi reference)