Who Here Has A Problem Going To Bed Early And Has A Hard Time Waking Up?

ok my dad is a neuorlogist and in addition to having his own practice he works for a couple of sleep clinics. here is what he generally tells people who have problems sleeping:You need a set schedule. Wake up and go to sleep at the same time every day! most people need more than 8 hours of sleep to be optimal. the hardest part of doing this is at the begining, you ARE going to be tired for a couple of days. Set your alarm for oh say 9 AM, then that night you may not be able to go to sleep, but wake up at 9 AM AGAIN and that night you will probably be asleep at around midnight.Most sleeping problems are mental and not physical problems. For whatever reason you think too much at night. You have to be able to relax yourself and go to sleep.If you think you have a serious problem, such as sleep apnea(Sp?), which is relatively common, go to a sleep lab and spend the night there and they will run tests while your sleeping to see what the problem is!hth

if im left to my own devices i will stay up until like 6 or 7 and sleep all day. i used to have a job from like 7 at night to 5 in the morning, and i would have to set an alarm clock to get me up for it.im working days now and it sucks, i only get like 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

I go to bed before 1:00am about 4 times a yearThat is the case for the last, oh... 20 yrsnormal is 2:30-4:30 am or soAnd I"ve had a "9-5" job for 8 yrs now.
Baller. I just watched Office Space, again, and I couldn't help but think of you. In a non gay way of course, but hey, the thought was there, right?
Baller. I just watched Office Space, again, and I couldn't help but think of you. In a non gay way of course, but hey, the thought was there, right?
I am Peter Gibbonscompany picnic was canceled today due to weather."All employees report to work"lol. sorry, i'll be in bed till 5pm.
I am Peter Gibbonscompany picnic was canceled today due to weather."All employees report to work"lol. sorry, i'll be in bed till 5pm.
That movie is awesome. Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.Peter Gibbons: I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob!Classic.
I've found that I need 6+ hours of sleep each night to function. Committing to sleep is the hardest thing for me. I can always be distracted by a book or article or obscure movie on TV instead of going to sleep... On a related but random sidenote, if there is anyone in the Chicagoland area who has an aberrant sleep schedule I've got a +EV situation for you. A research group at Northwestern Memorial Hospital will pay you $1300 for staying awake for 28 hours. I guarantee almost anyone on this board has done that at least once. It's pretty interesting so see how you score on the neurological tests (reaction time, mathematical analysis, memory, concentration, etc) after an extended period of sleep deprivation. I did it earlier this summer; it's very easy and good money. If you want more info PM me...
I do this like at least every other week it seems. I work 3rd shift right now and I'll often just stay up after I get off work in the morning when I'm going to have that night off. Too bad I live in Cincy and not Chicago or I could get that free $1300.On the topic of this thread. I'm glad to see that there are others in the same boat I'm in. I find it extremely difficult to do the 9-5 thing. I have a very hard time falling asleep at night, but once I fall asleep I'm usually out for a good 8-10 hours. That's what caused me to start doing 3rd shift, it works better with my natural sleep schedule.
Does that explain ALL your posts? :club:
You've got something stuck up your a ss. Stop clapping at your own posts, it's annoying. BTW, you are the only jack a ss in this thread, most people in this thread actually have a real response.