All I can say is my jaw absolutely hit the floor when those missiles flew off into the night. One of the coolest things I've ever seen on a TV show, just an amazing way to end the episode.
yeah that was an awesome ending. will keep me tuning in.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things about last week's episode. I did a marathon tonight at the hotel, and I gotta say, I'm hooked. First of the two things. And this ****ing freaked me out. It's 3am, and I've been watching this post apocalyptic show about 4 miles away from the very Seal naval base they talk about here in San Diego. As soon as all the character's phones start ringing, the hotel phone here started ringing. Mind you, I NEVER get phone calls in the middle of the night, and I was pretty into this show after watching it all night on CBS.com. Yeah, I yelped a bit.Second thing, I think one of the best images that's going to stay with me while watching this show, is seeing those nuclear missles heading off to God knows where. Yeah, I'm hooked on another stupid show.

My current theory is that Hawkins is part of an internal revolutionist group (probably within the government) who set off the bombs and made it appear as if we were attacked by another country.That would explain why he has access to the internet while no one else can get in. He could also pull up infomration on Skeet's character who appears to be ex military. The question is what side is he really on, and why is he in a small Kansas town at this point?

Um, has anyone noticed that the horses and other farm animals miraculously survived the radiation ?
What radiation. Didn't you remember the rain ended up not being radioactive. If it was radioactive then the entire crop that everyone was helping with would of been ruined.

Anyone else have a theory on that randomly exploding EMP device that went off seemingly *right* over Jericho? That didn't make any sense to me...If you were watching closely, there was a red starbursty thing in the sky right when the lights went out. Another good episode last night, although the very end kinda made Jake appear to have more to do with the whole "conspiracy" than he's let on...

What radiation. Didn't you remember the rain ended up not being radioactive. If it was radioactive then the entire crop that everyone was helping with would of been ruined.
yeah and I'm assuming Stanley (the farmer) would have died too because he was in it for a while.
Anyone else have a theory on that randomly exploding EMP device that went off seemingly *right* over Jericho? That didn't make any sense to me...If you were watching closely, there was a red starbursty thing in the sky right when the lights went out. Another good episode last night, although the very end kinda made Jake appear to have more to do with the whole "conspiracy" than he's let on...
I don't think Jake has anything to do with that, it's more his history in the town and people he used to be involved with that seem to be what will cause him problems.Hawkins on the other hand, I still can't quite figure out. Once the EMP was off he was online chatting with someone asking if that was thier EMP or someone elses, and the only response he got was that they were compromised.
Hawkins on the other hand, I still can't quite figure out. Once the EMP was off he was online chatting with someone asking if that was thier EMP or someone elses, and the only response he got was that they were compromised.
I think you've got that backwards, my take was that Hawkins typed in that he was compromised. Which he was, Jake saw him in the backyard.

yeah Hawkins really confuses me.. works for the government, a Bad guy? Wants to help then with the corn. Who is this man?

I think you've got that backwards, my take was that Hawkins typed in that he was compromised. Which he was, Jake saw him in the backyard.
I'll rewatch it tonight, but I'm sure we will find out soon enough.
I'll rewatch it tonight, but I'm sure we will find out soon enough.
I'm pretty sure of it, I think the "was it ours or theirs" question was already typed into the chatbox when Hawkins sat down at the computer.
yeah Hawkins really confuses me.. works for the government, a Bad guy? Wants to help then with the corn. Who is this man?
What I trying to figure out is why he seems to think everyone is on to him at every minute.Get your story straight on where we came from, no you can't go to the party yet it could destroy us, that picture doesn't have me in it causing questions.I'm hoping another spy comes in to say "man you always were a paranoid one, sir"
I'm pretty sure of it, I think the "was it ours or theirs" question was already typed into the chatbox when Hawkins sat down at the computer.
I rewatched it, I'm fairly sure that whoever was talking to him told him that they were compromised.
  • 2 weeks later...

These people make me sooooo angry. I've been operating under the premise that each episode = a few days or so. But nooooooooo, tonight we find out it's been weeks since the attack. WEEKS!!!! And these guys don't have anything figured out about how they are going to survive the coming winter, let alone any bands of pilllagers that happen on this quaint little burg. Fck these idiots! When a number of the townsfolk get killed, kidnapped or cut into steaks I will laugh heartily. Yeah I pretty much tune in now to see how they'll piss me off this week.

I tried to watch it tonight but CBS cut off the first 20 minutes for a press interview with the ISU football coach resigning... hi, they are a horrible program who cares???So I missed the first 20 minutes.Hawkins is FBI... interesting. Wonder if the story he told about trying to track terrorist activity in the area was true.

I tried to watch it tonight but CBS cut off the first 20 minutes for a press interview with the ISU football coach resigning... hi, they are a horrible program who cares???So I missed the first 20 minutes.Hawkins is FBI... interesting. Wonder if the story he told about trying to track terrorist activity in the area was true.
I'm trying to remember what exactly happened in the first 20mins. The brothers arrived in the town to find it deserted with markings from FEMA spray painted on the doors of the houses stating that the town was evacuated on 10/25, which according to the dialogue was at least a month ago in the timeline of the story. They got to the hospital but all the patients there had been executed by the mercs from the ravenwood firm that was hired by FEMA (the guys who showed up at the hospital later in the episode). I think that's about it for the major points.Is he? It seems like he's a little too good at deception to mistakenly leave a badge laying around if he doesn't want anyone to know about it. I think he's a terrorist. Or this was some sort of coup/plot carried out by members within the government. It would help explain:1) the timing of his move to the middle of nowhere 2) the long stretches of time away from his family that his wife mentioned since such a massive coordinated attack would require extensive prep3) possession of e.m.p.-proof equipment Hawkins is the only intriguing character on the show, but maybe that's because he's about the only one not being an idiot and completely transparent.

Your not the only one wondering why with all the other precausions Hawkins has taken, why his wallet was so easy too find (I also question, is what Hawkins says about FBI badges true and if it isn't, is that suppose to be a clue for us the audience).Overall though, another slow episode. About 3 episodes ago it looked like this show was going to pick up some steam. Its backtracked since then.

Hawkins is the only intriguing character on the show, but maybe that's because he's about the only one not being an idiot and completely transparent.
I like Jake too. Your right about him leaving the badge out, but he wasn't prepared for his home to be searched as evidenced by having his daughter go to the basement and hide the door with the food rack.His wife indicated his job was more important than here, FBI type position could easily be the cause of that. So could being a part of a terrorist cell though. FBI explains his access to the internet while everyone else is shut out, and his access to files like the one he was looking at with Jake.The preview for next week looks like an interesting epsiode, with a showdown with the mercs hired by FEMA.

I got the impression that the daughter put the badge out for the deputy to find, in addition to covering the door with the shelf. I seem to remember her rummaging around in a box when she was down there, and she had her father's key to the locked room. Pretty sure that's how it went down, but I'm still not sold on Hawkins being a Fibby just yet...

I got the impression that the daughter put the badge out for the deputy to find, in addition to covering the door with the shelf. I seem to remember her rummaging around in a box when she was down there, and she had her father's key to the locked room. Pretty sure that's how it went down...
Bingo!
i'm officially addicted to this show. started off kind of rocky in terms of whether or not i'd keep watching, but love where its going. skeet ulrich rules.
I've been addicted since I saw the mushroom cloud off in the distance, I'm glad it's sticking around. I actually enjoy all of the characters, but Gray Anderson and Hawkins are my favorites, they're the most fun to watch and speculate about.

yeah I assumed the daughter put the badge out on purpose to basically make them stop searching and leave. and Eric "Eli" is going to talk to his wife about getting a divorce and his wife is pregnant. Can't be good.