Writers/journalists Needed

Hey guysWe are designing a new poker site that will focus on Poker news, gaming news, interview of poker players, gaming execs etc.... We need writers/ journalists who can write 5-8 stories per month and you will be paid a small fee for your work. We are looking for people who want to grow with us. Once we grow our business these jobs will turn into full time opp’s, as we will be travelling with the WPT to their events.If you want $100 per article please don't email or PM me on this. There will be a small sum paid per month, which correlates to the amount of articles written.We are a Start UP and need to get good people who can help us grow the business. We started 2 years ago with Lifeofsports.com and we have over 40,000 in our database so we know with time that we can do the same with our new site. We are very easy to work with and get along with so there will be 0 brain damage.If you are looking for a part time opportunity to promote yourself, your work or have a passion for poker and just want to be involved get in touch with us.We have plenty of cool things planned for the upcoming months with our launch.Chris@lifeofsports.com

i could definitely do this. even though im an economics/finance major in my business degree (last year) i am a fine righter lol. i could write about the eastern canada poker scene weekly or results from tourneys, etc etc.

i could definitely do this. even though im an economics/finance major in my business degree (last year) i am a fine righter lol. i could write about the eastern canada poker scene weekly or results from tourneys, etc etc.
I hope that was supposed to be ironic, because if not that's some funny shiat.
I hope that was supposed to be ironic, because if not that's some funny shiat.
QFT..turns out im full of irony!I'm am the bestest righter in the historie of man. I'll won't not let you're sight down. Poke her is one of my favoritest hobbys!

Sorry my PM's were full.....I'd prefer emails if you are going to contact us. There will be a few of my team members involved in both deciding who will be writing for us and it will be easier if you email me at chris@lifeofsports.comThis site will differ because our current site i'm assuming you are referring to is a free fantasy sports site with some poker news and sportsnews. The new site is 100% poker/gaming focused. We are legit and have done plenty of things in the past that many of the forum members here have taken part in so if your skeptical ask around.

Spell check much? (sw)
hehe.. on a serious note, i sent you a real application chris. i think id be great for this.. ive wanted to write a column for a long time, and i tried to get our local university paper to pick one up but they didnt think it would be a success (donks)
Is that bad?
If you are basing your opinion on whether poker is beatable or not, and your sample size is 3 tourneys, then yes, it is bad. What kind of dumb questiion are you asking me? If you are a good player poker is beatable. Don't play above your head, don't play a game you can't beat. If you crush 10-20 but want to play 30-60 but cant beat the game, stick with 10-20.
No, 4.I have gone in depth before about this, a few of the vets here agree with me on some points and others think my views are a complete joke. It doesn't really matter to me.
If you're good enough and you learn proper bankroll management skills, stick to games you can beat, how can you lose? If you're a good enough player, and I am not saying you aren't, but if you're good enough you can beat games all the time, all day long.
If you are basing your opinion on whether poker is beatable or not, and your sample size is 3 tourneys, then yes, it is bad. What kind of dumb questiion are you asking me? If you are a good player poker is beatable. Don't play above your head, don't play a game you can't beat. If you crush 10-20 but want to play 30-60 but cant beat the game, stick with 10-20.If you're good enough and you learn proper bankroll management skills, stick to games you can beat, how can you lose? If you're a good enough player, and I am not saying you aren't, but if you're good enough you can beat games all the time, all day long.
I was an overall winning poker player, and I HARDLY ever went out of my bankroll(and I never went broke or got hurt because of it) but the amount I was winning wasn't enough to deal with all of the suckouts and hours of playing. I was mainly a tournament and SNG player with varied results in cash games.With the huge fields(especially the ME) it's absolutely ridiculous to say that skill played a more important factor than luck.I have a lot more views on poker and these supposed "poker pros" but no one wants to hear about them because it shatters their world.
I was an overall winning poker player, and I HARDLY ever went out of my bankroll(and I never went broke or got hurt because of it) but the amount I was winning wasn't enough to deal with all of the suckouts and hours of playing. I was mainly a tournament and SNG player with varied results in cash games.With the huge fields(especially the ME) it's absolutely ridiculous to say that skill played a more important factor than luck.I have a lot more views on poker and these supposed "poker pros" but no one wants to hear about them because it shatters their world.
Well as far as tourneys go I agree, but cash games is what I was referring to. Master those, and you will never go hungry. That is where all the money is at anyway. Then once you build a huge roll, play some tourneys. If you win one of those, then you're set. But, cash games is what can be beaten, tournaments are a different story.
Well as far as tourneys go I agree, but cash games is what I was referring to. Master those, and you will never go hungry. That is where all the money is at anyway. Then once you build a huge roll, play some tourneys. If you win one of those, then you're set. But, cash games is what can be beaten, tournaments are a different story.
How are cash games more beatable than tournaments? I also agree that MTTs can be a crapshoot sometimes. STTs are a different story though. I find them pretty damn easy to beat on a consistent basis, from the 10$ buyins all the way up to the 50 and 100$(sometimes) buyins. Play tight if your table is loose and aggressive, that way you just have to wait as guys donk each other out of the tournament. It goes from ten players, to nine, to seven, to six, and before you know it you only have to outlast a few more players before you can cash. Once I make it to last three and I'm guaranteed a profit I really let loose. I've got nothing to lose and everything to gain by suddenly changing gears and really turning up the aggression. And the other I like about tournaments that I can almost never do in a ring game is play a lot of hands when the blinds are insignificant. For me it's about trying to build up a cushion early so I can have an advantage when the blinds start getting expensive. If your careful and good you can play some crappy hands early in the tourney because they're live cards and people will really pay you off sometimes if you hit them well. Plus, they're really easy to get away from if you don't hit the flop. And if you do, well... nobody just assumes you'll play junk, so your hand will be completely disguised. It's pretty nice implied odds for what was a small investment preflop. After the flop you'll get action if someone has overcards, some kind of draw, the second best pair, or even top pair --->(if you get real lucky and flop trips, two pair, or a straight with gaped cards).